Chapter 35

Don't Say Goodbye

Chapter 35

“You’re mean.” Xiao Xun and I said loudly as we shot glares at TOP.

“They’re too cute you know.” I said as I took a sip from my drink.

It was after school. We were sitting in a café not too far from school.

I had not been to school for more than a week. I was discharged from the hospital two days ago and I was finally able to go back to school today.

Xiao Xun, TOP, and I decided to grab a bite after school. So here we were.

TOP was talking about birds, why people ate chickens.

“But penguins are also birds, aren’t they?” TOP argued.

“Like she said, penguins are just too cute. We can’t eat them.” Xiao Xun added.

“I wonder how penguin would taste like.” TOP wetted his lips teasingly with his tongue.

“God, you’re a murderer.” I said jokingly which made TOP chuckle.

I loved how playful TOP was. He always brought up weird things and we just never got bored about all the weird things he always talked about.

“Shoot. I forgot I have a piano lesson.” Xiao Xun looked at her watch. She then quickly packed up her things. “I guess I’ll see you guys tomorrow at school.”

“Okay babe.” TOP said teasingly. “See you!”

“Babe your head!” Xiao Xun snapped as she lightly hit TOP’s head.

TOP and I let out a giggle.

“See you guys!” Xiao Xun said as she hurriedly left.

TOP looked at me and shrugged. I smiled at him.

“So…. It’s just us.” He said softly. “What do you want to do?”

“Hmm…” I tried to think of something to do. “Ah!” I smiled as I finally knew what I was supposed to do.

“What?” TOP asked curiously.

“You’ll know later.” I grinned as I stood up from my seat.

“What are you going to do to me?” He asked as he covered his chest with his hands. “You’re not going to me, are you?”

“You’re not even worth to be .” I told him jokingly. “Come on!”

I brought him to the mall.

It was Aaron’s birthday in two days. I had to buy him something special. I wanted it to be special, but I had no idea what to get.

TOP might have some suggestion since he was a guy.

“We’ve been walking around the mall for three hours. What exactly do you want to buy for him?” TOP asked as we strolled around.

“I don’t know. That’s why I’m asking you.”

“Hmm…” He let out a sigh. “If it was my birthday, I would want to get a kiss from my girlfriend?”

I hit TOP’s head. “Be serious!”

He laughed. I walked away, acting as if I was mad.

He walked following me. “Don’t be mad! Okay, I’ll be serious this time.”

“So, what do you think Aaron will want on his birthday?” I asked.

“To be honest, I think that you are already the best present for him.” TOP said.

I looked at him confusedly as I blinked my eyes.

“I mean, he really loves you so I don’t think he will want anything for his birthday.” TOP said smiling.

Wow, I never knew TOP could say such things. But was that true? I still thought that I needed to get something for Aaron.

“If you really want to give him something th--”

“Oh my God!” I cut him off when I saw these cute couple shirts.

I walked to the store with TOP following behind me.

I grabbed the couple shirts I was looking at. I read the words written on one of the shirts. ‘He’s my perfect drug’ it said.

I smiled silently to myself. It kind of suited Aaron and me. He was my drug and I just couldn’t get enough of him.

“These shirts just came today.” The storeowner said.

I gave her a smile. Would Aaron love it? I was afraid that he would think it was lame.

“You and your boyfriend really look good together. You guys should get these couple shirts.” The storeowner said as she flashed a smile at me and TOP.

“We’re actuall--”

“Thank you.” TOP cut me off as he smiled. “What do you think?” He then turned at me as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

I looked at him and let out a smile. Was he pretending to be my boyfriend?

I nodded at TOP.

~~

“Thank you for accompanying me today.” I thanked TOP as we walked home.

“No problem. I should thank you for letting me to pretend to be your boyfriend.” TOP laughed quietly.

I smiled in reply.

I was in a good mood today. I finally got a present for Aaron. No, actually for us.

TOP suddenly stopped walking.

“Gui, are you okay going home by yourself? Because I have something to do and I have to go now.” TOP asked as he looked at his watch.

“It’s okay. I can manage.” I smiled at him.

“I’m sorry. I’ll see you tomorrow.” TOP said as he turned around, starting to walk.

“TOP.” I called.

He turned around swiftly.

I walked to him slowly and pulled him into a warm hug. “Thanks. You’re really a good friend.”

I didn’t know why I felt like hugging him. I was happy that I had such a good friend like him.

I gently pulled from the hug. I looked up at him and he was smiling at me.

“Can you not do that? It’s so hard to accept that you’re Aaron’s girlfriend.” He let out a huge breath.

“Do what?” I asked him confusedly.

“Hug me all of the sudden.” He said sighing.

“Is it wrong?” I asked.

“No. It’s just--“ He sighed. “Forget it. You won’t understand anyway. See you Gui!”

He quickly ran as he waved at me.

I turned around and started walking home.

The night breeze was gentle. The wind was blowing gently. The air bit into my skin and it sent a cold wind down my spine.

I looked at my watch and it was already nine in the evening. Wow, I spent too much time buying Aaron’s gift.

I took out my cell phone out of my pocket. I realized that I had not checked my cell phone today.

“67 miss calls?” I gasped in shock as I walked.

I pressed the button to check who had been calling me all day today.

“67 miss calls from Aaron?” I yelled in the middle of the street as I looked at my phone’s screen. Good thing I was alone and no one heard me.

I sighed. Why was he looking for me?

I pressed another button and I found that he left me voicemails.

I played the voicemails as I walked.

Beep. “Guigui, where are you? You’re supposed to be at your boxing practice today. Call me back.” I listened to the voicemail.

Second voicemail. Beep. “I’m on my way to your house. See you, little ghost.”

It was cute, the way he called me little ghost.

Third voicemail. Beep. “You’re not home. Where are you? Why aren’t you picking up my calls?”

I chuckled to myself as I heard Aaron’s voicemail. He went to my house?

Fourth voicemail. Beep. “Where are you? You’re driving me crazy. Call me ASAP!”

He sounded desperate.

Fifth voicemail. Beep. “Pick up my call! I’m going crazy. Where are you? I can’t find you anywhere.”

He yelled in his voicemail. He sounded very worried. Why was he looking for me?

Sixth voicemail. Beep. “I’ve been looking for you everywhere and I still can’t find you. Please don’t make me worry. Where are you?”

My heart pounded as I listened to his voicemails. I could feel that he was worried.

But why? It wasn’t like I would get lost.

I pressed the button to listen to the seventh voicemail.

Beep. “Are you trying t-“

I instantly lost grip of my cell phone as I saw him stand a few yards before me. My cell phone dropped to the ground.

My heart started pounding.

“A-Aaron…” I looked at him, trying to read his expression. He wasn’t happy. Had he been waiting for me?

“Where the hell have you been?” He yelled at me.

I didn’t respond. I couldn’t say that I was buying him a gift, could I?

He then quickly ran to me. Without saying any word, he pulled me into his chest. It was so tight that I could hardly breathe.

I could hear his heart beating so fast. I could feel his warm breath on my hair.

“Where were you? Do you know how worried I was?” He finally let out.

“I-I’m s-sorry.”

He hugged me like there was no tomorrow. He hugged me as if we hadn’t seen each other for years.

“A-A-Aaron, I c-can’t breathe.”

He quickly pulled from the hug.

I looked up at him. His eyes were desperate.

He let out a huge breath. “Why weren’t you picking up my calls?”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t check my phone. I didn’t know you were calling.”

“Do you know how worried I was?” He scolded me, raising his voice. “I looked for you everywhere. I went to your school and house. I walked around the downtown. I walked around your school. But you were no where to be found.”

I bowed my head down, listening to his scolding.

“You should’ve at least called me. I was worried.”

I couldn’t say anything. I was at fault. I should’ve checked my phone. I didn’t know that Aaron would freak out like this. I only forgot to check my phone.

“You should know that you’re so weak. You can’t even protect yourself. What if someone did something bad to you? I’m not God and I can’t always protect you.” He scolded.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, and I’m sorry!” I finally said as I looked up at him. “I was out with TOP all day and I forgot to check my phone.”

“This guy…” He clenched his teeth. “How could he let you walk by yourself?”

“He had something to do so…” I stopped as I realized the way he was staring at me. “Why are you so worried?”

“I don’t know.” He let out a soft sigh. “I can’t help myself to worry about you when you’re not around.”

I chuckled. He was cute. The way he was worried about me, only made me love him more and more.

“Don’t worry. I know how to protect myself.” I told him proudly.

“No you don’t. If you do, then why do I always have to come and save you?”

“Err…”

He chuckled softly. “I love you.”

My heart beat fast and I blushed in the dark of the night.

Aaron held my hand tightly and we started walking.

My heart leaped.

His hand was warm and I loved the feeling.

Having Aaron by my side, what more could I want? He was everything.

So is this how love makes people blind?

I only see Aaron in my eyes and I could care less about other things when Aaron’s around.

= = = = = = = =

Long chapter. And I think this is the end of Guigui and TOP haha
So the next few chapters will have guilun <333333
you guys better wait for Aaron’s birthday cause I’ll have some *coughs* super sweet scene HAHA
By the way, if you guys are TOP’s fans, I suggest you to watch 71 into the fire. TOP was very cool in it aaaaaaaaa and I cried when I watched the movie T_T ok it was so random, ily guys <3