Chicken Feet

Temporary Affairs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“When you said you were going to make a scene, I didn’t know you were actually going to faint,” Jongin laughed through the phone. 

“You made me faint, Oppa!  Man up and take responsibility,” you replied, thrashing your legs around in bed. 

“That was hilarious,” he continued to chuckle.  His laugh tickled your eardrums like little honey bees fluttering their iridescent wings against your skin.

“It was mortifying!  It’s going to be all over the newspapers in the morning!” you whined, only making him laugh louder. 

“Oppaaaaaaaa,” you wailed. 

“Go to bed,” he said and you could still hear hints of chuckling. 

“I am in bed,” you spoke, pouting. 

“Then go to sleep.  I’ll pick you up in the morning,” Jongin said.

“By morning you really mean afternoon, right?” you asked and he succumbed to another fit of laughter.  Were you really that funny?

“I’ll see you tomorrow.  Good night,” he said.

“Good night,” you replied and hung up. 

You rolled around bed, in your pjs, trying so very hard to fall asleep but insomnia was taking you captive.  Why did he kiss you?  He probably didn’t hear me tell him to kiss me on the cheek.  I mean, the crowd was pretty loud.  But the thumping of your heart told you otherwise.  Pabo.  Jongin, Pabo!  But his lips were so soft and y and sweet and…NO ________ah, staph.  Staph.    

Despite not getting an ounce of sleep, you got up from bed completely energized.  Giddily, you dug through your wardrobe to pick the prettiest and cutest dress of the bunch.  You slipped on the mint green flowy dress and braided your hair so it looked like a cascading waterfall.  As you bid your mother farewell, you threw on some tall stilettos.  You know…just in case you wanted to kiss him, you didn’t have to tiptoe.

 

The moment you walked out of the house, Jongin was already there, leaning against his car with crossed arms.  Oh you, stop looking so handsome. #^$T##%^%^ 

As always, he opened the passenger door for you and you got in. 

“So, what’s the occasion?  Why are you so dressed up?” he asked, amused. 

Oh, just a date with the world’s most handsome man a.k.a. my fiancé.  (*ꈍ꒳ꈍ*)

“Oh, nothing.  I just felt like it,” you half-lied, “Where are we going?”

“You’ll see…” he teased and you pouted. 

Now that you finally observed, Jongin was quite dressed down today compared to his regular suit and tie.  He had on a gray sweater and his hair appeared soft, his bangs covering his forehead.  I still want to run my fingers through it. 

While you were busy gawking at him, he had already parked the car.

“_______ah, we’re here.  You can stop staring at me now,” Jongin said, turning off the engine of the car. 

Omg.  You hid your face behind your hair.  Flattening his lips to muffle back laughter, he got out of the car and gentlemanly walked around to open the door for you.  With a face of puzzlement, you looked around to guess your destination.  The area was populated with street stalls and small cafés.  You turned to him questionably.  He slipped his hand into yours and nudged you to follow him.  And even though your stilettos allowed you to see Jongin from a new height, they were starting to hurt like crazy.  You hid your grimace from your fiancé. 

He stopped in front of a fried chicken stall. 

“Here?” you questioned.

“Yep,” he replied, pulling out a seat for you to sit on. 

The waiters were very friendly and generous.  They laughed and talked with the two of you, even offering to gift you guys extra wings.  Your gaze fell on Jongin as he smiled genuinely at the waiter’s words.  Unknowingly, you found yourself grinning as well. 

“Does your girlfriend not like you eating fried chicken?” you asked him while gobbling down a wing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter