Chapter 7: Finding Him

Journey: Unhoped For

 

 

Youngjae keep running and running, oblivious that he getting deeper into the unknown wood. He need some space away from the older vocalist to amend his heart. Youngjae didn't even try to wipe his falling tears, letting them flow freely down his cheek. He's too tired. Tired of holding back, he need to relieve his sadness. And the only solution Youngjae can think of as for now, is getting far away from him.

 

Slowly, he come to a rather steady paced walk after running for what seems to be hours earlier. Youngjae brush away his bang and wipe his dried tears stain with his bare hand. With the help of rays of a dawn light simmering between the wood trees, Youngjae managed to avoid any dangerous holes, mud and broken twig scattered along the wood ground. He don't exactly know where to go, yet he believe to follow wherever his feet take him.

 

Before long, Youngjae look ahead and decided to finally take a rest on a big tree with a high potruding root. He seated himself on one of flatter root and only then that he realise how restless he has became. Youngjae observe the dim glow of the dawn sky and come to understand the cause of his sudden fatigue. He didn't get any sleep at all, and his body feel rather weak after his immense running and crying from before.

 

Youngjae barely able to open his eyes due to sleepiness, and he tried to calm his breathe after running for miles. Oblivious to his surrounding, he lean his upper body against the big tree and close his eyes with a content sigh. He feel rather sleepy after being awake for the whole night and just like that he was welcomed into the darkness of dreamland.

 

---

 

Daehyun wake up from his slumber when someone lightly tap his shoulder. It is the resort staff and only then Daehyun realise he had fallen asleep on the stone bench he and Youngjae sat at few hours ago. The staff walk away after got a thank and being reassured by Daehyun that he's doing just fine. 

 

Somehow the vocalist wonder how come he did end up napping there while stretching his sore body. Daehyun let out a loud gasp when he finally remember the fight he had with Youngjae earlier, hastilly stand up and running towards their shared room.

 

Daehyun can't hide his nervousness to face the younger, thus explained why he's currently leaning on the hallway wall beside his room door. He know he need to apologize to the other and clear out all of the misunderstanding between them. Did Youngjae still wake up and fumingly mad at him? Will he get a thrown pillow or anything the younger could grasp on once he step into their room? He shuddered at the thought and mentally praying the other is currently sleeping. 

 

A minute or so, Daehyun finally slid his card and open the door silently. He take a look at the room anxiously and can't help but getting even more worried when his supposed roommate isn't there. Daehyun hurriedly check on the bathroom to see if the younger perhaps in there but disappointed when it was empty.

 

Daehyun sit at the edge of his bed and take a glance at the hanging clock. It's 8.48 am and the younger clearly didn't go back to their room based on the unchanging state of the latter's bed. Daehyun groan, frustrated by the fact Youngjae has left him in anger and he didn't make any effort to chase after him or prevent him from going away. 

 

"Maybe he went to other members' room", Daehyun guess and without further ado he already out of his room and furiously knocking on the next room door. 

 

Himchan open the door with a glare and scowl when he see that it was Daehyun who disturb him.

 

"What the heck do you want? Did you realize you had just interrupted my make up?", pointing to his half done concealer on his cheek, Himchan groan when Daehyun didn't even pay attention to him.

 

"Where's Youngjae? Did he came here, hyung?", glancing into the hyung line's room, Daehyun frown when he spot Yongguk leaning on the head rest with a headphone on and bobbing to whatever music from his phone.

 

"Why would he come here? As far as i remember, he's your roommate not me, and definitely Youngjae is not a kid who would wander around to others' room, right?", Himchan rolled his eyes.

 

Daehyun barely listen to the other male, gritting his teeth before turning his body to head to the maknae room. He hear Himchan mumbling at the back but decided to ignore him and let his mind wandered about Youngjae. 

 

Daehyun squeked when his legs trip and he stumble to the floor with a loud thud. He grumble while caressing his elbow before looked up to the snickering duo maknae.

 

"Hyung, how come you didn't see us here?" Jongup giggle, peeking behind Zelo's back.

 

"You look like a mess, hyung. You didn't shower yet right? Ugh, we're gonna be late to go out and Himchan hyung wouldn't stop nagging" Zelo grumbled when he scrutinize the older's appearance.

 

"Where's Youngjae hyung?" Jongup ask while grabbing Daehyun's hand and pull him up.

 

At this Daehyun looked up, clearly pertubered. That was the question Daehyun had mean to ask to duo maknae. Somehow, hearing Jongup's question causing his worry to increase tenfold. Where would Youngjae be?

 

"-ung..Earth to Daehyun hyung?", Jongup wave his hand in front of a once again distracted Daehyun, earning the latter's attention.

 

Daehyun grab Jongup's shoulder before he start questioning him. "Tell me, don't you guys meet Youngjae this morning? Did he somehow come to your guys' room? Please say that he come to you guys. Please..", Daehyun didn't even care if he have to beg, all he truly concern now is about Youngjae and only Youngjae.

 

"What do you mean hyung? We didn't see Youngjae hyung at all", Jongup respond by furrowing his brows. He don't understand why Daehyun acted this way. And what about this Youngjae disappearance though?

 

"Don't tell me..." Daehyun murmured and unconsciously release his grip on Jongup. Daehyun contemplate his thought with mouth wide open and eyes dilate from Jongup to Zelo only to find the two looking as confuse as ever.

 

No way...

 

'There's no way Youngjae did actually step his foot into that wood, right'

 

Daehyun suddenly feel paranoid. The younger has always been a clumsy person with a bad memory of new area. Daehyun has always been the one to guide Youngjae who frequently got lost whenever they went to an outdoor shooting. And never did Youngjae go far away or got separated from Daehyun or the other BAP members whenever they're going to unfamiliar location. If Youngjae was meant to go into that wood, how is he gonna survive looking for a way out?

 

Daehyun shake his head to clear his negative thought and swiftly head into his room leaving the confuse maknae. He proceed to take his phone and jacket before heading his way out of the resort. Daehyun ignore the calls of his name, and with a deep breath, he stride all along to the intimidating woods.

 

 

 

Meanwhile...

 

"What are you saying?", Himchan hollered causing Zelo to run to behind Jongup to keep himself safe from Himchan's wrath.

 

Yongguk come out from the door, looking bewildered and and a bit tad of annoyed by Himchan's yelling.

 

"What the heck-", Yongguk was cut from his continuing his words when Himchan giving him a murderous glare, signaling Yongguk to shut up.

 

"Uh, hyung. What should we do now? Do we have to start searching for them?", Jongup asked innocently, oblivious to the current tension weighing his surrounding.

 

Himchan shifted his glare from Yongguk to Jongup, yet softening his face when looking to the ever smiling angel in front of him.

 

"No way Jongup. We won't step into that horrible place. Just let them got eaten by anything resides there, I won't even care. I already told you guys the important rule here is to listen to Kim Himchan's words", Himchan wiggled a single finger and point it to himself.

"But these two brats decided to act on their own, and then what? Gonna drag us together into their mess? I would rather not", Himchan puffed an air of annoyance and cross both of his arms over his chest.

 

"Wait, what exactly of the effing earth happening here. Someone explain to me now!", Yongguk demand with his strict deep voice which he rarely use except when mean it for business. Even Himchan get intimidated by Yongguk's sudden change of demeanour and instinctively put his arms down.

 

Zelo timidly come to Yongguk's side to explain. "Daehyun hyung searching for Youngjae hyung. We don't know why but he looks so worry when he find out that Youngjae hyung isn't with us. Then he run out from the resort to God know where. We didn't managed to stop him as he sprint out ignoring our calls. Hinchan hyung suspected that they might go into that wood in front of our resort. And now, we don't exactly know what to do", Zelo finished, looking down at the ground, afraid to find out how the leader gonna react to this.

 

Yongguk pat Zelo's head and somehow it helps the younger to feel more relaxed. Yongguk then turn his attention to the other two members still looking scared and tense.

 

"Is that why Daehyun come to our room earlier?", Yongguk asked, and when Himchan nod, he sigh while lightly massaging his nose bridge.

 

"It's okay then. Maybe they're just going somewhere. They are an adult and know how to take care of themselves well. Let's wait for their return till this evening, if they don't, only then we'll think of what to do alright?", all of the remaining members nod their heads to the leader's clear instruction, and after some time all of them decided to grab for some breakfast to ease their wandering thoughts.

 

 

-------------------------------------

Author's note:

I'm gonna take some time for the next update because currently i 'm also working on my other DaeJae story, Hard To Love, How To Love..so i'll update that story first and this story gonna queue to be updated after that and so on.. so i hope you readers, can give supports to my other story too. Pls check it out here @ https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1352652/hard-to-love-how-to-love-beast-bap-daehyun-youngjae-2jae-daejaefluff