Can't Get You Outta My Mind

Tangled

I arrived home in a gloomy mood, sighing like there was no tomorrow. Whenever umma asked me what was wrong, I couldn't tell her the truth. How could I? She had been so excited about my counseling. I wasn't going to ruin it for her by telling her that I absolutely hated it and wanted to quit as soon as possible. I'd be a failure of a daughter then. Instead, I just went up to my room, telling her that I was planning to study.

I opened an English textbook up and placed it on my desk. For some reason, I couldn't concentrate at all. The words on the page flew into my mind for a second, then left the next.

My face heated up as I remembered Yonghwa's prank. Geez, what had I been expecting? How could I be so stupid? He wouldn't kiss someone that he'd just met. I felt so dumb for closing my eyes, even if he was kind of cute. Wait, what!? Aish, Seohyun, you babo!

I heard a knock at my door.

"It's umma. Can I come in?"

"Yeah," I called out, rising from my chair to open the door for umma. She walked in, with a tray of cookies and two cups of tea. I could already guess what our conversation was gonna be about.

She set the tray on a table and sat down in the chair beside it.

"I wanted to talk with you about the counseling session. Did something bad happen?" Umma asked, a worried expression on her face. "Was I wrong to sign you up for this."

Yes, umma. This is probably the worst choice you've ever made.

"Of course not, umma. I was just tired since I usually come home at four," I laughed. struggling to keep a smile on my face. To hide my displeasure, I lifted my cup to sip it and cover my mouth.

Umma grinned. "Well, how's that student your counseling with? It'd be wonderful if the two of you became friends."

Overcome by shock, I spat out the tea in my mouth, getting it all over the table and me. Umma rushed over to me with a napkin to check whether I was alright.

I laughed nervously. "Haha, I'm okay. Nothing serious that you should worry about."

Umma's stare pierced me with guilt all over. She was aware that something was going on. After all, she was still the mother that had me and raised me. How could I hide something from her?

"Seo, spit it," She hissed. "This is about the student that you're counseling with, isn't it?"

I pouted. "He's horrible, umma! He resorts to violence at the smallest things! How can I be counseled with that guy!?"

"Oh, honey, I'm sure the two of you can try to get along. I have a fantastic idea, actually!" Umma exclaimed cheerfully, a twinkle in the corner of her eye.

My stomach churned. It was probably a bad idea. The idea obviously involved that Yonghwa jerk and anything with him in it was officially terrible. Knowing umma, the idea was most likely inviting him over for dinner or something.

"Why don't you invite him over for dinner?"

Bingo.

"Well, I don't think he'd want to come here, umma. He's still uncomfortable with me and I'm sure that he has his own things to do at home," I said tentatively, a weak smile gracing my features.

"Nonsense. Invite him over tomorrow for dinner. It's a great chance for the two of you to become closer and for appa and I to get to know him," Umma answered firmly.

Oh, God. I had no way out of this.

"But still-"

"No buts," Umma concluded, getting up from her chair. "Be sure to ask him to come over tomorrow. I'll be expecting him."

As soon as she exited my room, I fell down to the floor in devastation...

Okay, maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration, but the part about me being devastated was completely true. I could just imagine Yonghwa smirking when I asked him to come over for dinner. Dear God, how was I going to deal with the humiliation?

I groaned, falling face down onto my bed. For now, all I needed was a nice, long nap.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yonghwa's POV

Oh, God. Oh, God. Oh, God. What the hell was I thinking? Was I really about to kiss that stupid woman? It was a relief that I caught myself in the end or I could've ended up making a fool out of myself.

But then again, she DID close her eyes. Was she expecting something from me? Heh, I doubt it. After all, she was critisizing me from head to toe from the second we met each other.

"Can I have another plate of bulgogi here?"

"Ah, yes!" I called out, rushing over to the kitchen to get more bulgogi. My part time job till 6:30 was working at a restaurant. My father had passed away when I was young, so I was left to take care of my ill mother and younger sister. Soojung, my younger sister, was too young to work and umma was too weak. Therefore, I was the one responsible for paying off the bills and paying for Soojung's education.

"Here's your bulgogi, sir," I said with a smile, placing the plate in front of him. I\He smiled innocently, reminding me of Seohyun in a way. Okay, ew. That was pretty offensive to her. Did I just say that she reminded me of a creepy ahjusshi that probably had children...?

I shook all thoughts from my head. Why the hell was I thinking of her? So what if she had milky skin that glowed in the sunlight? So what if her eyes were big and pure, like Keroro's? So what if-

Something was wrong with me.

As I kept wandering around the restaurant, I suddenly bumped into someone. It was the same ahjusshi that had oddly reminded me of Seohyun. Realizing my mistake, I gasped.

"Oh my goodness! I'm sorry!" I apologized, bowing my head multiple times.

He chuckled. "It's no problem. I was on my way to the bathroom and I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings. It's my fault."

I banged my head against the wall out of frustration and anger.

That damn woman...what was she doing to me!?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. I hope you liked it still, despite the length. I got the urge to write another chapter after rewatching the YongSeo WGM for the millionth time (yes, i have no life, lol).

I am planning to make Seohyun's rival (basically the girl that likes Yonghwa) come out soon. Who do you guys think it should be? :3 I was thinking Park Shin Hye or Hara.

(edit) Almost forgot! Thanks to the new subscribers! - YoonTaem47, pandasockSJ, crazy-star, WeeNeeT, smileaddict, luxubu, mjclbng, awjanajwa, Maiko_chan, meLOVEyou, & cnsd13.