Lovesick II

Temporary Affairs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When you woke up the next morning, you immediately sniffed in a foreign scent.  It didn’t smell like candies, or ponies, or Barbie dolls that usually lined your princess room.  Instead, it smelled like straight up man.  Confused, you sat your sore body up to examine the invader.  A wool overcoat sat snugged against your small body.  You tried to suppress the smile that crept on your face.  Giggling, you pulled the coat closer to you, taking a gigantic sniff of the scent, before falling back into your warm bed. 

“It’s 2 o’clock in the afternoon and you’re still going back to sleep?” a familiar voice questioned.

Confused, you lifted the covers off your face.  The owner of the voice hovered over you.  You gasped, hiding back into your blankets.  Why in the world was Kim Jongin in your room?  _______ah, you must be dreaming.  You closed your eyes and opened them again to “wake” yourself up.  But he was still looming over you with a tilted grin on his face. 

“W-why are you here?” you stuttered with your face still half hidden in your blanket.  Because…you know who wants their crush to smell their morning breath? 

He chuckled, forcefully ripping his jacket from you. 

“Because someone stole my jacket,” he reasoned.

You pouted.

“Really?  A rich heir like you would be petty enough to take your expensive body up to a girl’s house just to take back their coat?” you inquired, rolling your eyes. 

He does not respond but took a seat on your princess chair, still looking at your direction.  You sat up on bed and planted your face in your hands.  When that didn’t help you wake up, you slapped your cheeks a few times. 

“So are you feeling better today?” he nervously mumbled. 

“Hmm?” you asked, not quite hearing what he said. 

“I asked if your allergies got better,” he said in a much harsher tone. 

“I think so?” you replied, stretching your arms over your head.

Your eyebrow rose as you watched him sigh in relief.  Seeing that he wasn’t leaving, you got up from your bed and trudged over to the bathroom to wash up.  You looked in the mirror and gasped.  Did I really look like that?  You totally fell asleep without washing your make up off last night.  Quickly, you splashed your face with water to wash out the makeup smears. 

As you were brushing your teeth, a wild Kim Jongin showed up.  He leaned against the doorway, staring at your reflection in the mirror. 

“Ever heard of privacy?” you sarcastically asked as you rinsed your mouth. 

“So this is how you look like without makeup,” he teased with amusement written on his face. 

#%%#$^$%&$&%$

You froze in place; your toothbrush fell out of your hand onto the sink.

“GET OUT!” you screamed, pushing the handsome boy out and slamming the door in his face.

His chuckles echoed from the bedroom.  Your face planted onto the sink.   Kim Jongin is going to be the end of me. 

With a freshly cleansed face, you wandered back into your bedroom to retrieve some clothes. 

“Boo!” Kim Jongin said, leaning into your ear. 

You dropped the clothes in your hands onto the floor.  Omg @$#%%# I’m going to strangle his neck and ripped that handsome face of his off his head. 

“Why are you still here?  I already gave you back your jacket,” you tried to calmly say but you ended up gritting your teeth along the way. 

Chuckling, he bent down and picked up a cotton candy pink bra that fell from your hands earlier.  Your eyes widened and you quickly snatched it from his grasp. 

“So, you are a D-cup,” he teased, making you blush bright red. 

Gritting your teeth, you asked again, “Why are you still here, Kim Jongin-ssi?!”

He ignored you.  Instead, he walked over to your wardrobe and started digging through your dresses.  You smacked yourself in the forehead a few times to alleviate the throbbing headache.  After a while, you gave up all together and plopped down onto your princess chair in defeat. 

Silently, you observed as Kim Jongin took a cream-colored one-shoulder dress from your collection.  He motioned for you to stand up.  You obeyed and he placed it against your body.

“Wear this one,” he suggested with eyes sparkling like magical gemstones.  Your heart skipped a beat. 

“W-why?  Are we going somewhere?” you asked, confused.

“Mmhm.  Get dressed.  I’ll wait for you downstairs,” he spoke and turned around to leave.

Puzzled, you stood still in place for a good minute before finally trudging back into the bathroom with your dress in your hand.  As you applied make-up, you pondered what was going on and where you two were headed.  But it finally dawned on you.  He probably wanted to play pretend date again so he could see Sohee.  The butterflies, once fluttering within your chest, vanished without warning to the realization.  With a frown and a sigh, you stuffed the mascara brush back into its container. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter