Project proposal (chapter 2- ENDING!)

Guilun's One Shots

 

Project proposal (chapter 2- ENDING!)

Then, the was a ray of light and the next thing Aaron knew was that he was back in time to when he was in high school, to when he was a baseball player. Then, he realizes that he was at the game they lose, the time when GuiGui cried. He scanned the audiences and saw GuiGui cheering with brightest smile ever. Then, his coach called for him.

“Get ready, pitch hitter.” The coach said.

“So it is pitch hitter.” Aaron said.

He got his helmet and bat and got onto the field. Everyone cheered loudly when he went onto the field except one person, GuiGui. She stood up slowly and hesitantly. Then, Aaron turned back to look at GuiGui remembering that he has a limited time. He turned back, got to his position and prepared to play the game.

“I think I have some memory of this game.” Aaron thought to himself as the first ball is thrown. “I remember now. The first ball is an outer straight ball. Next, is a ball that almost goes out of bound.” The second ball was thrown and it was what he thought. “In that case, that means the third pitch is an upwards inner angle curveball.” Aaron thought and held onto the bat tighter, preparing for the last throw.

The opponent throws the ball. Aaron stood there ready to hit. The ball got closer and Aaron swings his bat. He hit the ball. It was a homerun. He ran. He ran like he has never ran before, more than he was expected to. His team members were all calling him to stop but he ran on, he knew if did not, his team would definitely not win and GuiGui would definitely cry again. He was near. He jumped and touches the ground.

“OUT” the guy said.

He was out. He was very disappointed. He did not know this would happen. But no one blame him.

Then, he went to rest at the audience viewing area.

“Even though I have return to the past, I am still me.” Aaron thought to himself

Just then, GuiGui came.

“Aaron! The boy who was struck out in the last round. The game is over but you are haven’t recovered from the loss yet, right? In the junior high school game, you were also the last player to bat right?” GuiGui asked.

“You are annoying.” Aaron said.

“You must be very disappointed.” GuiGui said as she walked up the steps.

There was a long pause. Then, GuiGui continued with the conversation.

“Today you really ran till the end right. Why?” GuiGui asked.

“Because I made a promise to you.” Aaron said

“Stupid… even if you made a promise we got eliminated in the first right, so what is there to say?” GuiGui said.

“Oh well, I better go. Bye!” GuiGui said, picked up her bag and left.

Aaron sat there deep in thought.

It was time for the picture to be taken. He went to the field and everyone was already there. The baseball players including GuiGui who was the manager of the team cluttered together and got ready for the photo.

“1…2…3… cheese!”

The button was pressed and another ray of bright light immediately appeared.

“NOOOO!” Aaron shouted.

He was back to 2010. He was back to the wedding dinner. It was time to watch the slides of childhood photos of GuiGui and Aaron. Then the picture they took after the game he lost was shown. It changed. It changed but GuiGui was stilled married to another guy.

Then, the lights went out again and there was a bright ray of light and Lucas appeared.

“Couldn’t you have made more dramatic change? Changing her crying face into a smiling face would not help your life you know? Was that really your best performance?” Lucas asked.

“I did not really think that there would be any change. Please give another chance.” Aaron answered.

“Sorry my boy. I cannot. It is a decision you made and now, there is really no more turning back.” Lucas said and left.

Aaron never really got back GuiGui. Well, at least he was given a chance. So the next time you are given a chance, treasure it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know, I know...
this story is really short but I will post another story soon.
THX:)