Jimin--Good Girl

Music Box

“Aaannd here you go, my sweet angel!”

 

You squealed with delight as Daddy brought over the hugest mug of steaming hot cocoa. The scent of warm, rich chocolate filled your senses, contrasting with the cool morning air. Placing it on the kitchen table, Jimin’s lips curled upwards in a smile of their own, seeing you. Feet kicking and hands shaking in excitement, just the way that he loved.

 

“But wait, there’s more!” Jimin animatedly gestured. With a spin, twirl, and flourish, he snatched something up from the counter behind him and brought it forwards for you to see.

 

Whipped cream.

 

Your jaw dropped. Whipped cream? You felt the need to rub your eyes and blink them once or twice to make sure that you weren’t dreaming. You glanced over at the clock hanging on the kitchen wall. It was only seven in the morning—was Daddy really letting you have sweets so early? He almost never did.

 

What was happening?

 

The thought was immediately pushed aside as you watched Daddy artfully swirl the whipped cream up and up and up and up even more still. It wasn’t just the usual whip that you got at Starbucks, no—this was a mountain of whipped cream just for you, from Daddy.

 

Jimin sat down in front of you and plucked a shaker of something from a rack on the side of the table. It wasn’t one that you had ever seen before, and judging from how full the container was, it was probably new.

 

“Some final touches,” Daddy whispered. There was just something so absolutely magical about the way he could just transport you to a whole other world. Most days you were just a regular girl, going about her day. Working for school, studying for a job. But whenever you spent time with Jimin—whenever you spent time with Daddy—you found yourself in the midst of a perfect fairytale land that only Daddy could whip up.

 

He was like a prince, and it was up to him to save you from the dangers of the world.   

 

You watched, practically bouncing in your seat, as Daddy sprinkled on your favorite—

 

“Chocolate and peppermint sprinkles.” Jimin chuckled. He slid the cap on the container back on, and promptly forgot about it nearly a second after. He wanted to give you all the attention that he could, after all.

 

He slid the mug towards you. “For my own snowflake.”

 

You stared at the cup of hot chocolate. It was decadent in every which way, from the chocolate and the milk to the whipped cream with your favorite shavings. Daddy had even gone so far to put it in your favorite mug, a glossy white ceramic cup with the word “angel” indented in the side. It was more than obvious who had gifted you the present.

 

What was the occasion? Daddy never let you have sweets in the morning, no matter how much you begged nor pouted nor cried. Some days you just wanted to wake up and have a little tidbit of something sweet here and there, but Daddy was always adamant.

 

“No,” he would say, wagging a finger at you, telling you to behave. “Not in the mornings, baby.”

 

So why was Daddy spoiling you so?

 

Before you could even process what you were doing, you had all but hopped out of your seat and planted yourself in Daddy’s lap.

 

Jimin chuckled as you curled up against him. His arms came around you and clasped together right at the small of your back. “What is it, baby? Hm?”

 

You hadn’t even tasted his hot chocolate! Jimin had thought you to put chocolate in front of anything, including himself.

 

He had to pat your bum to stop you from falling asleep on top of him.

 

“Angel, is something wrong?”

 

You snuggled into Daddy’s chest and shook your head quickly.

 

“No? Do you not like the hot chocolate?”

 

Another shake.

 

“No, it’s not about the chocolate? Then what is it?”

 

You smiled to yourself. Daddy could interpret the simplest of your movements so well, it was nearly ridiculous.

 

“Why?” you peeped. And then proceeded to bury yourself into the crook of Daddy’s neck and shoulder once again.

 

“Why?” Jimin just patted you comfortingly, knowing that his touch soothed you to an incredible extent. His eyes wandered to the window, to the weather outside.

 

Though the kitchen was warm and brightly lit with lights, outside, the world was bathed in white. Snow piled up outside all over the streets and roads, and even now it was still going, not letting up a single bit. Cold. It was cold outside, and you were wearing nothing but one of Jimin’s huge sweaters and a pair of his boxers underneath.

 

At least it wasn’t nothing.

 

“I just wanted to treat my sweet angel’s little sweet tooth.”

 

You looked up at Daddy, blinking at him with those huge puppy dog eyes.

 

The same word, once again.

 

“Why?”

 

Jimin’s hand came up to caress your cheek. With one hand on your and the other on your head, he smoothed your hair back in a rhythmic, soothing motion.

 

“Because,” he said, smiling, “you’ve been such a good girl recently. Even more so than usual. Daddy just wanted to reward his adorable snowflake, that’s all.”

 

And so Jimin reached over, bringing the huge mug of hot chocolate back. He pecked you on the forehead, and then gestured to the cup.

 

Chocolate and milk.

 

Whipped cream and peppermint shavings.

 

A smile and another quick kiss.

 

“You’ll let Daddy do that, won’t you?”