An assessment of the situation

As Time gone by

Authours notes: Here is a quick run down of the characters, ages, roles and what makes them important. 

Great king lee soo man (Unknown age for now, the king of the great kingdom and decision maker for his childrens future)

Crown Prince Leetuek (29)

Other Princes; kyuhyun, donghae, siwon, shindong, yesung, kangmin, sungmin, eunhyuk, zouhmi, henry, Onew, Key, Jonghyun, Minho, taemin, suho, lay, baekhyun, chanyeol, chen, xiumin, sehun, kai(betrothed to Princess krystal to bound together two queens families) , kyung-so, taeyong, yuta, taeil, jaehyun, doyoung, winwin, haechan, mark, jeno, renjun, jisung, jaemin, johnny and a few unlisted sons of King lee soo man. 

Princesses: Yoona, tiffany, taeyeon, yuri, sunny, seohyun, sooyoung, hyoyeon, Jessica( Married off to a king of another kingdom), Victoria, sulli (Married to a great old warlord for helping save the kingdom from attack), krystal(betrothed to Prince Kai to bound together two queens families), Luna ( (16) Betrothed to hyun joon), Selugi, yerin, joy, irene and wendy. 

Female lead

Princess Amber (18) strong willed princess with a boyish charm but can perform feminie duties like she was born to be the queen of a country. Has grace a pose but prefers to let people see and accept the tru her before taking her mask as a perfect lady. Is skilled in all womenly tasks and especially skilled with instruments and singing. Has good fighting ability and strong skilld in marital arts as hyun joon taught her from a young age so she could possibly protect herself. She is the most favoured daught of king lee soo man as she reminds him of his late sister who past. She as his most treasured daughter was offered as a gift to the emperor of Qing, she is betrothed to be his next wife and take a thrown as a Queen of Qing. However she cannot leae until she is 19. 

Hyun Joon (24) ; Is the son of a great Warlord who help reslove riots in the city and took favour with the king because of this he was gifted with the most precious job of protecting the princesses. at the age of 14 he began to protect and play with the princess growing closer to them. It was decided he would become a husband to one of the once they reached the appropriate age. He was asked which princess he liked the most and at the time was in a fight with Amber. in an attempt to make her jealous he choose Luna and the king pronounced on Luna's 18th birthday they would marry. Hyun joon cannot forgive himself for not only breaking Amber's heart but also limiting Luna to only him. From now on his carried out his duties accordingly however he couldn't help but grow closer to Amber causing them to fall deeper and deeper in love. 

Okay now that is all done let the story commence. 

 

Chapter One 

King Lee Soo Man entered the practice area to find serveral of his sons sparring with two other men. One he recognised to be Hyun Joon the head Gaurd of the Princesses. However the other had a much smaller more elegent frame, they way in which he moved to attack was like water flowing down a river and however much weaker he maybe from the strongest prince. His form was much greater than anyone else. It wasn't a fair fight to have two men against 11 princes but it was interesting to watch it play out. Before the fight commenced they turn to bow to him. 

"It's fine, please continue. However do you think this is fair Hyun Joon-ah?" The king called to the captin of the princesses gaurd. "You and that small warrior against 11 well trained princes?" This caused the smaller warrior to laugh, it was more femine than he expected and he grew even more curoius of the small figured fighter. "Your mastjesty, you are quiet right its not fair at all. Gaurds bring some rope and tied one of our arms behind our backs. It will make it more fair for the princes." This cause the King to laugh as well. "Are you sure about this Hyun Joon? " He nodded the the fighting commenced. 

The tallest princes Minho took a large swing at the smaller warrior but a swift as the wind they weaved a path causing minho's sword to hit the ground and cause him to stumble. The smaller fighter then proceeded to kick him on the back making him fall onto the ground, holding the tip of the sword to the back of his neck he called a truce and left the fighting Area as Hyun Joon took on three princes at once. Shindong's glutton for food caused him to loss energy quickly making his attacks weaker and slower until he step out from exhaustion. Hyun was left fighting Kai and Taemin who were well trained in marital arts but lacked the strength to battle with swords as well as keeping their movements fluid. Taemin switched his weapon to small daggers making it harder fro Hyun Joon to keep up with the small jabs a quick fulid attacks. Before he could tell what had happend Taemin was on the floor yeilding to the smaller warrior. This caught Kai off Guard and hyun joon battled him to a truce. 

The king laughed heartedly at each princes' failed attempt at an attack. Siwon ran at the samller warrior and jumped into the air to kick him down before he could attempt to make contact the little warrior took to the splits dropping her height causing him to miss. She swung her legs quickly to jump up and high kick Siwon before he landed managing to kick him directly in the crotch he shouted he yeild before crawling off the area. Only 6 Princes were left and all unpredictable. Yuta had been sent away from a young age to learn the martial arts of the japanese monks protecting the great Temple in osaka, He withdrew his long samuari sword and set his feet in place, a heated fight began between the little warrior and the Samuari Prince Yuta. Both had been close to defeat but the little warrior had yet to use all her knowledge and was just calculating his fighting pattern befoer yuta had a chance to vere his sword to the left for the 5th time the little warrior caught his sward in her hand and pointed her own smaller sword directly at his chest. Yuta called it and the final battle commenced. Hyun Joon and the other Princes' were amazed watching the pair battle, however many of them knew the little warrior wasn't using her whole power yet. It caused a stir when she caught the blade with her hand, but hyun joon had expected her to do something crazy whilst in front of the king. 

Prince Onew stepped up, however soft his prince appeared he was smarter than he looked. Every swing he took was calculated to back her into a corner. She knew this as well, she also knew that that once in the corner suho and lay would join the attack whilst lee teuk would fight hyun joon. She had no fear knowing hyun joon was a much more skilled fighter than the crown prince. Just before she was corned she used one of the log floor markings to bounce off and flip over Onew backing him into his own corner. "Do you yeild? " Onew smile knocking the sword from her hand at this point both Suho and lay helped the crown prince corner Hyun Joon. Her calculation was wrong but this wasn't the end Hyun Joon yeilded. The little warrior took a few stepped back before round house kicking onew in the gut causing him to topple over into a crotch. Using Onew as a step, she bounced to were taemin's daggers were disgaurded earlier. Picking them up quickly she aimed directly at Suho and Lay. "You know I have never miss my target!" She shouted. The king had a knowing smiel arise on his face before he covered it with one of fake anger. Suho shouted for the both of them that they would yeild not questioning the little warriors abilities with a pair of daggers. Even one handed it was too hard to calculate. 

She dropped both blades and walked towards the Crown prince, the crown prince dropped his weapon and well and them met in the middle of the fighting area keeping only two meters between them. Both curtly nodded before taking a stance prepared to have hand to hand combat. The crown prince kicked high, the little warrior ducked but her helmet was hit and came toppling off her head knocking both her helmet and hair pin, her hair came sleek around her face and she began to counter, swinging low towards his legs. Leeteuk managed to just miss the attack but failed to notice the hands that grabbed his waist and slammed him to the ground. He quickly reacted trying to flip them but the small warrior caught his leg and twist to just before breaking point. The Crown Prince failed and teh warrior turn towards the King. 

"Daddy?" She asked questioningly before relaxing at his laughter. "Look at this my sweet daughter can handle 11 brothers in a fight but can't manage one tea sitting with the queens of Qing. I am not sure if  I should be proud or disappointed. Ya! What are you all playing at? Huh? How can a sweet innocent girl like my precious jewell Amber defeat you all. You must have not trained hard enough." This caused Amber to giggle and the princes' to huff at the kings reaction. "I know she is talented but if she keeps beating you lot I might need to make you princesses and have her as my crown prince." He said it jokingly and it caused them to relax. 

"Hyun joon-ah you have trained her well." Hyun joon nodded at the side compliment the king had given him knowing he couldn't directly thank him for the work her had done with Amber. "Only a few years and you will be part of my family. Look after my daughters well. I am relying on you." The king spoke softly seeing the pain in both HyunJoon and Amber's eyes. He couldn't help them now even if he wanted to unite the young lovers, moving heavens was easier than breaking deals with the Qing emperor. 

"Amber-ah come join me for tea, I would love to her that voice of yours after a few cups of jasmine honey. It was a gift from the Queens of Qing. They are upset you had previous arrangements and couldn't join them. "Ahhh I am sorry father, I sent them all very long apology notes and gifted them my hand made silk bags with soft crush soap." Amber quickly counted knowing her father would be upset she is out practicing to fight with her brothers rather thn getting to know her future inlaws. But what Amber didn't know he was glad she could still be his princess for a few months longer before the marriage was to take place. 

"Clean up. I will meet you in my pavilon at dask. It is the best time for your songs." The King exited quickly. "I will never understand why you are his favourite princess." Onew stated calculating the happenings that just occured. "Me either, maybe it's because I never whine or wallow. And try to give always more than I take." Amber stated trying to sound heroic. "I think it's because you have the heart the size to fit the whole kindom and would give anything to see him happy, even if it means your own happiness." Hyun Joon stated watching Amber through pained eyes. It was why he loved her, but at least this was one way he could say it alloud. "Ya! Are you trying to be funny? " She jumped onto of hyun Joon who proceeded to pick her up and carry her off in the direction of the royal bathing chambers. "It's heart aching to watch, isn't it?" Yuta stated as he watch the captin carry her away. "Hopefully once they marry they will forget." Shindong stated with a light air to his voice. "A love like theirs is like an ocean, it surrounds and incases the heart, even when on dry land it can still be seen, heard. You never forget the ocean and they will never forget each other. It's been to long and there hearts and broken too many times after a small mistake. And the worst point is neither can hate the other for the life that they will have to lead. It's usually easier when there is something to hate." Onew sighed with his last comment walking away. "For a Prince with 4 wifes and 13 concubines, he sure seems to know a lot about having a soulmate." Kai stated. "Ya! Don't bring soulmates up with Onew." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Authours Notes; Okay so first chapter I hope you like it, its short and sweet and maybe its easier to understand there back story and there love from the eyes and words of others. Hope you like it. Please read and comment and let me know how you like it or how you hate it. 

 

Lots of Love

Laura.