A battle worth more than riches and titles

As Time gone by

Authours note: Thank you for your continuous support of the story, as it is ever changing I have yet to know how this is going to develop and end. Some of you may see what I have missed. The next chapter is the end fighting sequence and some other scenes which may seem tedious now will explain a lot in the future please keep in mind. Also Luna's secret maybe revealed into a little greater light in the next chapter after this one. So stick around please enjoy, comment, subscribe and even maybe vote. You don't have to. 

I am leaving you with an open ending for now. this chapter is just short of 3000 words, hopefully you enjoy it and please comment!

Thank you again, 

Laura

 

Chapter 7

Where Amber had shimmed off of Hyun Joon to allow him to exit the battle area to the viewing point she had a good view of all those observing the battle, the obvious and the secret admirers hiding in the corners. She sat breathing slighty strained "looks like our alliance might have to end soon enough." Amber stated as TOP offered his hand out to her. "Maybe, still one more to go." Top gestured to Onew, Ambers eyes sparkled at her brother. "I wouldn't underestimate him, he was the first person to let me hold a sword." It was clear the admiration from her voice that Onew was someone she undoubtedly looked up too. But clear she wouldn't get upset over beating him. "And maybe it's high time you make him regret that action a little?" Top spoke softly raising her off the ground. 

 

The other princes and Hyun Joon became slightly more interested in the actions between Top and Amber. "Do they know each other that well?" Hyun Joon turned to Minho who raised his shoulder in confusion. "I believe yesterday was their first ever meeting." It was the crown Prince who spoke. "However Top is an excellent liar and I would be surprised if they had meet in passing before, she is an assisan isn't she?" The question was bold and Princess Amber's secrets where alway ones of many rumours. In truth none of the Princes' really knew the reason Amber trained so hard. Many believed it was to spend extra time with Hyun Joon more than anything. "I can promise you one thing, She may or may not be an assisan but she has killed more men than all your younger brothers combined." The words sunk in, killing people for your nation gain great respect from almost anyone in the world far and wide. But for a women let alone a Princess it could give her a much harsher image. 

"Well?" Onew asked looking at the pair, a smirk rested upon his face as he peered at the two, they almost looked liked they had dressed to match. Amber quickly shifted her stance as she heard Onew's voice echo across the courtyard. Amber watched as onew quickly untied his outer robes to lose the weight, he was planning on making himself faster to outmanouver them, his outer top layer sunk to the ground releaving the well trained and firm muscles of her older brother a dark dusty tan kissed his skin as small beads of sweat ran down his chizzled chest. Amber knew her options where limited and she watch TOP calculate into stripping himself of his outer clothes. Much to the gasps of the Queens and princess. Amber forewent losing her out garments. Luckily for amber she had worn her underclothes from her night training, much less revealing than her daily underclothes, she quickly sliced throw her over clothing with her tanto blade to save time and took after Onew running. He glided around the courtyard at high speed and bounced off enough walls and pillars to start running on the lower roof that was infront of the Queens and Princesses. Amber tunred and ran towards Top hoping his thought pattern was as fast as hers. As she raised her foot as to kick him, he lowered her hands underneath her foot and pushed her high up into the sky. She bounced off the roof Onew had set running on and landed on the higher tiered roof that the emperor and the king had taken to watching. "Daddy, You highness." Even during the fight she managed to kept her composure and bow polietly as she sprung back into action.

TOP decided that sandwiching Onew between himself and Amber would be the quickest way to defeat their opponent. Onew was fast but Top was taller and his steps were that much wider. He slide to a hault as Onew was coming up to a dead end. Just before Onew had to stop Amber flew from out of no where infront of Onew scaring him. He lost his footing and began to fall. Amber quickly slide down the roof grabbing hold of her older brother. "Yeild?" She questioned as her brother dangled from the edge as he nodded she let go of his hand, a quiet yelp was heard before Onew landed in Top's arms. "Alright?" Top asked looking at the older prince in his arms. His sounded worry caused Onew to smile.

"Hault!" The shouted was heard over the courtyard, it was the emperior everyone came to a lsight stand still and peered up at the emperior. "Since we have only two warriors left how about everyone chooses a sides?" With the word hault leaving the Emperiors mouth TOP walked to the water spring and took two cups to drink water from. Handing one over to amber and sitting down in the shade to rest whilst the Emperior spoke. "Why do I feel like we are chickens being made to fight in a ring?" TOP asked Amber as she took a seat next o him streching out her legs. "Because we are onyl puppets under their control." It was soft enough that only Top heard her words."We won't always be their puppets." He spoke back in a reassuring voice as they watched all the viewers of the fight move to different sides of the courtyard. 

"It seems about an even split." Amber said raising to her feet. She walked away from Top and bowed to where the emperior stood from the highest vewing point in the courtyard. She turned to come face to face with Top who was also bowing to the Emperior. "Begin!" With those words Top lunged forward reaching for her collar, only to find his hands empty as Amber sprung over his head. "You need to be quicker than that." Amber teased before she knew it her feet came away from underneath her. "You need to think ahead better." As Top moved pin her to the floor. Amber quickly rolled ot the left as top came down to the ground. Amber clambered to her feet and reached towards an axe that had been left by one of the previous opponents. She turned into a spin knowing Top was coming up behind her, He swung the axe low towards the pant legs of Top hoping to trap the material into on the the woden training pillars. Top managed to jump high and flip to the other side of Amber. He grabbed her by her wasted and pulled her towards the ground. She managed to twist in the fall to land straddling top. She managed a good few punches before top grabbed both her hands and tried to swing them into the opposite position.

Amber squeezed her thighs tight around tops waist he shouted in pain but managed to raise himself to a sitting position. Amber manouvered her hands free and leaped away from top. Grabbing a tanto blade she had wrapped to her leg as Top reached for the tiger blade which seemed to be as light as a feather in his hand. He slide into a water dance pose as Amber went into the sun position. She swirled the blade to reflect the sunlight at top causing temporary vision lose. She took her chance to leap forward and land a blow for victory but Top was too quick. He stepped rightwards and reached for her wrist pulling her tight against his chest. "You are better than any man I have ever battled" his words were ghosted whispers that tickled her neck. She rammed her elbow into his stomach casuing him to release her. Just as she pulled away he rose him blade Arm up just catching the last outer remaining fabric she wore. It tore and her out top was sliced to reveal the underbinding she wore. This didn't cause Amber to hault.

Her attacks became harder and faster than before and Top managed to block almost all and those he couldn't, he just about dodged. "We have fought before." He spoke gentle as he managed to step past her strike and land behind her. He grabbed her dagger wrist and pressed gently agaisnt her pressure point causing her to drop the blade. Her breathing was laboured but as her dagger clanged against the floor she dropped to the floor and hit the back of Top's knee so he joine dher on the floor. "You don't play very fair." Her spoke grabbing underneath her arms and hoisting her over him to flip her underneath him. "If we played fair there definitely won't be a concluding winner."

Whilst the fight continued the observers watched with eager eyes, more times than minho and Onew could count they had to hold hyun Joon back but iboth could see Amber generally had the upper hand she didn't fear hurting or disgracing her opponent unlike the prince. "I can't work out which one is better." jaejin sgihed by the Onew as he watched from the Amber supporters sides. "I am surprised you believ Amber would win." Onew spoke. He much enjoyed the company of the younger prince. "Well she is fearless and my brother despite reputation isn't the biggest bastard in the whole world." this cause Onew to chuckle. "They are surprisingly well matched." Onew noted as each fighters movement flowed into their opponents like they were one of the same mind. "It's quiet amazing to be honest. I don't I have seen Amber fight like this before. There is so much passion, so much joy." Onew somehow felt even if his sister had to marry the victor his heart would be a bit at rest if it was Top to win.

"So about the competition?" Top asked as he block some of Ambers jabs and managed to roll them to a tight corner of the training area. "What about it?" Amber asked as she kneed Top in the groin and used the wall to limber herself behind him. "Are you really going ot agree to marry the victor?" His question seemed light hearted but their was clear undertone Amber decided to ignore. "It isn't a choice, it is an royal decree. I can't turn round and refuse." Amber spoke in her Princess voice, a voice Top knew too well as he used it too many times to not come to the royal palace in Qing as he had a duty to protect the wall. "What if the victor was always away in battle?" The question caused Ambers breath to catch in , those breif seconds allowed top to flip Amber onto the floor. they were now more inot the middle of the courtyard. "I would be proud to call myself his wife, as long as he was fighting battles he believed in." Top without thinking brushed some stray hairs from Ambers face. He never realised yesterday this women could capture his feelings in such brief moments.

The Emperior and King had moved to join the Empress and the Queens. "My Queen what do you see?" The Emperior stared deep inot the eyes of the Empress as a gentle smile rested upon her face. "I don't need to see the future to see how well they match, each movement flows like the push and pull force that shows equality and balance. They are more than equal, they are harmonious." Her words were acknowledge by all as they watched on. "I am soo jealous of Amber unnie, she gets to play with the men all the time. I bet she only does it to find the best husband." Joy spoke in a whiney voice loud enough for the King to hear. The words stung in his ears but this was the life Amber had choosen to take. "She obviously just look for male attention, she should just become a Gisaeng." The snap remark came from hyo-yeon. the king went into an enraged fit. He rose to his feet and turned to his daughters with thunderous eye.

"HOW DARE YOU!" He shouted at the Princess who visablly swallowed. He took a step closer to her. The courtyard turned to ware the King had begun to shout. Amber and top's scrappling came to a hault as the turned to wear the shouts had come to. He took another step forward. "YOU DARE SAY ONE MORE FALSE WORD AGAINST HER AND YOU WILL NO LONGER HOLD YOUR TITLE!" Hyo-yeon had dropped to her knee. "Your majesty, I didn't mean my words, it was only in jest." The king took a few more steps forward and grabbed Hyo-yeon by her hair. He begun to drag the Princess forward ot the edge of the balcony. "What have you ever done for your country?" He asked but it was loud enough for everyone to hear. "Tell me Now!" His shout cause he to start to ramble out words. "I married a General of the north to secure more land." She spoke. "Marriage! You married for the country. Well what has your husband done for the country?" The king asked. "He manages the northern area well, he is liked and he has great military take to keep away rebels." Hyo-yeon was using what she was told. The king dropped her to the floor. "You mean the rebels you sister managed to deal with, with only 30 soliders by her side that your husband and his 200 soliders couldn't deal with!" The king spoke harsher than ever before. "He manages well but your sister had to go to your landes to check the taxes as he was treating the common people, our people unfairly." Hyo-yeon knew nothing of what was being said and bowed her head in shame.

Amber couldn't hold in her anger. "Father! Let her go. She understands." Her words were soft but clear and at the sound of her voice the king visbally relaxed. "Hyo-yeon, you are sorry? Right?" Amber asked her older sister. The girl had tears streamed down her face and nodded continuously. "Krystal, why don't you take Hyo-yeon to get cleaned up." Amber spoke again. Everyone in the area was in shock at Ambers control over the situation. No Queen would ever dare to speak out against the king. The Empress smiled brightly at the younger girl and the Emperior in that moment knew the decision he made was correct. As long as Amber agreed she would become the best Empress the three regions had ever scene. "Amber?" Top spoke softly and realised he was wrapping his outerwear around the girl. In her anger she was gripped her blade to teh point he hand was gushing blood. She dropped to her knees. In one swift movement Top had wrapped amber in his clothes and hoisted her into his Arm. "It seems you majestys there is no definative winner today. However I feel we are too well matched to ever find a true winner." He bowed and carried Amber out of the area.

Everyone stood in silence, none of the Princes even thought of moving. Hyun joon could barely even process the situation before Top had taken off with Amber in his arms. "Did you know?" He turned to Onew holding him by the collar. "Did I know what?" He asked the royal guard. "Did you know that Amber was going into battles?" Onew shook off Hyun joons hands. "touch me like that again and you won't be around to find out. If I knew what business would it be to inform anyone. She is her own person." Onew had a slight venom to his voice at Hyunjoon's actions. "But she could get hurt." He shouted at the Prince. "She is a grown women, she can make her own decisions. And she fights with the power and skill of a 100 men. If she ever got hurt it is on her. I can't stop her. Did you not see how she just spoke to our king. He is her father and he doesn't even have to the power to control her. You think you could stop her." Onew walked away to leave Hyun joon in a confused mess.

The Emperior requested the presents of the Empress, King and Queen mother. "You never informed me she was fighting battles." He spoke before even the tea was poured. "She has a tiger in her eyes and the sea in her soul, that girl is made to not just rule but fight any power that goes against her." The queen mother spoke before the king even had a chance to explain. The chuff of laughter was enough to bring the realisation the Emperior was not even mad. "Who taught her to fight like that?" The Empress spoke. "She has had many teachers, she practices harder than any warrior i have ever had in my Army. When she was three she stole one of Onew's training swords and in the day she would paint the movements. At night she would practice the movements to the point when she was 5 she challenged Taemin and Kai when they started to learn. She begged me, I just couldn't say no." The king explained as the Emperior took a long drink of his tea.

"Is she the dragon warrior?"