We May Not Hate Each Other

Tangled

A/N: Hey, guys! I decided to just write the story in third person pov from now on. It's more comfortable for me. ^-^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seohyun gasped, catching a glimpse of Yonghwa's face as he walked in the drug store. He looked equally confused, seeing her slap a large, muscular, man. She was known as the shy, sweet girl, wasn't she?

She cleared . "Um, hello, Yonghwa-sshi."

"Why don't say,  yah, Jung Yonghwa! , like you did before when we fought?" Yonghwa snorted sarcastically, passing by her nonchalantly. Seohyun spun around, trailing after him.

"I'm sorry for the things I said before," She mumbled. "I just blurted them out without thinking."

The man, who had just been slapped by Seohyun, immediately ran after the two with his henchmen. He grabbed Seohyun by her shoulder and turned her so that she faced him.

Annoyance flashed in the man's eyes. "Aren't you going to apologize for slapping me, !?"

"I slapped you because you simply deserved it. I clearly apologized for bumping into you and you weren't injured either. Yet you did not accept my apology and rudely blocked my way," She replied calmly.

Yonghwa snickered to himself. She sounds like an old woman...

The man, however, was not amused. He raised his hand and was just about to slap Seohyun across the face, when she grabbed his wrist fiercely. Yonghwa stopped chuckling and gaped in genuine shock. Sure, the woman was hella annoying and liked nagging people, but she didn't seem like one to be violent.

"I can report you to the police right now. You tried to hit me, and considering your size, I'm sure it would've caused quite a lot of damage if I hadn't held you back. You probably would've ended up in jail," Seohyun snapped.

The man recoiled in fear and quickly ran out of the store with the rest of his minions. As soon as the group left, Seohyun fell to the floor with a sigh of relief.

Yonghwa eyed her in confusion. "You were acting so high and mighty a minute ago. What the hell happened? You're acting like a frightened mouse now."

"I was a frightened mouse the whole time! I was hoping that he was stupid so he'd actually think that everything I said was true!" She squeaked, patting at her chest to calm her racing heart.

Yonghwa burst out laughing. "Wow! And for a moment there, I actually though you were badass!"

Seohyun glanced up from her spot at the laughing Yonghwa. He doesn't look bad when he smiles. Maybe he's forgiven me?

"You were funny, but no, I don't forgive you," He said, as if reading her mind. In truth, Yonghwa was completely over their argument from before. Half of the things that she'd said were true, so he forgot about it after a smoke. In fact, her words were almost like a scolding from his mother. It was something true that he hated to admit aloud. He was a bit thankful to her for that.

But still, it wouldn't hurt to toy with her a little, right?

Seohyun pouted. I already apologized. What else can I do to make him feel better?

Her eyes lit up, remembering that her mother had invited him for dinner. That was it! Surely, after a nice dinner at her house, he'd forgive her and they'd be able to be (somewhat) good friends.

"Would you like to come over for dinner?" Noticing his sly expression, she quickly continued. "My mother wanted to meet you. She's fond of guests. Could you please come? She'll be disappointed if you don't."

He shrugged. "Well, I don't have any work till eight, so alright."

Seohyun's face split into a wide smile. "Okay! Then let's go to my house."

Yonghwa, for some unknown reason, started to smile along with her. It was a weird feeling. They'd been arguing like dogs, just a while ago. Now, he felt like he was around Jonghyun, Jungshin, and Minhyuk. She wasn't clingy and whiny like most girls, but wasn't exactly one of the guys either. Then what was she?

"Hurry up, Yo~ng!" She called out loudly, surprising him. Yo~ng? Was that supposed to be a nickname for him or something?

He hid the smile on his face. "Arasso, Hyu~n!"

Seohyun looked confused at his way of calling her, but he grabbed her hand and the two walked out of the drug store. Seohyun felt her heartbeat quicken, as Yonghwa's hand intertwined perfectly with hers. It was softer and smaller than her father's, yet she still felt oddly safe and comfortable.

"So which way is it to your house?"

Seohyun blinked, her face flushed. "O-Oh, my house? From this drug store...um..we just have to turn left and go straight. It's pretty close."

Yonghwa nodded, still holding her hand tightly. Not wanting to be further embarrassed, she quickly wriggled her hand out of his grasp. They weren't even dating, so there was no reason to be acting all lovey-dovey.

After Seohyun had pulled her hand away, the atmosphere was suddenly awkward. The two walked silently to Seohyun's house, unable to look at each other without being flustered.

They arrived at Seohyun's house fairly quickly. Seohyun was desperately hoping that her mother was in, so that the atmosphere would be somewhat better. Her mother was there, much to her relief.

Not.

Since when had her mother been such a...fangirl?

"Omo, omo! You must be Yonghwa!" Her mother exclaimed in delight. "I've wanted to see you badly! You're a mighty handsome man. Would it be alright to see and touch your muscles?"

Seohyun's eyes widened. "U-Umma! What are you talking about? That's rude!"

Yongwa, too, looked traumatized by the question that Seohyun's mother had just asked. A 50-something ahjumma asking him to flash his abs and let her touch them?

"Arasso! I was only joking, honey. No need to be so shocked," Her mother laughed. "Do come in. I've prepared tea and some cookies already."

"Umma, not cookies! That's unhealthy for your body! Especially since you make those double chocolate ones with ooze with sugar and fat," Seohyun groaned.

Seohyun's mother ignored her and guided Yonghwa into the kitchen. Seohyun glanced at the two fearfully, unsure of what her mother would do. Unlike Seohyun, her mother was obsessed with male idols these days. Especially Lee Kikwang, who had an uncanny resemblance to Yonghwa.

Seohyun's mother's hand inched its way around Yonghwa's waist and slid down to fondle his buttocks. He screamed and recoiled in unmanly horror, feeling violated and ready to his pants now.

Moreso than Yonghwa, Seohyun was more shocked.

"UMMA! WHY WOULD YOU TOUCH HIS !?" She yelled, feeling her cheeks heat up in humiliation. Gosh! How could her mother be so shameless, to even go ahead and his ?

Her mother laughed. "Omona, what a feminine boy. Are you that shy that I touched your ? I used to do that all of Seo's male cousins and they didn't have a problem with it."

Seohyun shook her head. No, umma. They had a BIG problem with it, but were too scared to dare and tell you that.

"I'm sorry for her ertedness," She muttered to Yonghwa as they stepped into the kitchen. He kept a stony expression on his face, not giving a reply.

They sat down at the table, the cups of tea and tray of cookies already set out for them. Afraid of Seohyun's mother's expectant face, Yonghwa reluctantly took a bite into one of the cookies. It was surprisingly good, even to an intense sweets hater like him.

"It's good," He said curtly, still upset over the groping incident. Seohyun nearly choked as she drank her tea. That was NOT a wise move. Seo Minjung, her mother, was a beast when she was angry. Minjung was not one to be messed around with.

"Oh, is it?" Seohyun winced at the suppressed anger in her mother's voice.

"Honey, I'm home!" Thank God for her father coming home early today. If not for him, the house might've been set on fire and Yonghwa might've been stabbed with a butcher knife.

"A-Appa, you're home early today, huh?" Seohyun called from the kitchen nervously. Minjung instantly turned around and transformed back into her aegyo-filled, cheerful self.

"Jagiya!~ Today, we have a guest! It's Seobaby's namjachingu!~" Her mother cooed.

Seohyun choked on her tea (again), while Yonghwa choked on his cookie. The two were thinking the same thing. Namjachingu? Since when? How?

"Why, I oughta find out if that fella is suitable for our Seobaby," Her father joked, as he walked into the kitchen. He locked eyes with Yonghwa and both of them exclaimed in unison.

"You're that restaurant boy!"/"You're that ahjusshi from the restaurant!"

Seohyun glanced from her father to Yonghwa.

"Do the two of you know each other?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: *sobs* I'm sorry for the short chapters, everyone. To make up for it, I tried to add in a lot of fluffy YongSeo moments this time. I hope you liked it and please take the time to comment. :D

So, is anyone else as excited as I am for Yoona's new drama, Love Rain? Goodness, the stills look GORGEOUS. I'm so freaking excited for Jang Geun Suk and Yoona to be acting together. Plus, I love melodramas. Here's a pic of it:

Also, thanks to the new subs - kristinewong, ashtereileen, Blueshoes, strawberi1928, aweensofea, tfourpower, yowhatseob, & bluefreak.