symphony of love (Part 2)

Guilun's One Shots

 

symphony of love (Part 2)

“Never mind. I don want to waste my time here.” Aaron said.

Aaron stood up and opens the door.

“Wait. Let’s go home together.” GuiGui said cheerfully as she took her bag.

“Huh?” Aaron said puzzled.

“We leave just next door. Don’t you know” GuiGui said with her head slanted to the left.

“Oh… okay.”

Therefore, they walk home together, both not saying a word. However, u could say it was not all that pleasant. GuiGui was staring at Aaron all the time, making Aaron feel very uneasy. After what seemed like a million years to Aaron and never enough for GuiGui, they finally reached their apartment.

“Can u help me? I mean with my piano.” GuiGui said very sincerely.

“I don’t mind. Since your piano is not that bad.”

“Welcome!”

GuiGui pushed open the door and Aaron step into the room. Aaron was shocked at what he saw, a complete mess. There was rubbish all over the floor, the food in the pots have also turned bad. The only thing that was clean was her bed and her piano. Aaron could not believe that someone could live in such an environment.

“How do you leave here?” Aaron asked while pinching his nose.

“What do you mean?”

“It is so dirty and messy. I think I better clean it up for you before I tutor you.”

So Aaron started to pick up all the rubbish and throw them out of the apartment. After clearing up the living room’s mess, he went on to the kitchen, cleared all the food, cleaned the stove and cleared the sink. In no time, the whole apartment was cleared, even dinner was served.

“Wow. I did not know you could cook Italian pasta! And it is so nice!” GuiGui said while stuffing with the pasta.

“After you finish eating, we will start on your tutoring.”

When GuiGui finished dinner, she and Aaron went to the piano and immediately started practicing.
“NO! At this part you need to go slower and softer. Try it.”

“Oh…Oh okay.”

“HERE! You see this! It is ta-da-da-ta!”

“Okay.”

“Did you hear what I say?”

“Yes”

“STOP.”

GuiGui was confused. She was tired. She felt lousy. She did not know what to do.

“We will stop for today. I am going back.” Aaron said.

He was obviously tired and frustrated. He did not like the fact that she did not get what he was saying. She just could not get the tempo although the techniques used were correct.

“I am sorry. I promised I will try harder.”

Aaron went out and returned home. On the other hand, GuiGui was scared. She did not want anyone to be disappointed in her performance. Therefore, GuiGui continued to practice her piano until she was too tired to do so.

“Why is she trying so hard?” Aaron mumbled to himself as he closed the score he was studying.

He then went back to bed.

The very next day, Aaron went back to the S orchestra rehearsal and was surprised to see GuiGui there.

“What are you doing here?” Aaron asked.

“Don’t you know? I am the mascot for the S orchestra.” GuiGui said with a big smile.

“Maybe, you should spend more time practicing your piano instead of wasting your time here.” Aaron said and turned around to face the orchestra. “Let’s start practicing.”

He flipped open the book, took up the baton and started waving it. The nose was the same as the last time, horrible to the core.

“Stop, stop, stop.” Aaron shouted. “Cello, your fourth pitch measure is bad. Viola, only one bow is different. Oboe and clarinet, are you snake charmers? Stop plating around or I will strangle you to death. Make sure you practice the score before coming here.” Aaron said and left.

“Ai…Aaron, my family just sent food over. Want to cook steamboat for dinner since it is so cool in Taiwan now?” GuiGui said.

“No… I need to study the piece.” Aaron said not even bothered to look back.

“Please…please…please…please” GuiGui begged Aaron.

“Fine… but make it quick.” Aaron said coldly.

“Yes!” GuiGui said happily and followed Aaron at the back. Her mild going with wild with what she is going to do at Aaron’s house.

Not long later, they reached Aaron’s house. They took out all the food and started chopping and dicing the food up. Then, GuiGui went to the take the pot out. Aaron laid out the food and they ate. For a few minutes, nobody said a single word.

“Are you going to help me with my piano later?” GuiGui said with rice and ingredients stuff in .

“I am very tired today. I will do it tomorrow.” Aaron said.

“I have been practicing.” GuiGui said softly with low self-esteem.

After finishing dinner, Aaron “chase” GuiGui out of the house and GuiGui went back to her once again messy house. She looked at her piano for a few seconds, took out her score book and began to practice. You could say there was not much difference in the way she plays. However, she continued to play until she was too tired.

Finally, it was two days away from the annual LaSalle showcase. The S orchestra met up to practice as usual. This time, the members of the S orchestra did practice.

“Let’s begin” Aaron said, taking his baton.

He waved his baton. The music started, soft and graceful. It was actually good. They actually played well.

“They did well. The sound was no more garbage. Even the cellos and the horns, everyone is playing so well. They are actually playing according to my instructions and according to the score. What’s this? The sound is a little by little inexplicably shifting off.” Aaron thought to himself.

He looked around. Nobody was looking at him conducting. They were all looking at the score. Not a single person was looking at Aaron conducting. Then he stopped. His hands slowly dropped to the sides. He felt lousy. Then, he fainted. The next thing he knew, he was already home.

Then, he heard someone playing Beethoven symphony no.7. He got up and followed went out of the room and saw GuiGui playing the piano.

“You remember no.7 by heart?” Aaron said amazed and shocked

“Well, because I listening to S orchestra’s practice everyday.” GuiGui said while playing the piece. “This is a good musical piece, isn’t it?”

“Although, she stills plays it so messily, it is still so amazing. It is the same with the last time; it gushes up, frolics about then presses near. Like the GuiGui, the members of the S orchestra have pure, uncalculating personalities. Ah! I got it. They are all GuiGui. Now I understand why Stresemann choose them, why for them it is a musical piece without a title.” Aaron thought to himself.

The next day, during rehearsal, Aaron announced shocking news to the members of S orchestra.

“I will change the entire piece. Please forget whatever we did up to now. We will do it over again within the day. Sorry, because of me you have to change around. However, it will still become better.” Aaron said. “About the piece’s interpretation, we will have a theme or similar thing for the piece. Although it may look foolish but it is time to use all of your uplifting spirits, your personalities.”

Then he waved his baton. The music was strong. The music was awesome.

It was finally the day of performance. Many people came to watch the Stresemann. After all, he was a famous conductor. They assembled in the concert hall and waited for the performance to start.

“Waaah…so many guests.” GuiGui said to herself. Then, she turned around and said to Aaron, “Aren’t you ready yet?”

“Yeah. I am not wearing a tux but it will do” Aaron said while adjusting his bow tie.

Then, the rest of the orchestra members came. They were first to perform. They were all nervous. They were all scared. After all they only practice for one day. Most of all, it was the first time performing for most of them, including Aaron.

“Let’s do it while enjoying ourselves.” Aaron said with a light smile across his face.

Then, the members went onto the stage. GuiGui went to her seat. The members then did some tuning and Aaron came out. He took a bow, got up the conductor’s stand and look at every member. Then, he took his baton, stopped in mid-air and then everyone’s instrument was up. He waved his baton and the music started.

The soft and graceful sound of music filled the concert hall. Then, the music got louder and grander and then got softer slowly again. Then, there came the cheerful part. The members showed their cheerful side with theirs actions and music. Then, the song ended with a jumpy and light tune.

There was a moment of silence after the performance. Then, there was a standing ovation. They were awesome. Nobody would have guessed they were the worst of each division. Then the members left the stage and rest backstage.

However, Aaron left the members alone and went to the school garden to take a short nap. Just then, GuiGui was looking for him. She went all around the school and finally found Aaron resting in the school garden. Upon seeing him, she ran towards him and stopped in front of him.

“Are you asleep?” GuiGui asked softly. She waited for a reaction but there was none.

Then, she stared closely at Aaron. Soon, she planted a quick kiss and his cheeks and ran away like a crazy woman. However, what she did not know is that Aaron knew exactly what was happening. “Well, since she wants it so badly, I think I will let her a small present.” Aaron thought, grinning to himself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well,
how was it?
good?
Hope you lik it.
Don't worry, the next chapter will focus on GuiGui
so must stay tuned okay?:)
<3,
whitney