My Mistake

Tangled

Yonghwa's POV

After finishing my shift at the restaurant, I headed to my next job spot, CN.Blue. It was a host club that mainly had wealthy women as customers. Though I hated the fact that all the women touched me without permission, the job paid well. Besides, my friends worked there as well. Jungshin, Jonghyun, and Minhyuk were the only ones I could rely on. They'd been with me since my dad died and had supported me.

"Hey, Yonghwa-hyung!" Jungshin, the maknae in our group, called out. He was already tending to a few girls when I came in. He looked uncomfortable with the ladies clinging tightly to his arms. It was still early, so there weren't many customers around.

"Hey. I'm gonna go change," I said, glancing around. "Do you know where Jonghyun and Minhyuk are?"

Minhyuk popped up from behind the bar. "I'm here, hyung! I was just preparing some drinks for Hyuna-sshi and Uee-sshi. I'm pretty sure Jonghyun-hyung is in one of the rooms, making out with Soojin-sshi."

"Soojin? Who's that?" I asked.

One of the girls (Hyuna, I think) spoke up. "She's one of our friends. Another friend named Hara is gonna be coming here soon too."

I nodded, walking over to the dressing room. However, I found an unexpected and disgusting sight awaiting me. It was Jonghyun and a pigtailed girl eating each other's faces out against a locker. (a/n: Nooo! Not my Jonghyun! D: lol jk)

"Dude, get out. That's gross," I hissed, slapping Jonghyun on the back of his head.

"Aish, hyung! You really had to ruin it for me? Fine, fine! We'll find a different room," Jonghyun groaned, taking the girl's hand and dragging her out of the dressing room.

I chuckled quietly, unlocking my locker and taking the suit out. I changed quickly and left the dressing room to attend to the ladies. The friend that they'd been waiting for had arrived. She was alright looking, with flowy brown hair and clear, round eyes.

The girl bolted up when I approached their table. "Oh my gosh! Are you also a host here?"

I blinked, taken aback by her excitement. "Yes. My name is Yonghwa, pleased to meet you, Hara-sshi."

"Omo! Girls, did you hear what he just said!?" Hara squealed, turning back to her friends. "He said Hara-sshi! Yonghwa-sshi, how on earth did you know what my name was?"

Was it really that damn surprising that I knew her name? She was acting like a freaking banshee with her constant screaming.

"I heard it from your friends. Would you like me to pour you a drink?" I asked politely.

She shook her head vigorously. "Nope! Can you come and sit by me? Gosh, you're so cuuuuute!~ Are you sure that you're not secretly a model or some sort of celebrity?"

"No, I'm just a normal guy, as you can see," I replied with a forced smile, taking a seat beside her. She suddenly reached over to plant a kiss on my cheek. I resisted the intense urge to wipe it off and yell at her.

"Hey, hey, I'm pretty cute and you're freaking hot, so wanna date?" She whispered, batting her eyelashes. I cleared my throat. The nerve of this girl! Was she shameless or what?

"No thank you, Hara-sshi. This is a host club and I don't want to have a relationship with someone I've just met," I answered, in the calmest voice that I could manage.

"Aw, you party pooper," She groaned, pouting. "Don't you think I'm hot? I think I'm pretty y. I fit perfectly with you!"

No you don't, . What makes you so damn high and mighty? If I wasn't getting money, I would've punched the living daylights out of you already...

"Heeeey, Yonghwa! Are you paying any attention?" Hara yelled. "I was talking to you about my ex-boyfriend!"

I sighed. "Yes, I'm listening to you."

This was gonna be a long night...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Next Day: Seohyun's POV

"During the war, he stole weapons from the enemy's base with his troops. Who knows how he did this?"

I stared dazedly at the board, not even bothering to take notes. It wasn't like me. Usually, I'd be the one volunteering to answer questions and taking notes enthusiastically, but not today. I was too occupied with trying to think of way to ask Yonghwa for dinner, without seeming weird. I prayed to God that he wouldn't act cocky and think I liked him or something ridiculous like that.

"Seohyun, could you answer this one?"

I snapped out of my trance, feeling my face burn. Everyone's eyes were fixated on me and all I could see was the foreign problem on the board that I didn't recognize.

"I-I'm sorry, I don't know the answer," I said softly.

He narrowed his eyes sharply. "Pay attention, Seohyun. What's wrong with you today? You're usually so quick to answer these kinds of questions."

I bit my lip. "I'm sorry."

At that moment, the bell rang and everyone quickly packed up their bags to leave. It was finally time to ask Yonghwa to dinner. Dear Lord, please help me to do this without looking like a complete idiot.

I walked slowly to Jae-ssam's office, not wanting to see that intolerable jerk again. When I did arrive, I lingered by his office for a few seconds. Then, I opened the door hesitantly and walked in. Jae-ssam wasn't there, but Yonghwa was...

Sipping a bottle of soju.

I stormed over to him and grabbed the bottle from his hands furiously. He locked eyes with me, both of us glaring darkly at one another.

"What the hell? Stop taking things from me, damn woman!" Yonghwa yelled.

I let out an angry huff. "First it was smoking, now it's alcohol? You're ruining your body!"

"Mind your own business!" He snapped. "Why should you care whether I ruin my body or not? It's my fricking life!"

I crossed my arms firmly. "Is it wrong that I care? There are people dying, that desperately want to live, yet here you are, ruining your life. That's pathetic. How could you do this kind of stuff in school?"

He got up and slammed his hands against the door behind me, pinning me between his arms.

"Don't try to lecture me," Yonghwa whispered menacingly. "You've lived a perfect life with good grades and a good family. How the hell would you know my feelings?"

I stared into his eyes, a weird feeling making its way into my heart. Pity, sadness, fear, and anger. That feeling was a mixture of all four.

I'm trying so hard to scream at him and hate him for those words he said, but I can't. He looks so lonely and pained. He's too pitiful. Perhaps, I should just apologize.

"So what if you're suffering? Does that automatically give you the right to smoke and drink in school? Even people that suffer need to follow rules. You don't get special treatment," I hissed out venemously.

What am I doing? I've never been this cruel before. Wasn't I going to apologize? Why did I say something terrible instead?

He chuckled darkly. "I didn't expect a goody-two shoes like you to understand."

Yonghwa pushed me over to the side and stormed out of the office furiously. I swallowed the lump in my throat, a sting in my chest.

"Well looks like dinner is canceled," I whispered bitterly, grasping the ends of my skirt tightly. As Yonghwa had left, Jaejoong-ssam came in the room, completely confused.

"What's wrong? Did you two fight? Why did Yonghwa run?" Jaejoong-ssam bombarded me with questions.

I choked out an answer. "H-He was drinking soju...and..I...I screamed at him. I lectured him. And then he left."

Jaejoong-ssam looked at me sympathetically. "Don't let it get you down, Seohyun. That kid just has a hot temper. It burns and then cools down quickly. It's nothing for you to be sad about."

"Ssam, is there a special reason why he does those kinds of things? From..from what he said, it can't just be for no reason," I said softly.

"Well, Yonghwa's dad died when he was young. Plus, his mom is ill, so he's the one that has to work to get money to pay for his younger sister's education and his mom's medicine," Jaejoong-ssam explained.

"That's..his reason for drinking and smoking?" I said in disbelief. "Surely he has relatives that he can seek help from."

Jaejoong-ssam shook his head. "Nope. None of his relatives are willing to help out. Yonghwa was forced to mature at a young age. I'm sure he needed a way to burn off stress, so he ended up drinking, fighting, and smoking."

Guilt tugged at my heart. "I...I didn't have any idea about his life and I just...I just yelled at him unconsciously. I'm sorry, ssam."

"Don't be getting all depressed!" Jaejoong-ssam chuckled, patting my shoulder comfortingly. "Just apologize to him. I know that might seem hard for you, but that's the only way he'll know how you feel, Seororo."

"Seororo?" I giggled.

He shrugged. "Hey, you remind me of Keroro! So I decided that Seororo should be your nickname."

I giggled louder, the sting in my chest gone. "Thank you for helping me, Jaejoong-ssam. I know that asking this is unforgivable, considering that you've given me such good advice, but may I excuse myself? Just for today, ssam."

He grinned, ruffling my hair affectionately. "Why not, kiddo? I'll be a nice ahjusshi today."

I smiled brightly and sprinted out of the room. Argh. It was possible that he'd already gone home and I had absolutely no idea where he lived. Maybe a nearby drug store to get cigarettes?

The last guess seemed to be the most logical choice, rather than wandering around and searching for his home. I stopped by at a drug store, where there were a few other thugs purchasing cigarettes and beer.

Completely by accident, I bumped into one of those thugs and ended up knocking him over. How did I knock over such a large man? I don't even know. He towered over me, like a giant.

"I'm so sorry," I apologized quickly, trying to get past him. He, however, blocked my path with crossed arms.

"You ! How dare you knock me over? Huh!? Do you even know who thTe hell I am?" The man growled, the rest of his henchmen nodding behind him. I was unamused by his vulgar language.

"I apologized, sir. It was an accident. I believe that there's no reason for you to be so upset, considering you didn't get injured," I shot back calmly, my eyes roaming the store for Yonghwa.

The man pushed my shoulder, making me slam against the glass doors. Well, that didn't hurt at all. Though I was angry, I didn't have time to talk to him. Right now, I was in the midst of searching for Yonghwa.

I simply got up, brushed myself off, and walked in the other direction. He, much to my annoyance, got a tight hold on my wrist and pulled my back to the entrance of the store.

What does this man not understand? I apologized already and he wasn't even hurt!

Just as the glass doors opened, I lost my patience and slapped him hard across the face.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I tried to make this chapter longer than the previous ones, but I'm not sure if my efforts worked. I'm sorry, everyone. ^-^" Btw, has everyone listened to SNSD's Time Machine? It is such a good song. :D Totally recommend that you go listen to it, if you haven't already.

Thanks to the new subs - WassupitsLO, cocopuffs, Damaoshipper, & StarryKelly. :)