Chapter 28

Don't Say Goodbye

Chapter 28

“I am not joking!” I tried to convince her. “I need the money.”

“Do I sound joking to you?” She rolled her eyes at me. This middle age woman wouldn’t believe that I knew how to box.

Yes, she wouldn’t believe me. Did I look that weak?

“Look, this isn’t as safe as you think! This could be dangerous!” She glared at me, her expression stiff.

I had found a way to earn fast money. And it was here, Red Hell Arena. I wouldn’t try for the bet though because I might lose. I decided to try going into the ring. I had read that if I won the match, I could get at least a thousand bucks. I didn’t know if I was too crazy, but this was the only thing I had in mind right now.

“I’ve been training boxing for a while and I believe I can go up there.” I said, trying to convince her. I’d been standing in her office for ten minutes now, but I still couldn’t convince her.

She looked at me in disbelief. She probably thought why a girl like me would want to go up there. She probably thought that I was crazy.

“Are you sure?” She narrowed her eyes.

“Yes. You may have heard Rainbow academy before. That’s where I learn boxing. And I have a very good instructor. His name is Aaron Yan. He used to box here.” I didn’t know if she ever heard about Aaron before but I knew Aaron was pretty famous here. She might give me a chance if she knew that I was Aaron’s student.

She took a look at me from head to toe. “You look like a normal girl. You don’t even have muscles.” She giggled softly.

“SO?”

She raised her eyebrows and cleared . “Okay. Take it as your lucky day today. I’ll let you go up there.”

“Thank you so much.” I smiled happily. I didn’t know why I was so happy even though I knew the ring would be scary as hell. I remembered Calvin had said that people could die there.

“You know the rules, don’t you?” She asked.

I shook my head.

“How are you going to survive there? You don’t even know the rules!” She smirked.

“I’m sure I’ll survive.” I convinced her. Trust me, I would still survive even if I got lost in the jungle by myself.

“Okay, First of all, you’ll only be fighting against women. And just so you know this match isn’t like the real boxing where there are several rounds.” She said. “The real regular boxing match only held once a year here. What you’re doing later is different. You can do dirty tricks if you want.”

I nodded my head and I made sure I listened to every word she said.

“You must beat your opponent, but you must not beat her before eight minutes or you won’t get any money. The rule is that you can knock out your opponent after eight minutes.”

“I understand. But why is there such a rule?” I asked curiously.

“It won’t be fun for the audience if the game ends too fast, will it?”

True. If the game ended too fast, it would be boring.

--

The morning sun shone through my window. My head felt a bit dizzy. I slowly opened my eyes and I heaved a sigh of relief. I felt a bit relieved today.

I won yesterday’s match and got a thousand bucks from it. My opponent was not that good. She was about 6-7 years older than me, but I was slightly better.

Yesterday was really intense.

I still got some bruises even though I won. I got hit several times. There was a big round bruise in the left corner of my lips. And there are some bruises in my arms and wrists. I got it because I tried to protect my head from the punches.

I lazily got up from my bed and took a quick shower. Good thing that there was no school today, but I still had to go to the academy.

Before leaving, I stood in front of the mirror and took a look at my face. Dang it! I didn’t know what I should do to hide this blue mark.

Thanks to my mom and my buddy TOP for causing me to get this. Where were they now? They were gone and I didn’t have any clue of where they could be.

I sighed. I decided to leave after one last look.

I came to the academy without any burden feeling. Now I knew how to get fast money. I should go for a match again later in the afternoon.

“Morning, you’re early today!” Aaron greeted me from behind which gave me a shock. He went to my right side and we started walking towards the boxing room.

“Yeah, I kind of feel bored at home so I decided to come early.” I said in a low voice and I kept my face forward, not wanting him to notice my bruise.

We entered the boxing room. I went towards the bench and placed my bag on the bench. Aaron walked to the middle of the room and put on his gloves wraps. He did a few stretching and called me over.

I quickly grabbed my boxing gloves and put them on as I ran towards Aaron. I stood about one-two meters from him.

“Okay I’m going to teach you a hi--” He paused and after a twenty long incredibly seconds, he slowly walked towards me. His eyes were still.

I didn’t have the urge to step backwards. I stayed still as he walked and finally stopped before me. We were only a few inches far by now.

He raised his free hand to my face and slowly, carefully touched my cheek. “What happened to you?” He asked as he gently rubbed the corner of my lips with his thumb. He was gentle and I could hear my heart pounding so loud.

“I--” I tried to look away, avoiding his gaze. “I fell in the shower haha stupid, right?” I tried to laugh and acted innocently. He didn’t seem to buy it. He didn’t laugh a bit. Guess that wasn’t funny.

He looked at me in disbelief. He didn’t move. He carefully rubbed the corner of my lips again with his thumb. “Be careful next time, will you?” He sounded concern.

“Okay.”

He pulled his hand. “Then how do you explain the bruises in your arms?”

Shoot! How did he see those?

“I… well… I fall a lot when I walk. Let’s just say that I’m that stupid.”

Aaron chuckled and we started practicing.

The practice went well. Aaron was not as cold as he was before. I wondered what made him change.

After practice, I quickly headed to Red Hell Arena. It was time to make some money.

I went to the same office and told the same person that I wanted another match. Surprisingly, she flashed a smile at me and let me go up the ring. Wow, that was easy. She must have known that I wasn’t that bad.

I took my boxing gloves and put them on. I got into the ring and did some warm up.

“Your opponent is really strong today. Are you sure you want to do this?” The referee asked. Strong? How strong could she be? She might be just some woman who was in need for money. I bet she didn’t even have any martial art background.

“I’m sure I can do this.” I felt very confident and proud of myself.

“Okay. Match starts in one minute.” He announced as he walked away.

A minute later, I was ready and I saw my opponent just got up into the ring. She was a lot older than I was. Honestly, she looked tough. She had muscles. I didn’t really care though.

The referee finally blew the whistle. The match had just started.

I covered my head with my hands and I slowly stepped to the side. She did the same.

We looked into each other’s eyes. None of us decided to attack first.

The stadium was crowded. People were cheering and screaming. I supposed they were cheering for the person they put the bet on.

We kept stepping to the side until we were back to where we were standing before.

She finally ran towards me and threw a jab straight to my face. Luckily, I blocked the punch with my arms.

She kept punching. I tried to look for a counter attack, but I started panicking. I couldn’t think of a way to look for a counter attack. I panicked.

I kept my face covered. After a few punches, she successfully hit my face.

The cheering got louder.

I tried not to think about the pain, but it was hard. Her punch was really hard and it really hurt. Guess she was better than yesterday’s opponent.

She aimed and quickly threw a jab to my stomach; I blocked it with my arm.

She took a few steps backwards and I did too. We waited for each other to attack.

It was a big mistake that I took a quick look outside the ring. I saw that person. I wasn’t sure, so I took another look and turned out that I was right. Aaron was standing outside the ring, just a few inches from the ring.

I couldn’t read his expression, but he obviously didn’t look so happy. His face was still and cold.

Why was he here? I really hated it because he had to see me like this.

It was really a mistake that I kept staring at Aaron, trying to read his expression.

A sharp blow came to me and knocked me down, spitting blood out of my mouth. I didn’t even have a chance to block it.

I fell down and my face felt like burning from the punch.

The woman sat on my stomach and started punching me repeatedly. My head was spinning from the punches. My eyes started getting blurry and my mouth was spitting out more bloods.

“Aaron…” I whispered. With my blurry eyes, I saw him coming. My eyes were getting darker and I out.

~~~~

“Stop!” I yelled and pushed the lady who was sitting on Guigui’s stomach. “It’s over. Can’t you see that she’s not moving anymore?”

I could feel many pairs of eyes were watching me. I didn’t care though.

I was really unhappy. This wasn’t the scene I was expecting to see when I got here. I was trying to earn some money to help Guigui pay the debt. But what the hell did she think she was doing here?

Was she trying to make some money?

“Guigui!” I kneeled and took her in my arms, but she was unconscious.

She was really silly. I’d saved some money from boxing for the last few days, but I’d never expected her to find money herself.

I knew I had a bad feeling about her when I saw the bruises on her body, but I never thought that she would do something like this.

I brushed her hair to the back so I could see her face clearly. She had bruises in her face and body. She was still pretty and sweet though.

I hugged her in my arms and kissed her forehead lightly.

I really couldn’t bear to see her like this.

I want to see her happy. I don’t want to see her suffer.

If someone has to suffer, then it would be me, not her.

Guigui, why are you doing this to me?

Why did you come to my heart and wouldn’t leave?

= = = = = = = = = = = =

OMG! Did I just write in Aaron’s POV?
I honestly can’t hold it anymore HAHA. Was it good? :D
Thank you for commenting guys. I hope I’ll get more comments this time haha.
Okay. It’s late here. GOOD NIGHT! <3