Unaware

Awaiting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 1 - Unaware

 

Taeyeon had a problem with her current relationship.

Taeyeon met this woman on the last project who kind of dealt with her stage costumes. No, she wasn’t Taeyeon’s stylist, she was the owner one of the brands Taeyeon would be wearing and indirectly promoting. And Taeyeon remembered that it was going to be 4 months since they had dated, caused literally that was how long her album was out on the streets. Her baby wasn’t that well known yet, Taeyeon assumed because she was a newcomer artist, but she had been in the business long enough so there wasn’t a question about the quality. She believed that success was the only matter of time. With a lot of luck.

And just like her luck that inclined downward on this album, this girlfriend of hers had slowly disappeared. Taeyeon tried to text, to phone, or every single method she knew how to connect to a person indirectly but couldn’t find her. Looking for help, she called Sunny, one of the important person in her life which also her beloved housemate.

“She’s gone. Like storm after rain.” Taeyeon sang as soon as the beeping stopped. Her hands on the steering wheel, waiting for her coffee in drive thru. She silently hoped that her ghost-like girlfriend could be as fast responding as Sunny.

Sunny didn’t have to ask who Taeyeon meant as she recognized that kind of tone Taeyeon spoke with, “your dear J? Have you called her workplace?”

Taeyeon replaced the car in front of hers, smiled kindly to the server on a small confinement as a sympathy and muttered a thank you when she received her coffee. “She didn’t like to be bothered at work.So, She didn’t bother to give me the number.” Taeyeon completed her sentence with a shrug and placed her ice Frappuccino on the drink holder beside her seat.

“Can’t you just work a little bit harder? Google it up.” Taeyeon could mentally picture Sunny rolled her eyes at the other line.

“Right. Why didn’t I think of that”, Taeyeon said as she parked her car. As expected, Sunny was her brain. “But I’m using this phone right now to talk to you”

Sunny let out a sigh too loud for a phone talk, “I’m hanging u-”

“Wait”, Taeyeon fixed her sitting posture and drank her coffee before she continued, “you’re home, Sunkyu?”

Sunny thought for a moment what did that question mean, then with uncertainty she replied, “Mh-hmm.”

“You google it up for me then."Taeyeon responded. She smiled a little behind her phone, expected what the next answer from Sunny.

“You spoiled little brat”, Sunny was annoyed. But, Taeyeon could hear her moving from the couch and opened a door. “ I’ll text ya.”

“Okay.” then Taeyeon hung up and took of her Bluetooth earpiece on the dashboard before she the whipped cream from the end of the straw.

Moment later, the text was arrived. A company number completed with the address and a reminder to stock the beer from Sunny.

Following the address, Taeyeon drove her car and called the number before she arrived. The ring went for a while and Taeyeon remembered it was lunch time, and no one would be behind the desk. However, before she turned off, the other line finally picked up.

Taeyeon threw away the formalities and pointed the question to the receptionist; she didn’t call as a client after all. An annoyed reply Taeyeon got, not that she didn’t expect that, stated that everyone was off for the lunch time and asked for Taeyeon’s name and a message to convey which Taeyeon didn’t bother to give.

Later, Taeyeon was arrived at the big building made of glass. She suddenly felt self-conscious upon her casual checkered shirt and black jeans with ankle boots. She got on to the parking lot and made her way to the lobby. They told her to wait at the sitting area and Taeyeon did, bore herself by looking at the passing robots with suits.

It was a long await, Taeyeon believed, before a certain brunette with a familiar face caught her attention and she called the name, “Sica.”

The person turned around, and they locked eyes. There wasn’t any shock on Jessica’s eyes, only irritation and visibly unhappiness towards Taeyeon’s sudden appearance. It was the time Jessica ignored her that Taeyeon noticed her hands were linked to a man’s arm, who looked back at Taeyeon with judging look that Taeyeon recognized as the man who often picked Jessica up from their dates.

Teayeon wasn’t surprised or amused, she had guessed it somehow. She threw a lopsided smile towards her own obstinateness and left the scene.

She didn’t forget to buy the beers that could restock their fridge for a while.

 

 

=== ==== =====

 

 

“Told ya. It was suspicious to have such a pretty lady like her to be gay.” that was Sunny’s respond and sipped the newly bought beer.

Taeyeon opened one for herself and went to the sofa, “I thought I could turn her gay, you know.” She grabbed the couch pillow to empty her seat, sipped her beer once then continued, “And for your information, I am pretty and gay.”

Sunny just laughed it off. She followed Taeyeon’s steps and plopped down beside her, “So today’s will be your redemption?”, Sunny gestured at all the beers that still in the plastic bags.

Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders, “I guess. Beers and you. Entertain me, please.” She lazily sank onto the sofa.

Sunny rolled her eyes. She cared for Taeyeon and hoped the latter could meet the one, but her lifestyle started to get unhealthy and Taeyeon was kind of blind. Couldn’t she really see that this Jessica girl was using her for free promotion for clothing? “Really, Tae. Since when you date all the girls you meet?”

Taeyeon didn’t have to ponder hard. She tilted her head back and looked at Sunny only with her eyes, “Dating is inspiration, Sunkyu. I write faster with personal experiences.”

“I hope your break up songs won’t kill anyone.”

Taeyeon chuckled, “It’s hard to meet a proper date these days, you know.”

Sunny sipped her beer, “You just have to meet the right one.”

 Taeyeon quirked her eyebrows and looked at Sunny who said with pride, “Like me, who’s in front of you.”

Taeyeon sniggered in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter