Chapter 5: Talking Out

Journey: Unhoped For

It's 7pm and hurried footsteps can be heard coming to the resort lobby. Youngjae who already come early in order to avoid the penalty as Himchan told, ignoring all the ruckus coming to the couch he currently occupy, while furiously scrolling his smartphone checking out for his SNS.

"Thank God we are not late", Zelo said while panting in exhaustion before throwing himself on the couch opposite of Youngjae's. Jongup looks around for the other members' presence before furrowing his eyebrows in confusion looking at Youngjae.

"Hyung, where are the other hyungs?"

"I don't know, I'm all alone here", without looking up from his device, Youngjae answered to Jongup who merely shrugged in response before sitting down next to Zelo.

"Hey kids, you guys are early", Yongguk while wearing his gummy smile greeted from where he was walking with Himchan who busily straightening out his outfit and checking out his face on the side mirror hanging all along the wall of the lobby.

"Of course hyung, we are a bunch of punctual people after all" Jongup said confidently, giving his eye smile to the leader who nodded his head in amusement to the younger.

Himchan scoffed on the side, while pointing and twirling around his finger to form some sort of circle towards the three younger members of the group "You guys being punctual? It's the last thing i would ever expect to happen if this world even collapse. Admit it, all of you are just a bunch of stingy people" 

"Well hyung, you cannot expect us to pay for all. I still need to save money for my new skateboard collection", reasoned a pouty Zelo.

Before Himchan could retort back, Yongguk quickly intervene the conversation by forming a question to the silent vocalist on the couch.

"Hey Jae, where's Daehyun?"

Looking up for a second to Yongguk, Youngjae shrug his shoulder to show that he don't know about the older vocalist's whereabout.

"How come you didn't know? You are practically a roommate with him." Himchan inquired.

"Like that makes me care enough to know where he goes", blatantly ignoring the fuming Himchan standing in front of him, Youngjae proceed to scroll on his SNS.

"You little-"

"Hey, guys. I'm sorry I'm late", came a panting reply from Daehyun with a disheveled appearance. The other members seem relieved for a moment for the presence of the main vocalist has prevented from a world war happen between Himchan and Youngjae.

"Where did you go though", asked Yongguk completely confuse at the other's tardiness.

"Umm, I've something to do earlier. Now, let's go shall we?", Daehyun nonchalantly dismissed the question to avoid further information from the other members. 

"Hyung, you still have to pay for our meals tonight. You're very late, you know", Zelo whining from the couch thus makes everyone's attention avert back to Daehyun.

"I guess i am. Whatever, I'll pay as long as we hunt the foods now. Cannot keep the food waiting anymore, right", with that Daehyun took a step forward leaving the lobby followed by the other members who cheering for they get a free meals tonight.

 

**

After finish the dinner, while waiting for Daehyun to pay for the meals, the other members wait in front of the seafood restaurant they find suit enough to go with for their dinner. The seafood restaurant is only 15 minutes walk away from their resort and considering the constant hungry rambling and whining from the food monster a.k.a Daehyun along with the maknae, they choose to settle down there and choose their meals from the given menu cards. The restaurant only had a few local customers before them, thus it's an understatement that all people inside turn their head and staring in bewilderment at the presence of six young men looking lost and hungry. Luckily, Yongguk took his charge as a leader by dragging s to the nearest table before the awkward situation continued anymore.

"So, hyung. Where we should go after this? It's still early to go back to resort", Zelo inquired while looking all excited with a full stomach.

"Hmm, i bet we could take a walk around here, but seriously there's nothing really to see here. This place actually a bit like a countryside, so it's not lively at night except when you go to their town", Himchan contemplate while scrunching up his face thinking hard about their current location.

"Then, why you choose here when there's barely anything to see", interrupt Daehyun who just finish settle their bills. "By the way, you all sure know how to leech off me don't you? I almost fainted in there when the cashier show the bills, fortunately, i bring my cards together with me, otherwise, we're gonna spend all the night here doing dishwashing"

"Great to know that, Daehyun. It's rarely enough you gonna pay our meals for us, so why not let you get the honor of doing so while us pleasing our stomach too. It's like killing two birds with a stone right?," Himchan snickered followed by Zelo and Jongup who clearly amused but at the same time, guilt enough seeing the frown on Daehyun's face.

"You fatass.." grumble Daehyun while crossing his hands across the chest at the remark from his sassy hyung. Yongguk could only shake his head watching all the exchange while Youngjae statically standing there, looking bored.

"And to answer your former question, i choose this place because we need some rest and tranquility from all the hectic we endured all this while. So, i find this place is good enough to serve us those quietude", says Himchan who beaming with proud.

"Aish, let's just go home, tomorrow we're gonna make tour around this area after all, so better we take a rest first okay."

Jongup nodding enthusiastically while pouting, "Yeah, Yongguk hyung is right. My body feel kinda sore because I didn't sleep yet since we arrive here".

"Alright, kids. Let's go back but tomorrow prepare your soul and energy because we going to tour around the whole day, by whole day, i mean from the moment you open your eyes until you can't keep them open anymore. Understand?",

Daehyun palm his face while mumbling "You are overdoing it sometimes, Himchan hyung."

And with that, they slowly headed their way to their resort. All the while though, Youngjae only keep silent to himself, and upon seeing this, Jongup slowly match his steps with Youngjae to talk about something, or anything. Because a silent Youngjae is truly abnormal and truthfully, the other members starts getting really worried about Youngjae. 

"Hey, hyung.. how're you doing?", with a blinding smile, Jongup start to engage his hyung into a conversation.

Glancing to his right, shock evidently appear on Youngjae's face since he didn't expect anyone to actually talk to him tonight. Brushing off his thought, Youngjae offer a light smile to Jongup.

"Why are you asking me that? You know I'm just doing fine, right"

"I know hyung, but...i miss you", Jongup said, fiddling with his fingers.

Youngjae couldn't help but raised his brows at this. 

"Why would you miss me. I'm right here aren't I"

Taking a deep breath, Jongup started. "But you are not being you, hyung. You keep silent at all times when we all know how hyper you really are. Whatever it is, i hope you can sort it out and come back being the real you. If i ever done anything wrong to you hyung, i apologise to you. Please don't be grumpy like this anymore"

Youngjae chuckled looking at the pouting Jongup and pat his back to reassure the younger. When Jongup rants about things that mean he's truly pressured by the issue, and that totally refer to Youngjae's behaviour for now.

"You did nothing wrong Jongup ah. Hyung just stressed out a bit. Eventually I'll be fine. Just give me some time, okay," 

Jongup nods eagerly, relieved seeing his hyung smiling and silently he's hoping Youngjae gonna be back being cheerful and hyper again.