Project proposal (Chapter 1)

Guilun's One Shots

Chapter 7

Project proposal (Chapter 1)

GuiGui was sitting in front of the hotel room mirror. She looked at herself and smiled. She was in the world’s most beautiful wedding dress. It was her big day.

“Walk slower, dad. You are walking too fast.” GuiGui’s mother said.

“No, I am not.” GuiGui’s father said, annoyed.

“Ah look, don’t drag your heels.”

“Oh, give me a break.” GuiGui’s father said.

GuiGui giggled. It was funny how her parents are so into the whole wedding thing.

On the other hand,

Aaron alarm clock rang. He was late. He rolled out of bed, got dressed in his suit and ran out of the house. He flagged a cab and hop into it. After not long, the cab stopped.

“Uncle, can you hurry up?”

“There is a traffic jam because of the annual marathon. “

Then, he left some money and got out of the cab. He ran along side the road, the road the runners were running on. Then, is phone rang.

“Where are you?” Calvin said on the other hand of the phone.

“I am rushing over right now…” then he looked at the marathon runner in 1st place running alongside him, “at world record timing.”

He managed to get there in time. Just on time.

The wedding music played grandly in the chapel. The chapel doors opened and GuiGui walked in holding onto her father’s arm. They walked slowly down the isle, with everyone watching and among the guest, was Lucas, the angel of love. Aaron watched as he walked down the isle. He looked at her smile, her gorgeous dress. Then, she stretched out her hand for the groom to receive. Aaron slowly stretched his hand then…

“Do your job Aaron.” Calvin said as he passed the video camera to him.

GuiGui received the hand of her future husband, Wangzi. There was happiness in her eyes. It seemed she has found her true love but on the other hand, Aaron just found out something important.

The person he love most is marrying someone else today.

His heart felt like a million needles just pierced through. He felt a dense stone in his heart, a horrible feeling.

He watched as they said “I do” and kissed. There was nothing he could do. It was all too late.

Then, after the wedding, the guests head off to the venue for the wedding lunch. The newly weds, Wangzi and GuiGui sat on the stage laughing and enjoying the every moment. Aaron just stood there, looking at them, looking at their smiles. Then, the couples walked off the stage and GuiGui went to Aaron.

“How is it?” GuiGui said pointing to her dress.

“The dress is beautiful, but the main thing is who’s wearing it.”

“Awww…. Ah yes, I will entrust you with the speech.”

“Let me make this clear first, I will charge.” He said.

“You are stingy.” GuiGui said pouting.

“Yay” Aaron said doing the thumbs up sigh. Then, GuiGui did the same.

Then, she left.

It was time for the speech. Then, he walked up the stage.

“Congratulations, Wangzi and GuiGui on your marriage.” He said turning to them and then turned to face the guests again. “Eh… I have been classmates with GuiGui since primary school. When we were students, we spent almost all our time together. Yesterday, when I opened photo album of our school primary school graduation ceremony, there in the “future dreams” column, GuiGui has written “I want to be a cute bride”. Well, weather she is cute right now, is still a big question. Anyway, as a friend, I am very happy for her. During mealtimes, she laughed so much, she spurted out her milk from her nose. During the study trip, she caused a huge disturbance because she got on the wrong bus. During the choir competition when she was conducting, she went too far and fell off the stage. She’s always worried about things around her and putting herself in second place. Even during difficult times, she never stop smiling. Anyway, she cares about her friends more than anyone else. The times I spent with her were really happy. Congratulations, I wish you happiness.”

Suddenly, he felt like crying. The vision of GuiGui in a wedding dress was too beautiful. Then, he got off the stage. Lucas, the angel of love, stood at the door, observing Aaron. They started to play slides of photos of when Aaron and GuiGui was in elementary and high school. He looked at the happy moments they had together and thought to himself why he wasn’t the one sitting next to her right now. He got some beer at the bar counter and went back to look at the slides. Then, a photo of when Aaron was in the high school baseball team reminded Aaron of the time he first saw GuiGui’s tears. If only he let GuiGui saw the better side of him, would things be different now?

“I really want to go back in time to do it again.” He said and took a big gulp of beer.

“Once again, once again, once again.” Aaron said continuously to himself.

Then, the light suddenly went out. A bright ray of light shone on him. He squinted his eyes due to the glaring light. Then, he tried to look around him and realized everyone was not moving.

“Oscar Wilde once said,” Lucas suddenly said, giving Aaron a shock, “mean always want to be women’s first love, women like to men’s last romance. But you, even though you are a guy, from the bottom of her heart, you want to be her last lover. Even now, you haven’t given up. Am I right?” He said.

“Erm...”

“I know what you want to say. If you can, you want to go back in time and relive again. Win her for yourself.”

“Ya, something like that.” Aaron said nodding.

“Then, let it be so. I will let you return to the past with the deadline set when you took this photo, and you can relive your life without any regrets.”

“Relive it?” Aaron said very interested.

“Ah, I’ll give you a piece of advice. The time is limited. Weather you use it usefully or wastefully is up to you. That remains the same weather it is in the past or now.”

“Erm… Are you the person who works here?” Aaron said doubting the guy.

“Well, you can say that I am an authorized person since I live here.”

“So do you work here?” Aaron asked once again.

“No. I am neither a employee or a human.”

“What do you mean by not human? You are strange.” Aaron said and took a sip of his beer.

“Angel!” Lucas said.

Immediately, Aaron cupped his mouth. He was shocked.

“Angel?! ANGEL?!” Aaron asked.

“Yup. You can’t tell the difference when I blend in with humans right? Even though I am an angel, I think I am a masterpiece.” Lucas said proudly.

“I have no idea what you talking about.” Aaron said even more confused.

“It’s normal for you to not understand right now. Humans mostly realize the truth only after everything finishes. Just like you and her.”

“Your example is very easy to understand but…”

“You do not have to think about other stuffs. Do you or do you not want to go back to that time? You only have to choose one.

“Well yes, I want to go to that time but…”

“Got it.” Lucas said. “Now, ask for it and it will be given.” Then he murmured the secret code for the miracle to start.

“Hallelujah, chance.” Aaron said feeling stupid.

“Louder.”

“Hallelujah, chance.” Aaron said it louder.

“Say it more quickly. Strike a pose. Quick!” Lucas said.

“Hallelujah, chance” Aaron said and striked a pose.

Then….
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha...
the next story begins...
pls comment:)