It's Okay, That's Love

Temporary Affairs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For a week, you slept over at Minah’s house, avoiding Jongin at all cost to the point that your phone was never ever on anymore.  As you sat up in bed, you wondered what you were going to do now.  It’s not like you were never going to return home but you just needed some time by yourself.  Beside you, your best friend snored in her sleep.  You shook your head amusingly, kicking the blanket over her head to muffle out her snores.  At least, you had a best friend to cry to because you sure didn’t want to alert your parents about your runaway. 

With a sigh, you lied back down onto the bed but as soon as you do, there was a pressure on your abdomen.  Clutching it, you covered your mouth and sprinted to the bathroom.  The loud noises woke Minah up and she immediately got up to check on you. 

“_______ah?  Are you okay?” she asked worriedly, patting your back. 

You opened your mouth to reply but ended up hovering over the toilet again to vomit. 

“_______ah…are you…pregnant?” she cautiously asked as her patting motions slowed down. 

When you were finally done emptying the contents of your stomach, you stood up straight and nodded in affirmation.  Minah stared at you, tears brimmed on her eyes, which in turn made yours begin to well up too. 

“_______ah!” she exclaimed, wrapping her arms around you in a bear hug, “It will be okay.  If that asscrack doesn’t want to take responsibility, I will raise the child with you!!!”

You separated your hug and laughed, “He doesn’t even know I’m pregnant.”

“What?  Then why’d you leave him?” she asked dumbfounded. 

“That’s a long story…” you began. 

 

—-

Two days later, you sat in a café for a business meeting with a client.  As you sipped your morning coffee, a familiar face showed up a few feet from you.  At first, you pretended to not see him, concentrating fully on explaining to your client the details of a new contract.  However, Jongin stepped forward and hovered over you. 

“________ah…” he called but you ignored him. 

The client looked at you two apprehensively.  You took another sip of your coffee and continued to chat with the client.  Jongin placed his hand on your arm. 

“We have to talk,” he said.  Oh, now you want to talk.  Now you want to talk…

You ignored him again. 

“________ah…” he called, squeezing your arm. 

Finally you looked up at him with a glare, “I’m doing work right now.”

“Well, well.  Who do we have here?” you male client asked, motioning for you to introduce your intruder. 

You parted your lips to speak but Jongin beat you to it. 

“I’m her husband,” he simply stated, then took your hand and dragged you away. 

He stopped at a back corner of the café.  Annoyed, you flung your hand away.    

“KIM JONGIN!” you hissed, “I’m in a business meeting right now.” 

“________ah, I miss you,” he spoke.  The fierce front you desperately tried to keep on began to fall. 

Still, you gritted your teeth and said, “We will talk about this at home.” 

Clicking your heels, you turned around to leave but he spun you around and pinned you against the wall. 

“Tell me why you said that,” he inquired with a hint of hurt so that he was unable to look you in the eye.  His hands held your arms in place as if fearing that once he'd let go, you'd run off and never talk to him ever again. 

“Said what?” you asked, confused.

“I don’t understand why you said that I was treating you like a toy,” he hesitantly explained. 

Rolling your eyes, you pushed against him to escape but his hold on you remained strong.  Why are you doing this to me? 

A tear trickled down your cheeks, despite the fact that you were trying so hard not to cry.  Seeing that, your husband’s grip instantly loosened. 

“Because we don’t even go out in public anymore.  We don’t date, heck, we don’t even talk anymore.  We just have all night, every night,” you confessed, and then added, “you don’t even bother to tell me you love me anymore.” 

“I love you, Jagiya.  I really do,” he replied, bringing your head to his chest. 

As you opened your mouth to respond, you felt the familiar feeling of nausea.  Your hands clasped over your lips and you darted across the hall to the bathroom.  Stunned, your husband ran after you. 

Inside, Jongin patted your back worriedly while you hovered over a toilet.  Holding your stomach, your back began to hurt and your throat felt like it was ripping into shreds.  You ended up sobbing uncontrollably. 

“Jagiya…are you okay?” your husband asked, his handsome face scrunched up into a ball. 

“Just…just go.  Please,” you begged through your tears, “I need some time alone.” 

Jongin hesitated but you harshly flung the stall’s door in his face.  From the narrow slit, you watched him reluctantly retreat.  You rubbed your growing belly and continued to vomit into the toilet bowl. 

—–    

Two weeks passed and your baby bump was beginning to show.  Jongin had constantly sent gifts over to Minah’s place for you, including flowers, necklaces, and sparkling diamonds.  You had no problem ignoring him since you were never a materialistic person.

But staring at today’s gift, you couldn’t do the same.  A small blue box sat on the center if your palms.  Inside were a key and a note that read, “________’s Art Gallery”.  Your fingers grazed over the metal as a tear rolled down your cheek.  You recalled that he did indeed promise to gift you an art gallery you could call your own. 

From behind, Minah placed her chin on your shoulder to peep at the object that had caused you to be in such an emotional state.  You sniffled back tears when she patted your back. 

“Did he buy you a vacation home in Paris?  If so, you should forgive him!” she joked, plopping herself down on the bed. 

You giggled through your tears, “It’s better than that.” 

 

Throwing on a light jacket and your pink bow flats, you walked out of the house to find your poor, lonely husband. 

“Oppa, it must have been hard for you,” you whispered to no one in particular. 

Rubbing your tummy, you skipped happily down the street.  A red Mercedes pulled up in front of you and you grinned widely.  However, because you were semi-stubborn, you wanted to give him a final test.  So instead of walking toward him, you crossed your arms and turned around.  Immediately, you heard the sound of the car door open then slam shut. 

“Jagiya!” Jongin called.

A small smile appeared on your lips but you quickly hid it and feigned a pout. 

“I don’t want to see you,” you faked an angry tone while stomping off. 

He rushed over and surprised you with a tight back hug.  You gasped in shock but relaxed in his embrace. 

“Jagiya…” his voice cracked.  Was he crying? 

Your eyebrows furrowed but you don’t turn around.  Your hubby placed his chin against your shoulder.  Automatically, your hands his shaking arms.  Were you being too harsh?  With a blank expression, you turned around to look at him, but he tightened his hug.  

“Jagiya, I love you.  I really do.  I know you don’t believe me now but I will prove it to you with time.  I will wait for you.  One month, two months, a whole year, even ten years – it doesn’t matter.  I will wait,” he tearfully confessed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter