Nostalgic Rendezvous part 1

What Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            The next few days was filled with trips with the whole family to various places. Younggi, who already retired from his job as a senior staff at the United Nation made Seungho took a couple of day off from his work place just so they can spend more time with their best friend who was considered as their own family. It was not the perfect timing for the Oh’s to visit Korea in winter because a lot of tourist attractions are not open in winter, but Seohyun laughed it off saying that she’s not a tourist. They came to Korea in winter in purpose. They missed the cold weather, they missed the snow since there’s none in Bali. But it was no big deal. In a big group, Myeingdong on the first day. The males and females of the group then split up as the girls went to find make ups and beauty products for Seohyun, also looking for coats and winter outfit for her in the women fashion stores, while the guys went to look for jackets, suits, and shoes for Sehun and his father—also for Baekhyun who has been wanting this sneakers from Bean Pole that he saw a couple of days ago. They meet again for lunch at a galbi restaurant they always visit a long time ago. The owner was Younggi’s old friend so they always get big discount whenever they eat there. They walked around until it was almost time for dinner, then they went home to eat Yoona’s home-made dinner. Seohyun misses her best friend’s cooking so much that she insists that they have to eat dinner at home every day, no eating out, no take outs.

 

               On the second until the fifth day, they went around Seoul—buying ethnical stuff, buying gifts for the Oh’s friends in Indonesia at Itaewon, seeing the night-life of today’s Korea in Hongdae, visiting some old friends at Gangnam, even visiting one of Seohyun’s cousin in Anyang together. At their fifth night in Seoul, just when they had finished dinner at the Byun’s, Sehun gave them a surprise. He already bought 8 return tickets to Jeju Island for 3 days and 2 nights. All of them hugged him and thanked him, except Baekhyun who said with a sad expression that he had to work the next day so he couldn’t come with them. Sehun, who won’t listen to none of Baekhyun’s excuse, begged the other guy to go with them, but Baekhyun still said no. He didn’t want to get fired from his job.

               On the day they were supposed to go to Jeju, Sehun gave a surprise visit to Baekhyun’s office. He came to Baekhyun’s work room and told him they’re going. Baekhyun’s boss had already gave him the permission after Sehun assured him that Baekhyun will be back in three days and he won’t be neglecting his report. He will fax it, or email it, because technology are pretty modern now.

               “You said that to him??” Baekhyun gasped when he heard how Sehun got permission from his boss to take Baekhyun for vacation. “Seriously Sehun?? You said that to him? ‘That technology are pretty modern now and it’s a pity you didn’t know that’??”

               “That’s not even the best part. You should’ve saen his face when he heard me said that,” Sehun impersonate Baekhyun’s boss shocked face. This made the older male giggled so hard until he had to bend his body because his stomach hurts from laughing. His face was beet red from laughing but it was something Sehun never seen before. And he liked it. Baekhyun’s face was made for this kind of expression. Not the sad and melancholic ones he always wore. “It was priceless.” Just like yours are right now.

               Baekhyun was still laughing hard. After a while, he let out a cough and panted, too tired after laughing so hard for a long time. Sehun patted his back, scolding him gently for laughing wildly like that. “Aigoooo~, seriously Hunnie,” Baekhyun finally was able to talk properly, “If I don’t get fired when I get back to work, that means my boss is totally in love with you. Oh my gosh, you’re crazy~”

               Sehun unconsciously smile fondly at the nickname. It was a name Baekhyun used to call him with when they were little. He had no idea where Baekhyun got that nickname from, but he liked it. It was somewhat a personal nickname for Sehun. Only Baekhyun get to call him that. His smile widened seeing Baekhyun leaned back beside him, the cab driver looking curiously at them through the rearview mirror  Baekhyun’s hands are still on top of his aching stomach, his breathing had slowed down, but the petite man still had a smile on his face.

               “Why are you forcing me to come, Sehun? I mean, you all could’ve just go and leave me. It’s not like I’m not used being alone. You know my parents like to travel a lot since Appa retired, so.. I’m fine being by myself.”

               “Really? They like to leave you alone at home?”

               “Yeah,” Baekhyun was a little confused. “You know this, I told you so many times through the let—oh,” Baekhyun raised a hand to cover his mouth. He almost spilled his secrets to Sehun, but Sehun didn’t seem to notice this. He was oblivious to Baekhyun’s panicked face—afraid that Sehun would realize what he said—and he was oblivious to Baekhyun’s disappointed sigh when he said that in her letters, Krystal told him her father also left her alone so much.

               “So that means you really spend a lot of time together with Krystal, huh? I mean, Uncle Seungho is nice, but how could he? Krystal only got him, he can’t just leave her alone at home like that for days. I can’t imagine how lonely she was.”

Unfocused, Baekhyun only nodded weakly. Of course. Of course Sehun had to talk about Krystal, that’s just how much the other male loves Krystal. He can’t stop talking about her. Baekhyun was almost at his limits. The past few days was torture for him. He had to see Sehun and Krystal feed each other most of the time. He had to witness the smitten look Sehun gave to Krystal every time he looked at her. Baekhyun would give anything for Sehun to look at him like that. And just now, Sehun didn’t even react to the fact that Baekhyun gets lonely too every time his parents leave him.

               “You... you really love Krystal, don’t you?”

               Sehun didn’t like the sad tone in Baekhyun’s voice, but he can’t help but smile at the question. “It’s weird, Baekhyun-ah,” Sehun turned to his side, away from Baekhyun. He gazed the road while remembering Krystal’s beautiful face that always succeed in making him smile. But that made Baekhyun felt like someone had just stepped on his heart. “It’s weird how... I feel like I know everything about her through the letters she sent me. And you can see how we clicked immediately when we meet. It’s all because of the letters.”

               Yeah, because of the letters.

               Sehun heard the man beside him let out a sigh. He turned to face Baekhyun again, startYoona the smaller male by touching his hand he had on his lap. “Hey, ByunBaek..”

               Baekhyun’s breath hitched when he heard the nickname. Sehun was the only one who call him ByunBaek.  It has been years since Baekhyun heard Sehun calling him with a nickname Sehun made for hum. There was a warm feeling fluttering from his tummy raising to his chest when he heard Sehun called him that way. He tried so hard to keep his tears from falling, turning away from Sehun was the only way he could hide it.

               “ByunBaek?”

               “Why did you never write to me, Sehun?” Baekhyun asked in a small voice, trying hard to make it sound like he wasn’t crying, so that Sehun wouldn’t hear his voice shake. Baekhyun knew he was a cry baby. Back then when he was still bullied, he always come home from school with tears in his eyes. It was the only way

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter