Babe Cave?

Indecisive

a/n If you're new and you stumble upon this, sorry for the formatting. I changed this chapter, but the rest is all messed up and I am too lazy to change it all. Plus I never rlly edited this anyway oops. Enjoy~

 

It was nearing the end of summer and all Luda wanted to do was eat popcorn, cuddle with her cat or her boyfriend E’dawn. Except she was nearing her third year at university and her mom had told her to find her own place before the year started. E’dawn being the guy he was scoped out about a dozen different apartments for her knowing she needed a variety of choices.

The only problem was Luda herself. She couldn't make a decision to save her life. It’'s the main reason, among other things, why E’dawn and her had only been officially dating for three months, but had been together as a couple for two years. With her mom adamant on her moving out Luda chose one at random, with her eyes closed. And thus begins our story.

Luda stretched her arms, then her legs. She cracked her knuckles trying to loosen up her body enough to adapt to the inevitable change she was about to be swallowed into. She chose a house, a 3 bedroom 1 bathroom house with surprisingly low rent due to the fact that the previous owner had stabbed his wife in the kitchen.The woman lived, but the story deterred a lot of college kids who hadn't read up on the aftermath. No one wanted to live in a potentially haunted house. Except for her two other housemates. It was E’dawn’s idea to see if the house was suitable enough for her to live in. His over-protective boyfriend trait never failed to kick in. On occasion it made her feel safe, but sometimes he went too far. Her best friend Dawon warned her that E’dawn was in her words ‘messed’ but Luda never saw anything wrong with him.

Three days before move in E’dawn took Luda to check out the house she’d come to know as her home. Upon arrival the house was what E’dawn had expected. Simple, one big box of a house to fit into the more modern neighborhood although it was far from modern. The house was made out of tan bricks more than 80% were crumbling at their exposed edges. The door seemed heavy, solid wood more than likely if he guessed the age of the home correctly. The front porch was all cracked concrete with two concrete steps leading up. The yard was covered in dead leaves, E’dawn hated the idea that Luda might ask him to help her rake it all up. There was probably three feet worth of unraked rotting leaves. The yard was fenced in with waist height chain link. The place was a real downer, he hoped it looked brighter on the inside.

Under a tree toward the right side of the house a girl sat back pressed against the trunk. Luda’s eyes lit up, the girl was stunning. Her skin glowed in the sun, she was only reading there but she had Luda mesmerized. Luda laughed to herself, the glass in front of fogged up and she drew a circle to frame the girl by the tree. The girl eventually turned her head to see why an old beater car was stopped right outside her home. At this moment Luda’s heart shook, she waved like a goon letting her hand move lightning fast back and forth. The girl waved back, giving Luda a 1000 watt smile as a bonus. Luda could’ve swore the sun shone brighter at that moment. The girl was dressed a lot nicer than Luda would’ve ever dressed herself, even on a good day. Her future housemate as she could already tell was quirky. She was wearing a two-toned sweater, mint and pastel pink. The mint covering her chest had white block lettering that spelt out ‘XUANYI’. She presumed that to be her name.

Luda felt safe, the only reason why she decided not to back out was because of Xuanyis’ smile and the fact that E’dawn said it was only five minutes from his apartment. E’dawn was starting to get busier, being an economics major he was always studying but he had promised Luda to help her move in and to come over at least two nights a week.

E’dawn watched how Luda’s entire mood changed. She was all gloomy having been drug from her bedroom to go on their excursion but now after seeing the girl under the tree her face had color and she was lively. Luda didn’t stop talking the entire forty minute ride back home. While it made his heart swoon, because he missed this Luda, he couldn’t shake the feeling that he might be losing her before she even officially moved out.

Time usually escaped Luda. She lay in bed watching the sun peek through her blinds. Her alarm had gone off at 8am. So to her, it was still 8am although two hours had passed and the sun had fully risen. Letting out a yawn she swung her legs over the edge of the bed. Today was the day. Today marked an end and a beginning, for a poet she was increasingly anxious listening to all the sounds from downstairs. In her head she pictured her mother, her cat, and E’dawn lined up at the front door waiting patiently to kick her out on her in the 40 degree weather. You can imagine why it took her another 15 minutes to get out of her room. She took everything in, the blank walls once decorated from floor to ceiling with band posters now were dull and littered with pin holes. She was overstaying her time in an end. Downstairs in the garage where her things were all boxed up, that was her in between. Her mixed emotions only subsided after she brushed her teeth one last time at her stained porcelain sink. She trudged down the staircase to the living room. Her mother was up, it was evident because the curtains were open to let in as much sun as possible. Her mother liked to save money by not running the heater in the winter till nighttime. Luda hated it, she was freezing 24/7. She plopped herself on the couch propping her feet up on their coffee table, content in just staring at the ceiling till she set off to her new beginning. Amongst her thoughts of secretly hiding her cat in a duffle bag to bring with her and counting how many leaves dropped from her tree out front, her mother appeared in the kitchen archway.

"Honey.. are you ever going to get up?"

Luda blinked a few times it was only 8am surely her mother knew move in wasn't till noon.

"Can't I just stay here," she begged curling her toes and picking at the loose thread on her sweater.

Her mother kicked her feet off the table, setting her coffee down where Luda’s feet once rested.

"It's 11:30, i'm sure E’dawn is pacing outside-- in fact I can see him right now." Luda reluctantly got up peering through the white mesh draperies to see him marching up and down the sidewalk in front of his tiny rust colored Geo Metro. The only person who actually got Luda to places on time was E’dawn. He hated being late more than anything so it was really no surprise that he pried open her garage and packed the car full of her belongings. He was ready, but Luda wasn't. He was always ready, had his thoughts figured out, very much like an economics major and so unlike herself, she thought all poet’s were a bit scattered.

She really didn't want to leave. However her mom had already taken her key back and her room was now occupied by their tabby cat Koozie. She stood on the weathered concrete steps taking in as much familiar air as she could. It was all so overwhelming. She was engulfed in warmth smiling to herself she lept off the front step and hopscotched her way to E’dawn. Luda figured if she left the place happy, she wouldn't be so homesick when she settled down somewhere else. E'dawn hugged her tight, the two just stared at the lee household, all of its red brick glory and grassy covered front yard. She'd miss it.

E’dawn and Luda drove for about an hour listening on and off to indie artists on the radio. They both enjoyed talking but the feeling in the car pressed down on Luda. They were moving through the in between at 45mph. The further away from her childhood home they got the more definite the change seemed to Luda. E’dawn, the ever observant, let her have her space. Even if there was barely enough to spare, being that their elbows were practically touching. All Luda did was watch the leaves fall out the car window, she loved when the colors of houses blended together it took her mind off of the whole reason for the drive.

They arrived late. E’dawn was inconsolable as Luda made her way around to the trunk propping up the door with a wooden pole. The cutest thing about E’dawn was how he hated breaking rules it made her laugh since she broke them all the time without caring. It was quiet out front, the yard was unoccupied this time. Luda silently wished on their drive over to be greeted by the angelic girl Xuanyi she had seen only a few days before. She watched two squirrels fight over an acorn while E’dawn grabbed a few boxes and started heading toward the front door. It suddenly became apparent to Luda that she didn't actually have a key to the house yet. She came over to move in and sign the papers saying that she'd be the other renting tenant, after that was done she'd officially get a key.

Luda walked toward the front door where E’dawn stood like a soldier waiting, you could tell he was struggling to hold the two boxes steady but he'd never admit it. On top of that, the wind had picked up and his legs were shaking like two twigs. She swore she’d buy him a pair of pants for Christmas, his bright yellow shorts did him zero justice in the fall weather. Luda laughed as E’dawn called her to hurry up in a gruff voice. Just then the door opened. A girl sizably taller than Luda herself almost equal in size to E’dawn stood with a lollipop in in paint covered overalls and star patterned socks. Her expression was of amusement with a hint of annoyance as E’dawn briskly pushed past her practically throwing the boxes onto the hardwood.

Luda sniffed the air around her, it smelt of honey and pine. the girl in the doorway turned, she hadn't even seen luda but was shouting something toward E’dawn. Either they knew each other or the girl was just naturally pissed off at the sight of another human being. Luda started for the front steps when the heavy door clicked shut. She stood there on the steps like she was dropped off by a stork. The door was locked, she could faintly make out more yelling and the wind started to pick up again ruffling the trees leaves a bit and causing her to shiver. She tried the handle again before it was swung open this time by the girl she was slightly familiar with Xuanyi.

"You must be the new tenant," the girl winked ushering luda inside.

“I would’ve showed you around a few days ago,” Xuanyi paused taking in Luda’s features.

“If you just got out of the car,” she ended.

"It's pretty cold out right now sorry about all that.”

Luda glanced down at her washed out ripped jeans and semi clean vans. She was very casual compared to how Xuanyi looked. She just imagined the girl had an epic wardrobe full of the softest sweaters and jeans that fit her in all the right places. Luda would probably die if she saw it and it actually existed. She wouldn’t put it past this fantastical girl though.

Luda was busy staring down the hall at the angry girl. She was intimidating and looked angrier than her best friend Dawon on a bad day. Xuanyi followed her gaze down the hall.

"I guess you two haven't properly met, that's Eunseo she's a bit of a wild kid,” Xuanyi hummed before resting her head on the back of the couch.

Luda hadn't noticed her move, she hadn't noticed much about the house or its insides since she started looking at Eunseo. E’dawn finally made an appearance holding his hand wrapped in toilet paper. The reason for Eunseo’s anger was that the second he made it into the house he knocked over their only living room lamp. According to Xuanyi, Eunseo had just bought it. The lamp had a ceramic bottom and when it hit the floor it shattered. Knowing E’dawn he had probably tried to scoop every piece up for safety. Judging by his hand he'd cut himself, so now ceramic bits and blood were mixed together on the floor.

Move in day wasn’t supposed to be this ‘exciting’. Luda noticed that the whole time she was taking the situation in she had been holding her breath. "Wow" was all she breathed before sliding down the front door in front of the broken lamp carnage. It wasn't even that much blood on the ground but it had always been her weakness. Xuanyi sprang up from her spot on the couch where she had been silently observing and hoisted Luda up. The two walked to the kitchen Luda being half drug her legs still a tad wobbly. Xuanyi gave her a glass of water with no ice and instructed her to drink before returning to her spot on the brown couch. She took a few slow sips, taking in small things. The kitchen had a small window above the sink, and tiny shelf where three potted succulents rested. Two pots were decorated, a sparkly pastel pink pot on the left and a paint splattered one on the right. The middle one was untouched, Luda had never identified herself with a pot before but today was a new beginning and here she was. Luda an average undecorated pot.

Eunseo was still cursing E’dawn who was now rewrapping his hand.

"Babe I think this is gonna be fun for you," he called down the hall causing Eunseo to stop nag-yelling at him.

Luda nodded to herself glancing first at the tiny nickel sized drops of blood on the floor and then to a winking Xuanyi. A door slammed down the hall. Taking the last sip of water Luda stared forward behind Xuanyi at the tv showing two kittens wobbling around. She really missed fat Koozie.

It took 2 hours to get Luda situated in the new home, the previous tenant Exy labeled the house ‘babe cave’ Xuanyi explained as she twirled through the kitchen.

"I’m sorry about Eunseo and your boyfriend."

"Oh it's alright,” Luda felt like she hadn’t spoken since she got to the ‘babe cave.’

Everything being so chaotic on her arrival really quieted Luda. She was usually shy when first meeting people in general but was dry like when you first wake up.

“I’m sorry about your lamp i'll get you guys a new one," luda glanced at the empty side table thinking of a way to break into her old house and steal one of the 50 lamps her mother hoarded.

"It's really fine, Eunseo got it at a garage sale for like two dollars, " Xuanyi laughed filling the small kitchen with energy.

She jumped up on the countertop beside where Luda sat and stared at the side table.

“I hated it anyway."

A door opened with the slightest creak. The two girls turned their heads to see Eunseo shuffling forward.

"Hey got that tenant paper ready?"

Eunseo the paper toward Xuanyi without looking up. She left without even saying a word, causing Xuanyi to huff in exasperation. She studied her till she shut her bedroom door, then slid the paper over to Luda with a smirk.

"You sure you're ready for the babe cave?"

Luda stared at the paper in front of her, they really did stay true to the babe cave name. It was even the official name of the house on the title. She found the line to sign and scribbled Lee Luda before pushing the paper back toward Xuanyi’s thigh. Luda was already exhausted from the day and it was only 3 in the afternoon. Xuanyi smiled down at Luda as the girl rested her head on the granite countertop. To Xuanyi she finally had someone to mentor, she could feel Luda's need and curiosity it practically radiated off the girl. Xuanyi hummed in excitement at her developing thoughts.

"So Luda, what's your major?"

Luda felt the cool surface of the granite on her left cheek, she stared at Xuanyi’s legs periodically glancing toward the hallway and at the pantry.

"Creative writing and Literature," she mumbled.

"Oh really?!" Xuanyi responded enthusiastically.

She jumped off the counter and tugged Luda off the kitchen stool toward the last door in the hall. The beige door had a pink oval surfboard hanging on the outside with Xuanyi’s name on it in shiny black letters. Xuanyi pulled Luda into her room which barely had enough space for her bed. The room was practically a small library. 3/4 of the room was covered from floor to ceiling in dark wood book shelving. Xuanyi’s bed rested underneath the only window in the room and on top of her bed a stack of books lay toppled over.

"I'm dreaming aren't I," Luda breathed with awe.

She scanned the entire room seeing something new with each pass of her eyes. Xuanyi stood behind her proud, she loved her book collection.

"I love reading, if you ever need a book for class i'll see if I have it then you'll never have to go to the library. Of course you always can if you want it's really pretty there,” Xuanyi gushed.

Her library made Luda’s room seem lackluster. E’dawn and her had decorated it with lights and posters but it couldn't even be compared to Xuanyi’s decorating job.

"What's your major," Luda asked timidly having catalogued the room pretty well now.

"Psychology," Xuanyi answered matter-of-factly jumping on her bed and catching Fahrenheit 451 before it hit the floor.

Luda just stood there amazed, Xuanyi wasn't even a Lit major but loved reading more than she herself did.



He saw the way she looked at Eunseo. Like she was completely thrown off, her eyes were bright like they used to be when she'd hung around Dawon excessively. He thought he'd taken care of Luda’s 'issue'. The Lee's didn't plead to him to fix their daughter and pay for his apartment for their daughter to be reverting back to her old emotions. He rubbed his hand, it was tender from the cut. It wasn't his fault Eunseo stuck her foot out when he walked through. He didn't even know Eunseo would be there. She was his last project before Luda, her family had bought him the tiny car he drove in exchange for Eunseo being straight. Everything was working out till Eunseo dumped him. This was going to be difficult, especially now that Luda lived in a house full of girls, temptation was her greatest downfall.

 

a/n hi! Um I dont really write such long things, I only really write poetry but since there is a huge lack of WJSN fics I thought I'd try and contribute something. Hope you dont get too mad at E'dawn or me in this. Listen to Gorilla by Pentagon and enjoy :)