When all but one knows the Truth

As Time gone by

King Lee Soo Man and The Qing Emperior sat out on the pavilon enjoying the blooms of spring, gentle music played and a few of the Princess had been selected to play for the Great King and Emperior. "My King, I need to speak with you on a matter of urgency." Hyun Joon announced before he had fully arrived on the Pavilon. A whisper among the Princesses graced the ears of teh Emperior. A secret was close to being revealed. "So speak of it." The King eyes burned a Lions fury as he gazed upon the Captain of the Princesses Guard. "There are two matters of which I need to discuss with you, however one is a fairly private matter." Hyun joon's gazed dropped and he looked to see Luna's concerned eyes watching him. "Then speak of the first matter, we can move to my chambers for the second matter later." The king was never so astute with Hyun Joon than this day. 

"As Captain of the royal guard, I wish to know why I was not informed of Princess Amber's military rank." He had been racking his mind all day over what he had learnt during the duel and now he needed to know and understand why a king so smart, so loving towards his daughter would send her to battle. "As of today Captain Hyun Joon, Princess Amber no longer needs to be in your care. Why I never informed you of such is that her military rank, out ranks your own. She is the Lady of the black dragons, a title given to her on her 15th name day. She has proven her strength, loyalty and skill to attain, defeat and complete the tasks the crown has asked." The King spoke with pride but there was a bitter tone eating at the end of each sentence. Hyun Joon realised at this point the King knew. "I understand your majesty, I will leave you now and met you later in your chambers for the second matter."  He nodded curtly and turned to leave. 

"Hyun Joon!" He turned when the King shouted his name. "It has been decided, your marriage to Princess Luna shall take place in 3 weeks time. The day before the tournment for Princess Ambers hand. We can have a joint celebration, the first day of your marriage and the first day of competion." There was malice and their was grief. "Be happy child, be happy." 

 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

 

The Princes of Qing sat in the eastern garden celebrating the birthday of the youngest Prince V, they had drinks and music but as per the emperiors request they had no women join them. "It is sad we were not allowed to invite the Princesses, I would love to meet them seprately of Princess Amber." A few of his fellow Princes hummed in agreement. "I don't wish to meet any other Princess." It was the fourth Prince who spoke, shocking his half siblings. "My, my I see someone has taken a liking to our Princess." Jaejin spoke with a glint in his eyes. "Not at all, she however is the perfect future wife." Top spoke purposefully. "I for one don't think a woman of such anger and wrath would be worthy of our title." It was Kris the first Prince. "Only because she can best you 12 times over, because she can read people and their secrets better than most. Because when she fights her core is like a pheonixs." Myungsoo spoke. "You and your shaman eyes should stop reading into people." Kris poured another drink.

"My Prince." It was Jaejins second wife, the group of Princes peered up from their sittings to watch the women enter. "My sweet wife, what brings you to our company?" He asked taking her hand to sit next to him. "Princess Amber asked to meet me here for tea, however I believe she may have had an alterior motive." She smiled coyly as her husband poured her a small drink of plum wine. Amber entered the garden with Prince Onew and Yuta. Before they reached the Princes of Qing to smaller Princes ran along from behind. "Amber can we meet the Prince who made the boats!" The smaller of the young Princes shouted. "Heachannie slow down, remember your position." Onew spoke out to the younger Prince with purpose. "Princess!" Prince V leaned over the barrier to shout to the young Princess. "Lets go boys!" She shouted grabbing both the younger Princes hands running towards the group of Qing Princes. The 4th Prince became bemused by the new form of Princess Amber, she looked young carefree and full of joy with her younger half siblings. She looked her age.

Before reaching the whole congregation of Princes Amber slowed the boys and gently hide them behind her. "Greetings your Majesties." She bowed gracefully and took on her role as Princess once again. "May I present my younger brothers, Prince Mark and Prince Haechannie." They both bowed deep to the group of Princes. Before Amber had a chance to continue Haechan jumped towards the 4th Prince. "Ya! Are you the one that hurt my Ambie?!" He pointed his finger and seemed to be in rage over the duel. "YA!" Amber hit Haechan on the back of the head. "It was a fair fight and he caused no damage that I wouldn't recieve if I had not taken up my military title." Haechan looked up at Amber. "If it makes you feel better, she landed a good few bruises and strikes on me." The 4th Prince added quietly shocking most of his brothers, none had seen him be so gentle before. "You love your sister very much?" He asked the young Prince. "Ambie is the best, she teaches me and mark how to be strong and how to fight. She makes sure no one bullies us." This caused the older Prince to chuckle and he ruffled the younger Princes' hair affectionantly. "Well maybe you can show me what she taught you sometime?" This cause Haechan's face to brighten. None of his older brothers would help him practice his fighting. 

Whilst the interactions continued Onew finally managed to catch up to his siblings. "Amber! I expected better from you." Onew chastised her as he reached the trio of siblings. "Oppa." She hummed at him and he seemed to calm but raised an eyebrow at her. "If I were to never show my youth people would assume I was too perfect. And no one likes a perfect person." This caused the crown prince to Hackle. "You assume to be perfect." He said with Malice. A strong glare left Onew when facing the crown Prince. "Princess Amber has never hiden her faults, nor did she call herself perfect. Listen carefully in future......Your Majesty." The delayed titling caused tensions to rise. Amber quickly interceded before things became more fraut. "Lets not talk this way on such a special occassion. Prince V Happy birthday. I came to gift you a present and also present my sweet if not overly playful younger brothers. They love the boats you made. Maybe you could teach them." She guided the younger brothers towards the youngest prince of Qing. 

"Princess you did not need to come to my birthday." Prince V spoke shyly. "What kind of host does not attend a birthday of such a special guest. And my present to you, I saw how hard you work on the boats and thought maybe you wood like some tools to aid you in your craft." She opened a black box with plush red velvet lining, they neatly held tool for wood and paper crafting. "Princess!" Prince V shouted and proceeded to pick the Princess off her feet and swing her in the air. "This is the best gift, I have ever recieved!" He quickly realised what he had done and set her down immediately. "Princess, please forgive me." Amber appeared to be in pain and was shaking to appear she was in tears. "Amber!" Onew shouted reaching for her before a sound of laughter filled the air. Amber tipped back to standing she was indeed crying with tears of laughter instead of tears of pain. "You are most welcome your majesty."