Anticipated Meeting

The Truth

Alas! Time moves really very slow when you’re anticipating/waiting for something. It’s frustrating. I spend each day hoping today would be the day when the doctors would say that I can be discharged. I know that I am being stupid, I should know that I can’t get discharged until all my injuries heal. Maybe it’s all a result of being bored. So as I spend my days doing nothing except watching television, the days pass by. It’s excruciatingly slow but it passes.

 

(Two months later)

 

“Kang Daepyo-nim, are you sure you don’t want me to pick you up?” Do-yoon hyung asks on the phone me as I sign my discharge papers.

“Hyung, I said that it’s okay.” I reply

“But are you sure you can manage?”

“Hyung, I was injured. Not paralyzed.” I say. “Is that all?” I ask the nurse. She nods her head.

“Listen hyung, stop fussing over me and take some rest. You haven’t slept on a bed since the day I was attacked. Just take a look at your bed- Are you sure that it’s not calling to you?” I walk towards the basement where my car is parked.

“Are you sure you didn’t hit your head?”

I sigh. They have been asking me this question ever since I said Oh Yeon-joo was the key to my life.

“If I had, wouldn’t it had been detected in the millions of tests the doctor did?” I ask.

“Oh, I don’t mean now. I mean when you were little.”

I laugh, sarcastically. “Look who learnt how to be funny. ”   

He laughed. “Fine, do what you want to. It’s not like anyone was ever able to stop you. Goodbye. ”

“Goodbye.” I said and got into the car. As I was about to start the car, I thought of Oh Yeon-joo’s promise. ‘Should I call her right now?’

I pressed the call button. She picked it on the fourth ring.

“Oh Yeon-joo ssi?” I asked. Her reply came a bit seconds late.

…. “Yes” As soon as she confirmed herself, I got right into business.

“How are you? We should meet.”  

“...What?”

“Where are you right now? Seoul?” I was worried I’d have to wait a few more days. With the police chasing her, she must have went somewhere remote. When she said I was in Seoul, I was relieved.

“Where?” Thank goodness. Being in Seoul made things so much more easier.

“Near the hospital. At a bus stop.” Wait- what? She’s near the hospital? Did she say bus stop? That’s like right in-front of the gate.

“Wait for me. I’ll be there soon.”

I saw her as soon as I got out of the hospital. She was sitting on the bus stop, looking confused as hell. As she saw my car, her confused face changed into shock.

I parked the car right in front of her and lowered the windshield to talk to her.

“Oh Yeon-joo ssi, how have you been?”

Her shocked expression turned into a higher level of shocked+confused. I got out of the car, smiling.

“Why are you here? I just got discharged.” I informed her.

“Discharged? You are already well?”

What? “Already? I don’t know about you but lying in the hospital bed for two months was extremely long for me.”

She turned to the side and it looked like she was talking to herself. Maybe she’s a bit crazy.

I went toward the passenger’s side and opened the door, initiating her to get inside. She seemed a bit lost in herself but I didn’t wanted to waste anymore time. “Get in.”

She finally looked like she was paying attention to me. “”Why?”

“We need to talk but I don’t think we can do that in the middle of the street. So let’s go somewhere.”

She seemed to be contemplating if it was possible to run but decided against it and got inside. Somehow all of this was really funny. I shut the car door and got into my seat. She seemed to be back in her la-la land.“Let’s eat lunch. What do you like?”

“Anything is fine with me.” I put her seat belt on. “How have you be?” I asked, trying to initiate conversation. “What’s new with you?” I waited for her reply……. and I was sure she was back in la-la land with the way she was looking at me. “I’ll take you to a place that I often go. Is that okay?”

Thankfully, she replied with a nod. Taking that as a confirmation, I wore my sunglasses and started the engine. “Goodness” I exclaimed and then started to drive.

She was quite all the way, but it looked like she was going through an internal battle. I looked at her as I stopped the car at the traffic. Why is she wearing a sweater in the summers?

“Aren’t you hot?”

“What?”

“It’s just that the weather forecast said that it was going to be 29 degrees out there. Aren’t you feeling hot in those clothes?” She just shook her head.

“I think these are the same clothes you had been wearing two months ago. Are you sure you haven’t been sleeping out in the open?”

I laughed as her face turned red. Maybe she really is having a hard time. She did mention that she was unemployed

I turned the car, deciding to give this strange woman who saved my life some summer clothes.  

As I reached the store I owned, I asked her to get out of the car.

“Why?”

“My company will officially compensate you but before that I need to buy you summer clothes.”

“No, it’s okay. You don’t have to do that. I am fine”

“You look very hot to me.”

"Not at all." 

"You are sweating on your forehead."

She looked like a cat which was out of the bag as she touched her forehead. I laughed. What is this girl?

"Let's go." I told her and got out of the car.

 

 

 

 

[A/N: Sorry for the extra late update. The thing is I have been extra busy being an EXO-L and a student. Also any EXOLs and EXO stans that are reading, do remember to vote in MAMA and stream Monster MV. I swear I'm going to update regularly from now on. Thanks for waiting and taking time to read my story. Annyeong]