Kiss Me on the Lips

I'm Home

“So, what’s it like seeing Yoongi with makeup on almost every day?” your friend Anna asked, “Are you worried that he’s prettier than you?” She was giggling, her eye smile flashing. The two of you were eating a casual dinner together at one of your favorite restaurants. You quirked your lips to the side and tapped your chin with your clean fork.

“Honestly..? I kind of like it,” you blurted out quickly, hoping you weren’t blushing at the mere thought of your boyfriend. “His hair is black now too and it’s just so shiny and feels so smooth. The contacts are also the death of me so…” You laughed. You couldn’t shake the image of Yoongi in a suit from your mind. Anna was a long time friend and you were willing to confide in her about your relationship with the idol rapper. She grinned knowingly, her perfect, white teeth revealed themselves. Her smile was one of her best features, but it wasn’t just because of her teeth. Her eyes were the main focus, for they always managed to convey everything she was feeling and in this case, they were twinkling. She knew you were head over heels for Yoongi.

“I like their comeback!” Anna said, “Their outfits are super fancy and sleek, yet they look so manly. Is there any way you could introduce me to Jungkook? That’s his name, right? The one with the wide shoulders and the brown hair.” She was loudly laughing now, trying to cover her wide open mouth with her hand as the waiter came by to place down your plates. You smirked at her.

“Do you like younger men? Since when?”

“Only Jungkook.” She looked straight into your eyes, dead serious. Then, sighing a bit, she picked up her fork and shot you another smile. She rested her cheek on her fist to look at you. Her dark hair cascaded down over her shoulder, grazing the tablecloth. You were mildly surprised that Anna was willing to invest her time in a new kpop boy group, never mind getting to know their names. In a way, this was her way of letting you know she was trying to understand you and Yoongi a bit more.

“I’ll see what I can do,” you teased.

“I am forever thankful. Dinner is on me.” Anna winked at you. After all, she recently got a promotion which was why she invited you out to dinner in the first place. You loved her for her sense of humor; she always managed to leave you in a better mood than you already were in.

Anna did keep her end of the deal, paying for dinner and even the ice cream afterward. The two of you bid your goodbyes, hugged, and promised each other that when you had time, you would most definitely hang out again. You thanked her for the delicious dinner for what was probably the fifth time that night. She thumped you on the shoulder with a playful fist and sent you on your merry way. As you climbed into your own car, your phone lit up with a text. Be home tonight. - S

Your usual expressionless face split into a grin. You remembered how you always teased Yoongi for leaving a signature behind. “Why would you sign your texts with ‘S’ if I know exactly who the text is coming from? And what does the ‘S’ stand for? Swag?” you asked him.

“It leaves a personal touch!” he defended, “I am not always a stone cold man. The ‘S’ stands for Suga...” Then he’d do the most adorable pout that just made you want to squish his cheeks and kiss him.

When you got home, Yoongi was viewing some of your picture frames on a shelf near the front door. You had given him his own key a few months ago and he was putting it to good use. He was still dressed in his stage outfit: a patterned blazer, a dress shirt, and your favorite, a  velvet choker. His hands were casually shoved into the pockets of his silk trousers. “Welcome home,” he greeted, shooting you a slight smile. He bent over further and pointed at a minimal, black frame. “Is this you at a school talent show? So pretty, even from a young age.” His voice was gentle and soft, just like the look in his eyes. He seemed to be taking more time to familiarize himself with your home.

“Did you come here straight from your performance?” you asked, surprised by the sight of your boyfriend in his celebrity state. “And yes, I was tricked into singing in front of the whole school by my best friend at the time. My mom took that picture.” You cringed from the embarrassment. He grasped you by the shoulders to lead you up the stairs to your bedroom, chuckling.

“The guys went to celebrate with chicken, but I’d think I’d rather sleep,” he answered, “so instead of going home to sleep alone or even sleep in the van, I thought, why not have the company of my lovely girlfriend?” He methodically placed a kiss on your earlobe and one in the crevice of where your neck met your shoulder. He massaged your muscles as the two of you marched into your room. He sat down on your bed, pulling you, still standing, between his legs. He kissed each hand, looking up at you. He never ceased his smiling.

“What are you expecting from me, Min Yoongi?” you asked quietly. You rarely ever got time alone and Yoongi was being exceptionally affectionate tonight.

“You don’t have to do anything graphic,” he guffawed. You could tell he was tired though. His eyeliner was beginning to smudge underneath his eyes and his foundation was creasing in his smile lines. Silently, you slid his blazer off of his shoulders and he sat patiently as you undressed him. His dark eyes followed your every movement. You reached behind his neck to unclasp the choker and he jokingly took in a deep breath. “Much better,” he gasped hoarsely. It was a tell tale sign of his fatigue: his y, raspy voice. He began to scoot his body backward and shoved a pillow underneath his head. You crawled over and ed his shirt slowly. His skin began to raise goosebumps against your cold sheets. He commented, “This is kind of sensual,” snickering into a fist. You slapped an open hand onto his stomach and he immediately curled into a fetal position.

“Why would you do that?” he whined. He rolled over to touch you, but you stood up.

“Since you don’t seem too tired, I think you can handle the rest.” You gestured to his pants. Before you left the room, you slapped his perky , and giggled all the way to the restroom so that you could wash up.

In the end, both of you were cuddled up in bed, both dressed in fresh pairs of pajamas. Yoongi left some clothes in your closet just for times like this. He was laying in an almost comatose state, mumbling unintelligible things into your ear. Your face was pressed against his chest, arms around his waist. “Jagi…” he grumbled. You slid yourself up so that you were face to face.

“Yes?” You pecked him on the cheek. He smiled with his eyes closed, seeming to be completely at peace with his life. 

“Do that again. Please.” You kissed his other cheek. His bright forehead. His adorable, round nose. You paused. “You know what I’m waiting for. I’m not going to sleep without it,” he drawled out. You gently pressed your lips against his and kept them there. His pink lips were so soft and they turned your insides into mush as they whispered, “I love you” against yours. You closed your eyes.