Your Offer

Temporary Affairs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With a sigh, you sluggishly slipped on a black lace dress.  You didn’t even bother to get your hair done, opting to just leave it straight.  Trudging downstairs, you waved goodbye to your mother and the housemaid. 

It’s been two weeks since you last saw Kim Jongin.  Your mother had been grilling you about his whereabouts and you finally caved in.  Because somewhere deep down, the look of disappointment on you mother’s face scared you more than the time you almost lost your life trying to help a kitten down a tree. 

Hesitantly, you lumbered into the familiar restaurant.  Why be quick anyway, he was going to be late like always.  To your surprise, your date was already situated on your usual table with two entrees in front of him.  He stood up as soon as he caught sight of you.  Walking over, he pulled out your chair out of courtesy and you sat down.                                           

“Long time no see,” he nervously said, breaking the silence. 

“Yeah…” you almost whispered, as you played around with the mashed potatoes on your plate. 

“Do you not like mashed potatoes?  I thought you liked these kinds of food.  We can order something else for you,” he suggested, raising his hand to call over the waitress.

You shook your head and forced on a smile, “It’s fine.  I just haven’t had an appetite.”   

Kim Jongin placed his hand back down on the table and patiently observed you as you continued to stir your food in circles.  What fun, the silence isn’t even awkward anymore.  Unintentionally, you let out a bitter laugh. 

“Hey…are you still mad at what I said last time?” he cautiously asked. 

HELL YEAH YOU DOUCHEBAG.  HOW DARE YOU.  HOW FREAKIN’ DARE YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO ME. 

“No,” you lied with a shrug. 

“Uh…well even if you aren’t…I’m sorry,” he apologized.

Instantly, your head shot up.  Was this arrogant and conceited jerk owning up to his mistake?!  However, as soon as you stared into his captivating eyes, you hung your head low again.

“No…you don’t have to apologize…” you murmurred, staring at your messy food. 

“So…how have you been?” Jongin asked, trying to change the subject. 

This was getting more awkward than when you two bickered 24/7.  Frowning, you fidgeted with a napkin.

“Not much…just being a puppet as usual,” you replied, passively. 

Jongin planted his face into his palm.  Oh yeah, passive aggressiveness: 1.  Kim Jongin: 0. 

“Uh…Do you want to do something today?  You know…instead of always just meeting up for food?” he tried to change the topic yet again. 

Shaking your head, you replied, “Nah…in fact you can just go.”

He almost choked on his food. 

Resuming his composure, he stuttered, “W-What?”

Propping your face up with your hand, you sighed and replied, “You can just go.  Go on a date with your girlfriend.  From now on, you and I can just tell our parents we were on a date.  Just meet back here and drive me home when you’re done.” 

Jongin narrowed his eyes and then held his arms out in defeat, “You’re totally still mad about last time.” 

Hell yeah I am, you asscrack. 

“No, I’m not.  Just go,” you shooed.

Rolling his eyes, he mumbled, “Woman…Is it that time of the month or something?” 

Damn, how did he know…

“Just go have fun.  It’s better for one person to be happy than two people to be miserable together,” you explained, still stirring your now cold mashed potatoes. 

“_______ah…What do you want me to do?  I’m sorry about last time…” he spoke, running his long fingers through his hair in frustration.  Oh, that’s so y.  Do it again. 

You gulped and shook your head back to reality. 

“Just go,” you responded.

He slumped back onto his chair defea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter