Chapter 13

Don't Say Goodbye

Chapter 13

My tired eyes slowly opened and I blinked a few times. I yawned silently and stretched out my hands. Whoa, I had a very good sleep. I felt more rested than I had in a long time.

I lay still in my bed for a few minutes. I rubbed my eyes, glancing around my room with these suddenly clear eyes. I tried to remember what happened last night.

Last night, Aaron was here. We were talking and I fell asleep. He was different last night. He was a lot nicer. I rubbed my head. Did he carry me to my room? I don’t remember going to my room last night. I pushed that thought from my mind. I went to the bathroom to wash my face, brush my teeth, and got dressed.

I went downstairs to have breakfast. Mom must be home by now. I hoped she cooked something for me this morning.

I went to the kitchen and found mom was cooking breakfast.

“Mom.” I called her.

She looked at me over her shoulder and flashed a warm smile at me, “Good morning, honey! How was your sleep?”

“It’s all right. What’s for breakfast?” I asked.

“Scrambled eggs, hash browns, and French toast, your favorite.” She said as she poured the beaten eggs into the hot frying pan.

“Perfect.” I said as I walked to the dining room and sat at the table.

Five, ten minutes passed. Mom was done cooking. She brought two plates to the table. She placed one plate on the table before me and one opposite me. I started eating as mom walked back to the kitchen.

“Wow, delicious. Thanks mom!” I shouted a bit for her to hear from the kitchen. Her food has always been the best.

“You’re welcome.” She replied as she came back with another plate and placed it on the table next to my plate.

I looked up at her, “Mom, why are there three plates? Who’s coming?”

“It’s for A--”

“Auntie, I’m sorry. Did you wait long? The line was terrible.” I heard a familiar voice from behind, cutting mom’s sentence.

I turned around and to my surprise it was Aaron. “Wha--”

Before I even started questioning Aaron, mom responded to him. “Aiyo, it’s okay. Take a sit. I just made a breakfast for you. Leave the oranges to me!” Mom smiled happily as she took a plastic bag full of oranges from Aaron. “You guys enjoy the breakfast! I’ll juice these oranges for you now.” Mom said as she left for the kitchen.

I continued eating my food as Aaron sat down next to me.
We were now finally alone with each other and silence soon surrounded us.

“How was your sleep?” He asked, breaking the silence.

“Good.” I replied. I still found it a bit weird that he was nice to me now. I guess I was just not used to it. “What are you doing here?” I asked and I took a bit of my hash brown.

He picked up his fork. “I stayed over last night, remember?”

Ough! Ough! I choked on my food. I gave myself firm slaps in my chest with my hand. Did he just say that he stayed over last night? Ough! Ough! I coughed.

“Are you okay?” He immediately gave firm slaps on my back and handed me a glass of water to drink.

“I’m all right.” I said as I took a sip of the water. I finally swallowed the food that just got stuck in my chest. I looked at him, “You stayed over? You mean, here? At my house?”

He nodded. He picked up his fork again and started eating his food.

“Where did you sleep?”

“On the couch.” He said proudly. Why did he sleep in my house? No one had asked him to.

I smiled to myself as I remembered how Aaron and I talked a lot last night. It was kind of fun.

“Okay, the juice is ready.” Mom came with two glasses of orange juice in her hands. She placed one each on the table before me and Aaron.

“Thank you, Auntie.” Aaron said politely.

“You’re welcome. I should be the one to thank you. You bought the oranges for me.” Mom flashed a smile at him and took a sit opposite me.

He smiled, “No problem, Auntie. You can ask me anything. By the way, the food is great.” He complimented mom. He is very polite. I’d never seen this side of him before.

I could see mom blush upon hearing what Aaron had just said. He really knew how to make mom happy.

“Guigui, I have told Aaron that you’re not going to the academy today.” Mom said as she started eating.

“Why?” I asked.

“We’re going shopping today.”

“Really?” I’d not gone shopping for a while now. I didn’t want to make my mom spend too much money on me. She worked too hard for it.

= = = = = = = = =

I know, I know. Short and boring chapter. But I’m really sleepy right now. It’s almost 1 am here and I usually sleep before 10 or 11. I’m sorry. I promise I’ll update soon! <3

By the way, check this out guys. A trailer for my story,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuZB2nzCX4g

I really love it. I hope everyone would watch it and give feedback tell me what you think hehe.
Yay! Special thanks to **princess** @ vanilla-sky-wb.blogspot.com, for the awesome trailer.