The Fight

Temporary Affairs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the first night, you allowed Jongin back into the room for the fear that your in-laws would be suspicious.  But he did not dare to climb onto the bed; instead, he opted to sleep on the floor with a makeshift sleeping bag.  You rolled onto your side and frowned.  How dare he not even attempt to make things better?  What?  Were you married to a pillow or something, because that’s what it felt like judging from the fact that you were sleeping with the pillow and not a human.

“Kim Jongin!” you gritted your teeth, breaking the silence. 

He rolled over on the floor, groaned, and asked in annoyance, “What?”

You scoffed.  Really!?  Now he’s going to act like you’re in the wrong?

Sitting up, you grabbed a pillow and threw it in his direction.  It bounced on his head and spun onto the floor. 

He rolled his eyes and lied back down, covering his head with a blanket.  You gasped.  How dare he ignore you?  Picking up another pillow, you hurled it at him.  Jongin grunted and angrily jolted up. 

“You’re acting like a big baby,” he offensively said. 

Insulted, you sent him a death glare. 

“If it wasn’t for my father, I wouldn’t have married you!” you shouted, crossing your arms. 

He kicked the side of the bed furiously making you flinch back in shock.  You knew he wasn’t abusive or anything but the fact that he hit something so close to your body made tears form on your eyes.  Stubbornly, you turned away so he wouldn’t see. 

“Then let’s get a divorce,” he said in a low tone. 

Instantly, you turned around to look at him.  You tried to tell yourself you had imagined those words spurt out of his lips but deep down you knew it was real.  A droplet landed on your covers, soaking into the fabric.  I can’t believe he just said that. 

“So you can marry Lee Sohee?” you asked, bitterly. 

“Yes.  So I can marry her!” Jongin shouted in frustration. 

And though you were so, so sure that your husband was saying that out of anger, you still felt your heart crack into unrecognizable pieces, descending down your blood shot eyes.  Slowly, you recoiled back into your layers of blankets.  Your soft sobs echoed in the room. 

“Jagiya…I didn’t mean it,” your husband whispered, climbing onto the bed. 

Carefully, he placed his hand on your shaking shoulder but you flung it away.  Your sobs turned into loud wails and you buried your face in a pillow so that the sound didn’t disturb your in-laws from their sweet slumber.  You couldn’t believe it.  Two days into your marriage and you two were arguing enough that your husband already wanted a divorce.

From behind you, you felt Jongin slip into the covers, spooning you into his embrace.  You kicked him on the shin but he only tightened his hug.  Kissing the top of your head, he your side to calm you down.  Though, you were still extremely hurt and furious, calmly but surely, you fell into deep slumber from the warmth of his touch. 

 

When you woke up, your husband was already absent from bed.  Lazily, opening one of your eyes, you checked the clock.  It was already late in the afternoon.  As you sluggishly sat up, Jongin walked out of the bathroom dressed in a suit and tie.  You knocked your head a few times to try to recall if there was an event today.     

“Kyungsoo hyung’s son’s one month celebration,” Jongin answered your unasked question as he fixed his French cuffs. 

Nodding, you slid from the bed to wash up.  No, “Good Morning, Jagiya?”  Fine then.  I am perfectly fine with that.  No, I’m not. :( As soon as you closed the bathroom door, your shoulders slouched.  You hated the fact that your pride made you a coward to admitting your love first.  Roughly, you brushed your teeth as if you were taking your anger out on your poor dental parts.

“Ow,” you whimpered when you jabbed yourself in the cheek. 

You looked around to see if Jongin was coming in to console you but he was nowhere to be found.  So you exaggerated another whimper to catch his attention.  Still, no one.  Sulking, you spat out your toothpaste, rinsed your teeth, and stocked out to grab an outfit. 

“I already picked one out for you,” your husband informed, pointing to the lace red gown on the bed.  Omgosh, that’s such a pretty dress. 

But you rolled your eyes, and continued to dig through your wardrobe.  Jongin snorted. 

“Omma picked it out for you,” he corrected and you paused your digging. 

With a childish pout, you trudged over and picked the gown up.  Omg, it’s so, so pretty.  A small grin crept across your face.  But Jongin’s smirk made you stubbornly retreat your smile.

In the bathroom, you stared at yourself in the gorgeous dress.  The deep V-neck was y but sophisticated.  Turning around, you realized that your entire back was exposed.  A web of crystals lined your y back.  You pushed your hair to one side and pinned it in place. 

Slowly, you opened the door and stepped out.  Seated on the end of the bed, Jongin automatically looked up.  His pupils dilated as they roamed over you from head to toe.  You internally gave yourself a pat on the shoulder.  Seduce Kim Jongin mission success!  Lost in a daze, he stood up and walked over to you.  Your eyes involuntarily rolled back in pleasure when he touched the small of your back.  A blaze of fire started to build inside of you as you tiptoed with your lips puckered.  Jongin automatically leaned in but just as his lips grazed against yours, there was a knock on the door. 

This time, you threw your head back in frustration as you angrily kicked the trashcan in front of you.  It fell over, pouring out its contents.  Your husband chuckled and walked over to open the door.  And yep, you guessed it.  It was your mother-in-law. 

“Are you two ready?  The limo is waiting for you,” Jongin’s mother informed. 

Sighing, you bowed, nodded, and followed her out, with Jongin close behind you.  In the limo, you scooted over to the left, throwing another worthless tantrum.  Your husband only laughed as he scooted closer to you. 

“Oppa…can we just ditch…and do something more meaningful?” you asked. 

“And what would that be?” Jongin teased while he placing his hand on your inner thigh. 

You in air.  Okay so maybe it was more like your husband was trying to seduce you not the other way around.  But omg, you were burning up.  Turning around, you bit your lip.  Your fingers danced on his chest.  With your index finger and thumb, you flicked at a button, exposing a small part of Jongin’s chest. 

“You know…” you whispered into his ear seductively. 

A groan escaped your lips when he felt up your thighs. 

“Oppa…I need you,” you surrendered. 

But the limo stopped and you guys were already at the celebration venue.  Your body slumped back against the car seat.  Why is this so hard?  Dammit.  Chuckling amusingly, Jongin laced his fingers through yours and tugged you out of the car.     

The baby was cute.  Of course, he was cute but you were so furious that he was ing you from your Oppa.  In fact, where was your husband anyway?  Oh right, over there, busy chatting with his friend, Do Kyungsoo.  You couldn’t believe you were jealous of him.  But oh jeez, you saw how they looked at each other and how Jongin smacked that big-eyed boy on the booty.  He better do that to me later too or he’s getting it…  You gritted your teeth.

As you waited impatiently for them to finish catching up, you unknowingly gulped down at least five shots.  Your head was beginning to spin, so you leaned against the wall to balance yourself.  You pouted.  How much longer were they going to keep talking?  Jeez, couldn’t they do it over the phone or something?  You chewed on a piece of ice to cool your body temperature. 

“Hey!  Aren’t you Jongin-oppa’s wife?” a girl tapped you on the shoulder. 

Turning around, you smiled and nodded.

She held her hand out and introduced, “Hi, I am Carmen, Jongin-oppa’s ex-girlfriend.” 

Great.  Another one.  With a suppressed sigh, you wrapped your fingers around her hand and shook it. 

“So how’s it going?” she asked, offering you a shot glass. 

Forcing on a smile, you took it and poured it down your throat. 

“Good.  Very good,” you quipped. 

“You must have a lot of fun at night,” she slyly said.  No, dammit.  I don’t have a lot of fun at night.

“Very,” you answered; the corners of your lips twitched. 

“You know Jongin-oppa was known as the god back in high school, right?” she smirked and turned around to leave. 

Wait, what?  What was she implying?  They didn’t… 

“Wait, hold up,” you grabbed her by the shoulder and she exaggerated a whimper.  Oh come on, I barely touched her. 

“Jongin-oppa doesn’t like girls who are,” she started, looked at you from head to toe, and then added, “crud”.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter