Symphony of love (part 1)

Guilun's One Shots

 

Symphony of love (part 1)

“French horn, louder. Violas follow the counts.” Aaron screamed to the members of the S LaSalle Symphony orchestra.

He was a gifted student in LaSalle, school of the arts. In fact, everyone there was gifted in a way. Aaron was a first prize winner of the violin contest in Vienna, the country of music, at a young age of 5. He was then accepted to LaSalle and went into the piano division.

However, when he was 7, he went to Vienna again and went to watch a concert and immediately fell in love with the magic of being a conductor. He then went to meet with the famous conductor, Viera and soon became friends with him. However, at 9, he had to return to Taiwan and study. Therefore he left with a promise made to Viera to return and become his disciple.

But until the age of 22, he had not returned to Vienna. He was scared. This was what happened. When he was on his way back from Vienna, the plane meet up with an accident and this cause him to fear flying.

Therefore, he is stuck in Taiwan. He was stuck in the piano division. He was completely stuck. However, a few weeks ago, a famous conductor came to LaSalle. He was called Stresemann. He organized a few members from all divisions to form a new orchestra called S LaSalle Symphony Orchestra. And one of the members was GuiGui from the piano division.

You must be wondering what a pianist do in a symphony orchestra. Well, she don’t play anything, she just stand and support the members. After all, she can cheer the members of the orchestra with her bubbly and cheerful personality.

So after Aaron heard of the new orchestra, he immediately went to look for Stresemann.

“I would like to transfer to the conducting division and please accept me as your student.” Aaron said sternly as he gave Stresemann the transfer letter.

“Oh…I would not accept the letter.” Stresemann said as he took the letter and tore it up.

Aaron was shock. He never expected this kind of reaction. He was fully qualified to become a conductor. He practiced at home. He did all he could to train himself for conducting. He did not want to be rejected. He hates this feeling.

“WHY? Why can’t I…” he said but was interrupted.

“Hi, Stresemann.” GuiGui said as she forcefully pushed open the door.

“Oh… hi, my darling GuiGui.” The Stresemann said quite ly.

“Am I interrupting anything? Isn’t he the super talented guy from piano division? Hi, my name is GuiGui and I am also from the piano division.” Words started to shot out of GuiGui’s mouth as fast as a train. She was nervous. She was secretly admiring Aaron. She like him. She loves him.

“Please, Stresemann.” Aaron continues to say, totally ignoring the presence of GuiGui.

“Hmmm… fine, I will agree if u can make GuiGui kiss me.” The Stresemann said as he pouted and walk towards GuiGui.

“Huh…” Aaron totally shocked and disgusted.

The next thing you know, GuiGui gave the Stresemann a hard punch in the face.

“What are you doing?” Aaron shouted to GuiGui.

“I don’t know…” GuiGui said panicky. “Ah… he still has S orchestra rehearsal to attend…” GuiGui said totally nervous.

Therefore, Aaron grabbed GuiGui’s hand and ran toward the concert hall. Just then, GuiGui felt her heart beating so fast that it felt that it was going to drop out of her chest.

“Erm… orchestra, today we have a new conductor. He is just temporarily helping Stresemann.” GuiGui said and pulled out Aaron from behind the door.

Aaron stepped into the hall, adjusted his clothes and walked down the stairs.

“Okay, what song are we playing?” he said not really expecting an answer.

He went up to the conductor’s stand took the score book and read through it.

“Beethoven symphony no. 7… I studied it before so I think I can do it.” He said softly to himself.

“Alright, let’s begin.” He said this time to the members.

He started to wave the baton. Then, the magic begin. However, the music was not so nice to hear. Some went out of tune. Some were completely on the wrong bar. Well, it was not Aaron’s fault. It was because everyone in that orchestra was the worst in their division.

Even, GuiGui was shock to hear such horrible music. GuiGui then remembered that she had to pick up the Stresemann. She turn to her left and was immediately surprised to see Stresemann there.

“Stop, stop.” He finally said unable to stand it anymore.

“Violin, what are u doing? Oboe, you too! Clarinet, you were not in pitch. Horn, hit the right notes. Viola, you are off key. YOU, yes you!” he started firing comments to everyone.

Just then, the sound of clapping was heard.

“Okay until here is enough. Aaron is totally a failure.” The Stresemann said as he walked up the stage.

Then, he walked up the stage, took the baton and started waving it. Amazingly, the sound that was produced was so nice and wonderful.

How could Stresemann produce such nice music by just waving his baton? He was probably really respecting music and all things nice are returning to him. This was what Aaron thought and it was true.

After the rehearsal, Aaron together with GuiGui following him went to the Stresemann. Aaron was obviously there because he wanted to change division.

“I would like to change to the conducting division, Stresemann,” Aaron said.

“I will not allow you to change division but I will still take you as my student.” The Stresemann said sternly.

“Now… I shall go to the places with a lot of young pretty woman…the mesmerize club.” The Stresemann said suddenly sounding happy and ic.

The very next day, interesting yet not so good news was delivered to the members of S orchestra. They were going to perform in the annual LaSalle showcase. It was something to be happy about but they had to perform in 2 weeks which is definitely a challenge with the fact that the members are not very good and Aaron has to get use with the member’s playing style for him to conduct properly.

“Are you sure we can perform in two weeks with a orchestra like this?” Aaron asked worriedly.

“Don’t look down on them.” The Stresemann said to Aaron quietly as everyone rejoiced among themselves.

“Oh…Orchestra…your new conductor will be Aaron. I will be conducting the A orchestra (which was filled with elite members of each division). Byeeee.” The Stresemann said while passing the score book to Aaron.

“Everybody, get ready. We will start from the first movement.” Aaron said as he walked to the conductor’s stand.

After the practice, he decided to head home. Then suddenly, he heard someone playing the piano. He stopped. The song was very messy but the technique used was very good. Therefore, he went to the piano practice room to see who was playing the piano.

Surprisingly, GuiGui was the one playing the piano. The hands were jumping on the keyboard, not following the counts but all the other techniques were grasped to perfection.

“The way you are playing it is wrong.” Aaron said as he entered the room.

GuiGui stopped and look up. “Wrong? Why?” GuiGui said while pouting and wondering why it was wrong.

“This is how it is supposed to be played.” Aaron said.

He sat down and played a small part for her to listen.

“Now you try.”

GuiGui took a deep breath in and started to play the song. She was different. She played by ear so she did not had to read the score. However, she has a negative point. She played according to her mood. Therefore, if she was sad, the song she was playing would be slow and heavy but if she was happy, the song would be fast and light.

“STOP” Aaron shouted, causing GuiGui to stop immediately.

“What did I do?” GuiGui feeling scared.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I will stop here…
There is part 2 coming up.
Loves,
Whitney<3

P.S: comment, comment, comment!!!:)