Unseen

Awaiting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 2 - Unseen

 

Taeyeon didn’t make any progress in her song writing.

So she was thinking of inviting artist to be featured and expanding her creative box. She sat on her bed with her laptop on her lap as the only source of light in the room. She strolled on the internet for a long time, bookmarking pages of artists she liked and she would show them to Sunny for insights. And Taeyeon heard the front door being closed just about time.

“Welcome home”, Taeyeon got out from her room and carried her laptop.

Instead of the usual hi, Taeyeon heard Sunny cursed at her.

“!” Sunny almost collapsed right at the place and time. “Couldn’t you just turn on the light?! God damn it, Tae!”

“Oh, I didn’t know it was night already”, Taeyeon looked outside the window when Sunny walked passed her.

“Don’t appear suddenly like that again! Especially with your ing laptop under your face!”, Sunny shot death arrows to the back of Taeyeon’s head to the sofa and went to turn the lights on herself.

“Okay”, Taeyeon thought it wasn’t a big deal. She placed her laptop on the coffee table and swiped her fingers on the touchpad to wake the device, “Sunkyu, come here”

Sunny who was about to close her bedroom door said, “Can you at least give me time to bath?”

Taeyeon’s ears perked up. She definitely heard that one. “Bath?”, she asked in a teasing way. 

Sunny unconsciously hid behind her door, “I swear I’ll never forget to lock it. Ever.” And Taeyeon just laughed it off. Sunny really hated the teasing Taeyeon. It took all her courage to muster a question if Taeyeon saw something and that little ert just answered ‘I saw what I need to see’. What the hell did that mean?

Meanwhile Sunny was bathing, Taeyeon who had work to do, acted normal and calm at the fact that showering sound reverberated in the living room. She was wearing headset and playing the artists' songs which muffled the water sound.

Taeyeon had her bookmarks tab opened and she started ahead. She closed several tabs after a careful judgement and left seven opened with in an order the most favorite to the least and replayed their songs again and again.

Not long after, Sunny reappeared by the door. “What you need me for?”, She was fresh from the shower and her towel was still scrubbing against her hair.

Taeyeon patted the space next to her for Sunny to sit and plugged off one of her earphone. “Look and listen carefully.” Taeyeon said and fixed the jobless earphone to Sunny’s ear.

They both scrunched up in front of Taeyeon’s laptop and in silence for a while before Sunny started to picking up the pattern of Taeyeon’s nominees.

Sunny put off her earphone momentarily, “Are you just looking based on their looks?”

Truth to be told, Taeyeon arranged that aspect subconsciously. “Shh, listen to the end”, Taeyeon lifted her finger in the middle of them.

Irritated, Sunny listened back to all the songs. Whenever a new tab was opened and showed the artist profile, she would side eye to Taeyeon. But the latter acted all focus or would just raise her eyebrows back at Sunny.

When the review was finished, Taeyeon asked, “Who’d you pick?”

Sunny furrowed her eyebrows and bit her inner lips, “No one left any impression to me.” She looked at Taeyeon, “Why are we doing this anyway?”

Taeyeon explained her trouble in the album and her intention to feature with another artist. “Honestly for me, it was hard to choose between the second and the fifth one”, Taeyeon reopened her bookmark tabs and showed it side to side.

“Definitely your taste”, Sunny wasn’t impressed by Taeyeon either. “Why you need to feature? I personally think you’re great on your own, Taengoo”

Taeyeon heard that many times, but everytime it rolled off from Sunny’s lips made her all bashful which was why she tried to look cool and nonchalant. “Thanks. But I really need your opinion and if I were choosing from my taste, it would be the first and the second” Taeyeon closed the fifth artist and opened the first one.

Sunny scratched her nose, “I’m not sure. What did you need anyway?”

Taeyeon kept her eyes on the laptop and bit her lips. She pondered a little bit and answered, “I think I need someone who could play the instrument?”

Sunny agreed, “main vocal must be you.”

“I just wanted to do something different on live stages, to spice up things a little you know. I’ve done a solo stage and dance, so I wanted to have a duet for this album and showed a much cooler stage.”

Sunny nodded at Taeyeon’s words.

“Do you think we need violinist? Wasn’t it too musical like and too fancy?”, Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows, opened and re-opened the seven tabs.

Sunny made a triangle with her arm on the table and rested her temple on her knuckles.

Taeyeon mirrored the posture, “maybe pianist you think?” But the thought was soon dismissed, ”Nah, it would be too classical.”

Sunny stayed in her position and looked at Taeyeon who changed her position every now and then, it was rare to see a serious side of Taeyeon and Sunny enjoyed it. The small wrinkle between her eyebrows and sparks in her eyes were just too adorable.

Taeyeon sat up straight and leaned to the couch, she crossed her arms over her chest. She mentally crossed all the choices she had and while grinding her thumb nail against her tooth, Taeyeon came up with a final one. “Guitar”, she looked at Sunny, “Don’t you think so?”

Sunny smiled and nodded. “I like guitar sounds.”

Taeyeon received a sudden burst of energy. She looked at her bookmark tabs and luckily the second artist used guitar as her instrument. She did a small yes with her fist, “We got her!”, and looked at the calm Sunny,” Lee Sun Kyu, I know I count on you!”

Sunny smiled and leaned forward to see this second artist’s profile. She didn’t expect it when Taeyeon gave her a peck on her cheek. Taeyon was like that, when she was energetic, she did things that could make Sunny misunderstood. But, Sunny could handle the warmness spreading on her cheeks and tried to behave normal. She liked to be someone who Taeyeon could talk to, though all she did was listening and couldn’t give any impactful ideas, she was glad Taeyeon shared her thought and figured out the problems herself.

“Couln’t you just be my manager, Sunkyu? I’ll pay you”, Taeyeon asked while she typed an email furiously.

“You want me to be 24/7 with you?”, Sunny hooked a falling hair on Taeyeon’s ear, “why don’t just hire me as your maid then?”

“Good idea. I don’t have to pay much for a maid. Can I have my shoulder massaged right now?”, Taeyeon received a knock on head.

“Go live with your parent, you little brat”, sunny stood up and went for her room as it seemed her role was done for the night.

Taeyeon rubbed her aching spot while seeing the retreating figure. Sunny had always been more than a help towards her life. It seemed like there was always a way she missed to see and all the positivity around Sunny helped her to spot an alternative route. Truthfully felt, It didn’t sound bad being 24/7 with Sunny.

Which was why she agreed to share the apartment from the first.

 

 

====== ===== ======

 

 

“So, what kind of theme we’ll be working on, Taeyeon?”

This week Taeyeon had a meeting with the featuring artist.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter