What Do I Do?

What Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 It has been a month since the engagement. Baekhyun decide to busy himself with work, not coming home and stayed almost most of his nights in his office. The only time he slept at his own bed was when his mother called him and asked him to come home to celebrate Younggi and her wedding anniversary. It was a mistake. Seeing Sehun again was a mistake. The younger never once looked away from him. His cold and intense stare bored a hole through Baekhyun’s forehead. Fortunately, Yifan was there to distract him from Sehun. Her mother, who grew fond of Yifan’s warm personality (and also knowing he’s Sehun’s best friend) invited him and his parents. Baekhyun figured that Yifan was older than him, but the guy refused to be called Hyung. He was used to being the youngest and hearing someone calling him Hyung was awkward. Yifan acted like he’s younger than him anyways. After that night, Yifan had been regularly calling him and exchanging text with Baekhyun. They became as close as one can be to Baekhyun, and it helped him forget about his sorrow once in a while. Yifan was also his savior when the taller male said that he’s not going back to Bali until a few weeks before the wedding and he’s going to fly together with Baekhyun and the soon-to-be wedded instead. The wedding preparation had been done in advance by Sehun’s and Baekhyun’s parents who flied to Bali earlier. Sehun himself flew back to Bali with their parents to see the preparations, but came back to Korea a few weeks later to ‘pick up’ his fiancée. At the day of their flight to Bali, Baekhyun was nervous when Krystal whined to him that Sehun got a seat beside Baekhyun instead of her. He can’t stop praying to the Lord for miracles, and it was answered when his golden haired knight asked Sehun to switch place with him because it’s against the ethic to sit beside someone if her fiancé is on the same plane. So he took his seat beside Baekhyun, ignoring Sehun’s grumbling and sulking. They spent a good time chatting throughout the whole trip - Baekhyun swore Yifan even kissed his forehead as he drifted into slumber with his head on the older man’s shoulder. And here Baekhyun was, a month after the engagement party, at the Oh’s residence in Bali for the wedding preparation.

“Hey, y.”

The familiar female voice snapped Baekhyun out of his thoughts of unicorns running around the rice fields in front of him chasing a leprechaun who was skipping its way to the bridge of rainbow with a bucket full of golds. The shirtless Baekhyun looked up, smiling at Krystal who looked beautiful as always, her hair now a shade of tosca with black highlights. She was wearing a one-piece skirt with a see through cardigans on top. Unlike Baekhyun, Krystal doesn’t like being burned under the hot heated sun of the tropical Indonesia. She didn’t want her skin being tanned a few weeks before her wedding, so she protected it by wearing long sleeved clothing all the time. Even if it kills her by how hot it is underneath.

“Hey, beautiful,” Baekhyun complimented her in return. “Tomorrow’s a big day.”

The couple was scheduled for a pre-wedding photoshoot the next day. Krystal has been crazy in searching for dresses to wear in the photoshoot, as well as suits for Sehun. Sehun didn't seem that interested in planning anything for the photoshoot, he accepted anything Krystal wanted. it was a gesture of a very loving husband-to-be to most people, but Baekhyun knows better. He had been praying desperately for Sehun to at least look enthusiastic in preparing the wedding, but Sehun didn't seem to care. Krystal also didn't seem to be bothered by this. Her excitement was enough for the both of them.

“What are you doing here? Everybody’s having a nice cup of tea inside,” she leaned on the pillar beside Baekhyun, looking at the remnant of the orange sun the rice fields.

“Enjoying the view. You won’t find any of this in Seoul, you know,” he answered, feeling Krystal sitting down at his side and leaned her head to his shoulder. “What are you doing outside?”

“Nothing. I was wondering where you were and.. well, guess it’s been a long time since we spent some time together, just you and me.”

“Yeah, I know,” Baekhyun smiled as Krystal reached for his hand, entwining their fingers together. “I missed us. It has been a very long time since we spend time like this.”

“I know,” Krystal nod and let out a smile. “Shopping at Dongdaemun and Myeongdong..”

“Eating tteokpokki from the street vendors..”

“Eugh,” Krystal let out a disgusted expression that made Baekhyun smiled. “Sitting by the Han River at night..”

“Noraebang..”

“Oh my gosh, Krystal there’s so much we’ve missed! Since when did we grew apart?” Baekhyun lost count at how many things they used to do together back in the days. It seems like nowadays they just grew further apart. What happened? Since when? “But I can’t say I regret Sehun coming to our picture.” Baekhyun hurriedly added. He didn’t want Krystal (or himself) think that he was blaming Sehun for this thing.

The girl snorted, “No, of course not. I just.. missed you, that’s all.”

“But, hey, I’ve been there with you all the time. How could you say you missed me? You forgot who accompanied you to that wedding gown designer? They thought I was the one looking for a dress for my wedding!!” he said, pretending to be angry, shaking his shoulder deliberately making Krystal dizzy.

At the memory, Krystal laughed. “I would’ve done the same if I were the store employees. You looked so pretty in this hair, BaekBaek,” she ran one of her hair down Baekhyun’s now blonde-platinum hair. It was short, but he resemble a girl so much looking at his feline body and feminine face feature, and also his high-pitched voice.

Baekhyun smiled, patted the other’s knee and they sat there in silence, just looking at the dark consuming the last light from the sun.

“I know you were there, Baekhyun-ah,” Krystal suddenly said. Baekhyun didn’t say a word, but Krystal knew he was listening. “But it feels like.. it feels like you’re somewhere else at the same time. You didn’t talk to me, you didn’t talk to Sehun. You answer our question with a simple nod or a smile, and not your usually cheery smile. What happened to you, Byun Baekhyun?”

“Well, wor—“

“And don’t even try to use work as your excuse. I have seen the worst of it, yet it didn’t made you so distant from us before. From me.”

Baekhyun tried hard to suppress the urge to tell her the truth. To tell Krystal about Sehun and him, to tell her that she was the one who made him like this – no, not her, but her marriage plan with Sehun is.

“I.. I don’t know wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter