Unsure

Awaiting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 4 -Unsure

 

 

Sunny winced when she tried to get up from her bed. She held it with her palm as if it was going to be better by doing so. When her headache eased, she uncovered her blanket and swung her feet off from her bed. Her toes accidentally touched something metal. She looked to the floor and remembered all those cans of beers she drank last night.

With yesterday’s remainings, she dragged herself out of her room and looked for something to help her head. Sunny settled for a hot tea. She sat herself down on the couch. Darkness still engulfed her surroundings, she didn’t sleep much then. It was barely morning.

She never had. Not in these past few days.

If it wasn’t for the help of the alcohol, cause she refused to take sleeping pills, Sunny would probably stay awake all night and day.

It was just this 3 days ago’s incident really hit her hard. Although she knew much about Taeyeon’s dates, she was never really there physically. And seeing Taeyeon with someone’s else with her own eyes, she lost her self-control towards her emotion. It felt different from hearing it through talks and messages. It felt really real.

And really hurts.

Sunny realized how fragile her heart and her feelings were. So easy for them to be broken into shards. Her mind wasn't better.

However, what petrified Sunny more was, she never knew she felt this strong towards Taeyeon. That with even a slightest and ambiguous ray of hope, she was willingly to follow that light without knowing it was cliff at the end.

So, she fell. Into the strong current water beneath.

And swimming didn’t really help. She was just being dragged until the current wasn’t that strong anymore and she could float back onto the surface. She was just floating in the sea of sadness, staring onto the sky that was as blue as she was feeling now.

Sunny sipped her warm tea. She never knew love was something that very powerful. So much that it hurts, so much that she wondered if she was sane to keep the feelings for ten years without being reciprocated, and lived together.

Sunny started to think it wasn’t healthy. And just like how her tea quickly turned cold, Sunny drown in her thought.

 

 

==== ==== ====

 

 

Taeyeon was lying on her bed and stared onto the grey ceilings with yellow rays of sunshine. Specks of dust were flying in the lights, then invisible when it went through. Her mind floated with them.

It would be so much easier if Sunny just asked what happened three days ago. But the fact that Sunny tried to act normal made it far from fine, even frustrating. It wasn’t like she could go to Sunny and said, “Hey,  it wasn’t like what you think.”

But, what did Sunny think?

There were possibilities of what it might be. If Taeyeon tried to guess from her perspective, she would say Sunny was mad because she brought her ‘date’ home and made out. But the truth was too far from that.

Taeyeon knew that she behaved no better at dealing emotional things than Sunny. Sunny’s mind was too complicated for Taeyeon to crack. If Taeyeon was an ancient box full of emotional puzzles, Sunny would be a pyramid with death traps. And Taeyeon didn’t have many lives to take wrong steps.

Taeyeon rolled on her bed and covered herself with the blanket. How she could approach the problem really?

When Taeyeon heard the front door being opened then closed, she jumped from her bed. Sunny and she weren’t morning persons, and where did that complicated human go this early?  

Taeyeon went to the living room and immediately greeted with an unusual scene in front of her. It was Sunny in her sweat pants and hoodie with plastic bag. So, Sunny had already gone even before Taeyeon was conscious. That was bizarre.

“You’re awake”, Sunny said casually.

Taeyeon never saw Sunny like this in the morning before. It was just too unusual, even grumpy Sunny was better.

Taeyeon nodded though she knew Sunny didn’t look at her direction and just walked pass her to the kitchen. Taeyeon’s eyes followed quite closely, “Breakfast?” She too tried to act normal and hoped for the best. Taeyeon sat on the end of the couch, trying to digest the image of Sunny right now in her poor morning brain.

“I’m on diet.” Sunny poured herself a glass of water and took out an apple from the plastic bag. She walked towards the living room and jumped on the couch where Taeyeon sat, not too far but not close as usual.

And it was Taeyeon’s first time to see Sunny actually put an effort in her diet.

Sunny the TV and took a bite of her apple. Without looking at Taeyeon’s direction, she said, “There’s more in the kitchen.”

“Green apple is the worst.” Taeyeon huffed out her frustration. And if they were actually in a good term, usually Sunny would argue back.

But there was only TV sound in the living room. And two people who sat next to each other but never felt so completely separated before.

“Heard a new restaurant open. Want to go there tonight?” Taeyeon asked. She observed Sunny from the corner of her eyes.

Sunny showed off her apple to remind Taeyeon she was on a diet.

Taeyeon lolled her head and let out a sigh, “Yeah. Whatever. I’ll go alone, then.” Taeyeon had made a reservation honestly. In a busy grand opening, she had made a reservation. For Sunny and she to reconcile or discuss everything they had missed to talk about in these past days.

Sunny sniggered. “breakup already?”

“What do you mean?”, Taeyeon’s head snapped towards Sunny.

“Beat me, you won’t go alone.” Sunny took another bite of her apple. “Taeyeon always has dates.”

If they were in playful mood, Taeyeon would play along. However, by the way Sunny said it with hidden sarcasm; Taeyeon couldn’t take it without being offended. “You’re right. I’m thinking who I should call right now.”

“Good”, Sunny rose off from the couch. “Don’t forget to give them good night kiss.” After dumped the half eaten apple, Sunny went into her bedroom. “Oh, and don’t do it in front of our apartment please.” Then the door was slammed and Taeyeon was offended like it was done right in front of her face.

So, that was really how Sunny take it? Taeyeon laughed to herself. Sunny didn’t even bother to ask her what happened and jumped into a conclusion by herself. Wait, why Taeyeon had to explain everything again? It wasn’t like Sunny and she was in a relationship or whatsoever. If that was how Sunny saw Taeyeon, then let it be.

It meant Sunny didn’t know her as well as she thought Sunny would be.

 

 

==== ==== ====

 

 

Taeyeon was stupid and arrogant and a jerk. Sunny was surprised she just realized that.

Sunny flipped her phone to forget annoying post she saw a minute ago. Taeyeon smiled so wide that her teeth all could be seen beside a new girl Sunny never saw before. She was so damn right about it, that Taeyeon wouldn’t go alone. That was who Taeyeon was all along, and it was such an epic fail for Sunny to be blind about it and gave her feelings for that obnoxious and oblivious brat.

“Is there something wrong?”, Seohyun, Hyoyeon’s fiancé who was logically understanding Sunny’s status as Hyoyeon’s new friend, asked.

Sunny forgot that she was in the middle of night snack with the couple, “Nothing. It’s just the rice cake is too spicy for me.” She lied through her smile. She felt she made a right choice by being here rather than her depressing room and be alone.

“you don’t like spicy thing?”, Hyoyeon asked. She sat right across Sunny and Sunny didn’t know if she was being kind or the game before hadn’t ended yet.

“I do eat spicy foods but my stomach didn’t do very well”, Sunny carefully answered as she noticed Seohyun became tensed.

Hyoyeon called a waitress. “Can you tell the cook to come out?”

Sunny was surprised. And it wasn’t only her. Seohyun practically glared at Hyoyeon.

Sunny quickly said, “It’s fine, Hyoyeon. I can eat it.”

And Seohyun added in as fast, “Everyone taste is different. You can’t blame the chef for cooking it too spicy to Sunny’s likings.”

Hyoyeon held out her hands. “Easy you two,” She signaled the waitress to do what she said, then back to the table. “the rice cake is totally my taste and I won’t complain about it just because Sunny is a loser for not seeing the beauty of spice.” She proved her statement by biting the rice cake with extra sauce. Then, she looked at Seohyun with a meani

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter