Chapter 3: Forgotten Promise

Journey: Unhoped For

Once all of the BAP members entered the supposed resort they're going to lodge for a week holidays, they're surprised to find out that the interior of the resort completely opposite to how it was looking from the outside. The interior and design looks quite classical with some nature concept to serve some tranquility and eco friendly environment. Though currently there seems to be no other guest besides the BAP member themselves, all the suspiciousness and creepiness about the resort fly away along with the evening wind once they step up their foot in the lobby. The receptionist who is a cute girl can be seen from the counter taking up a call while glancing once in a while towards the clueless group of man standing at the entrance.

"See, you guys shouldn't doubt me for my ability and effectiveness to find us such a wonderful place like this. Look, everything we need to escape from those heck of busy life clearly can be found here. So you guys should always aware and beware not to disobey our established rule here", Himchan says proudly while brushing off his bang to show his glorious forehead for all others to bow upon.

"Yeah, I'm sorry for secretly doubting your ability and sanity hyung. You did well by suggesting this place hyung. Good job, one gold point for you hyung," Zelo replied enthusiastically and to be honest he is very proud to have such a reliable hyung like Himchan. Stamped as the social butterfly among all the BAP members, Himchan definitely can get as many information and connection as he will. So to find such a wonderful place like this only requires Himchan to snap his finger, and here where they got.

"What rules you're talking about, Himchan? I don't remember we ever making one?", clearly puzzled with Himchan, Yongguk be the first one to spoke out the question everybody but Himchan seems to be wondering of.

"It just a simple rule that i thought we need to have during our vacation here. One and the only rule~", smirking, Himchan take a step forward to the reception counter followed by the other members. Poor Jongup have to bring Himchan's baggage and the other 3 big bags together with him since well, Himchan is just too proud walking ahead without giving a slightest care for his things behind.

"And what exactly that rule is about, Diva Chan ssi?", Daehyun questioned clearly irritated with how Himchan seems to drag the answer away from them. Heck, Daehyun himself is terribly bad at handling up his curiosity and that explain why his patience wearing thin dealing with Himchan's act of playing around with god know what the meaning of his hinting words.

"Honestly, i can be a diva whenever i like, and with you acknowledging my glorious existence truly make me feel honorable, commoner Jung Daehyun" smiling wildly, Himchan turn around to give a slight evil smirk towards Daehyun before he turn to the waiting receptionist on counter.

"Dang it, Himchan hyung really nailed it! How come you guys are not tired throwing insults and snarky remarks to each other? It's really amusing to see both of you even though sometimes it can be so unbearable to deal with", while mumbling the last part, Junhong put down his bags on the floor and get back to his Jongup hyung to help him carry some of the bags which mostly Himchan's to the safety of their groupies.

**

"So i would like to have 3 rooms to stay for about a week here, and count the payment under the name of Mr.Kim, please",  Himchan said with a rather sweet smile plastered on his handsome face to the friendly-looking receptionist.

"Sure, sir. And you'll get a special discount too credited to your bill. Here you go, sir"

After Himchan makes the payment and get the keys to their rooms, he proceed on explaining the rooming plan between all the members. They're gonna room together with the usual pair which is consisting of the hyung-line, middle-line and maknae-line. Everyone seems to satisfy enough as they already getting used to it except for Youngjae who is frowning and fidgeting around while searching for Himchan's eyes in order to hint him with something urgent. After his attempt failed, he decided to grab on Himchan's wrist and tugging him elsewhere while mumbling something along the line of 'i need to talk to you hyung'.

Leaving the other four dumbfounded members at the back, once Youngjae deemed it safe enough from any peering ears, he stops abruptly and remove his grip on Himchan's wrist.

"Hyung, didn't we agreed already not to room me up with him? You promised me to do just that as long as I don't make up a scene during this holiday. I really thought you are a man with your words, hyung", Youngjae sarcastically shoot out his anger and crossing his arms over his chest. Himchan on the other side, keep up his calm demeanour on outside though he silently cursing himself for forgetting his promise towards Youngjae two weeks ago.

 

**

Two weeks ago..

 

After the little celebration and discussion about their holiday planning, all the other members were ushered off by Himchan to go back to their dorm first since he apparently need to settle up with something urgent first. Youngjae is the only one waiting on the couch with a clearly irritated expression. After a quick goodbye to Yongguk and reassure the other worried members about Youngjae's behaviour who seems did not agreed at all to their holiday planning, Himchan close the door before taking a seat beside Youngjae.

"So what's up with you, Youngjae?"

"What do you mean, hyung? I'm just doing fine as always", acting nonchalant, Youngjae continue to plucked back his earphone. However, Himchan is quicker to grasp the earphone and keep it under his thigh.

"Yah, everyone can see it that you being all grumpy and moody these day. What happened? Is there something you want to talk about with me?"

"And why do you think out of all people, that i'm going to open up to you? And if everyone can see it, then it's good. Especially if it is Daehyun. Since you know he's quite dumb noticing this kind of thing", rolling his eyes, Youngjae stand up from the couch while packing up his things to leave. Himchan also stand up, contemplating on what to say. After a while..

"Don't tell me..you still being mad at him because of what I think the reason is? Because of that measly interview? Oh please Youngjae, it's just a small matt-" Himchan didn't get to finish his word as he basically whimpering from the killer glare Youngjae give to him.

"To you, maybe it's nothing. But to me, it's all about my pride, hyung. Urgh, whatever. I don't think i have the will to join you guys for the holidays. I got better things to do anyway",

"Wait Jae. You can't do that. We already planned it all. You must join it otherwise the others going to be very dissapointed. It's rarely enough we get this chance so please come with us", with a pouting lips and exaggerated big eyes, Himchan trying his best to persuade Youngjae to come with them.

"That's so disgusting, hyung. Don't pull up that face in front of me. You caused an incredible itch on my hands to punch the crap out of you", with a scrunched up face Youngjae turned towards the door. But before he manage to grab the door handle, he could feel a sudden weight on his back. To his horror, Himchan is backhugging him to prevent from leaving the room.

"What are you doing, hyung? Let me go!", Youngjae's attempt to escape from Himchan's death backhugging only proven to be futile as the older man getting bolder by tightening his grip on Youngjae's shoulder. He looks exactly like a clingy koala but does he care? Apparently not.

"Oh no, Jae. I reject your rejection. I will do any measures required so that you will come with us. Even if separating you and Daehyun from getting a room together if that is what you wish"

Silence.

"Think of Yongguk, Jae. He went all hardworking and persistent to get this holiday for us, and think about the maknae also who got all excited about us having holidays together. Won't you feel guilty to break those happiness by doing this?" cue Himchan and his pschyo speech in order to make Youngjae change his mind. And well, it does actually works.

"Okay, i will go. As long as you keep your promise. Otherwise, you're in for some deep , hyung" Youngjae said while heaving a deep sigh.

"Good choice, young man. And don't worry, I'm a man with his word", satissfied, Himchan let go of Youngjae and watching with a contented smile as the younger hurriedly getting out of the door without sparing any glance to the back.