Chapter 27

Don't Say Goodbye

Chapter 27

That evening, Aaron was all by himself in the boxing room. He stood before a heavy bag and stared blankly into space. He was confused. Confused with his heart. He wanted to help Guigui, but something was bothering him.

He knew that he had been cold to Guigui, but what could he do… He had a reason. After seeing how Guigui was in trouble, he couldn’t bear being cold to Guigui anymore. He wanted to protect her. He wanted to treasure her as if she was a part of him.

He thought really hard and his heart started pounding as the image of Guigui flashed in his head. He couldn’t take Guigui off his mind.

He screamed as he punched the heavy bag. He punched again and again and again and again. His punches were getting harder and his body was starting to sweat. His arm started to ache, but he didn’t care how much it hurt and he kept punching.

He didn’t know if he should do it, but he didn’t want Guigui to be in trouble.

He stopped punching and he took a deep breath. He thought again. He slowly closed his eyes as he took another deep breath. He smiled as he had already found the answer.

--

I woke up in the morning with a heavy feeling. I didn’t want to wake up yet. I wish I could sleep and didn’t wake up for a week. I knew I was in trouble. I had a week to pay off my debt, or my mom’s. Good thing that mom wasn’t here. She would only freak out if she knew what happened here.

I quickly went to the bathroom and got ready for school. I thought really hard as I stood in the shower. I thought of any options I could do to save myself from trouble, but my mind didn’t seem to have energy to think of any.

When I got school, I immediately went to class. I saw Xiao Xun was already in class.

“Hi, Xiao Xun!” I greeted her and took a seat next to her.

“Guigui!” She smiled. “How are you?”

“I’m well.” I lied. “Do we have homework?”

“Nope.” She answered. She suddenly grabbed her bag and looked like as if she was trying to find something inside the bag. “I forgot something.”

“Hmm?” I watched as she tried to find something in her bag.

“There, I found it.” She took out a letter. “This is for you.” She handed it over to me.

“For me?” I took it from her hand.

“This morning, there was a guy who gave me this letter. And he told me that I must pass this letter to you.” Xiao Xun explained calmly.

“A guy? Who?” I asked as I scanned the letter.

“I don’t know. I’ve never seen him before.” She said, shaking her head.

“Oh.” Was all I could say. “Thank you anyway.” Why didn’t he just send it to my house? So weird.

After school, I went straight to the academy. My head was still trying to figure out what I should do to get $5000 in a week.

I let out a sigh and entered the boxing room. I saw Aaron was punching heavy bag. His expression was serious.

I decided not to disturb him. I took a sit on a bench in the side of the room. I suddenly remembered a letter that I got this morning.

I took the letter out of my bag and slowly opened the envelope. I was curious as hell. I took a folding paper out of the envelope. I got my eyes ready to read as I opened the folding paper.

BE CAREFUL. It said.

Wait! What? Be careful? Nothing else? That was it?

I looked at the back of the paper but there was nothing. Who the hell sent me this letter? Why would he want me to be careful? Maybe this letter wasn’t for me. There was no name or anything.

“AH!” I heard Aaron scream, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I threw the paper on the floor and rushed to Aaron. “What happened? Are you okay?”

He didn’t answer. He sat on the floor and looked at me, holding his arm.

I kneeled a bit. “Let me see your arm!”

He gave his arm and I checked his arm. From the corner of my eyes, I could feel that he was staring at me.

“I think you just sprained your arm.” I stated.

“I know that.” He said breathlessly.

I gently rubbed his arm and smiled warmly at him. “I’ll get something for your arm. Don’t move!”

~

Aaron’s lips curved into a smile as he watched how caring Guigui was toward him. He watched as Guigui walked away.
He liked the way Guigui could still smile even though she was in trouble.

~

“Okay. It should be okay now.” I told him after I applied ice on his arm.

He stared at me, grinning wickedly. “Thank you.”

I looked at him confusedly as I didn’t know what to say.

“Let’s start the practice?” He offered eagerly then he flashed a warm smile at me.

Okay. Once again, he was acting really weird. He was nice, again. It was silly, after the way he’d been acting so cold to me, how that little smile sent flutters through my stomach.

I nodded my head nervously. I could feel his gaze on my face.

After practice, I took my bag, bid goodbye to Aaron, and left the room. As I walked, from afar I saw a girl walk my way. I stared because she looked familiar. She was pretty and calm. I kept staring until she walked past by me and she entered the boxing room.

I paused and breathed. A flash of Aaron hugging a girl in the shower area was playing in my head.

That’s right. She was that girl.

Keep walking, I told myself. But my curiosity won. I was curious of why she was here and who she was.

I walked back toward the boxing room, standing behind the wall. The door was half open so I decided to take a peek.

That girl ran towards Aaron who was practicing with a heavy bag. She turned Aaron around and told him something. I couldn’t hear anything she said.

I saw Aaron’s expression as she talked. His expression was unreadable. That girl smiled widely and pulled Aaron into a hug.

My heart sank. What made it worse was that Aaron hugged her back and his lips curled into a little smile.

The more I watched, the more my heart ached. I couldn’t watch anymore. I didn’t want to know anymore. Who cares if she was his girlfriend? I wouldn’t care whether Aaron was nice or cold to me.

I ran away, leaving the academy.

I ran and I was in the downtown now. I tried so hard no to think about what I saw earlier. I wanted to refresh my mind here. And maybe I could do something and earn fast $5000. I would never know.

I walked until I accidentally stepped on a sheet of paper. Curious, I took it. I read it lazily and when I saw the last part, my lips curved into a smile. I knew that I would find something here. I could be saved from trouble.

= = = = = = = = =

wohooo what did you think of this chapter?
Can you guess how Aaron feels toward Guigui?
Who sent the letter?
Who was that girl?
And what did Guigui read about just now?
HAHAHA good luck in guessing!
Thanks for the comments *hugs kisses*<333