First Night

Temporary Affairs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Throughout the reception, guests crowded around to congratulate you and your husband on your marriage.  Happily, clinging to your hubby, you bowed and thanked them for their kind words.  You discovered the chatterbox within you had quieted, opting to let Jongin do all the talking while you silently watched him as he laughed and smiled sincerely to the ongoing celebration. 

“Jagiya, you’re staring at me again,” he whispered into your ear.  I know, I’m scared I won’t be able to once you realize you don’t really want me... 

You hung your head in shame.

“But I like it when you do that,” he added, seeing that you took his teasing too seriously. 

Your head lifted and you gazed into his eyes, trying to read his expression.  Instead, he grinned, leaned in, and lightly pecked you on the lips with reassurance.  For a moment, your eyes rolled back and you almost fainted again.  Jongin caught you, chuckling at how familiar this situation was.  And through his sweet-talking and laughter, a small part of your locked heart inevitably revealed itself again.  ________ah, let’s just pretend everything's real.        

A man held out his glass of wine and said, “Cheers to the world’s most attractive couple.” 

You couldn’t help but giggle at the description so you clunked your champagne glass against his and lifted it to your lips.  However, before you could take a sip, the over protective male beside you grabbed the glass and gulped the contents down. 

“You’re sick, don’t you dare drink any alcohol today,” he said in response to your pout. 

“But…Oppaaaaa,” you complained with a pout. 

“No buts,” he firmly said.  You crinkled your nose and stuck out your tongue. 

But even then as you threw your mini tantrum, you couldn’t keep your eyes from roaming around the handsome heir’s features.  Perhaps it was because you hadn’t seen him for a whole month, you needed to take extra glances to cure your longing heart.  Oppa, I love you.  So you did your best to push the negative thoughts to the back of your mind, add a few chippy remarks here and there, and enjoy the moment.    

When the crowd around you guys disperse a bit, Jongin pulled you over to a corner.  You eyed him suspiciously as he poured a glass of wine down a fountain.

“What are you doing?” you inquired, tiptoeing to look over his shoulder.  But, gosh was your husband tall.  You ended up hopping up and down like a bunny to catch glimpses of your husband’s mischief. 

“Here, you can have this,” he held the glass to you. 

Your eyes sparkled, thinking that he finally let you have some alcohol.  However, as soon as you took a sip of the contents, your smile dropped.

“It’s water,” you said with a deadpanned expression. 

“Exactly,” he responded, pinching your nose, “So later when someone congratulates us, you can pretend to drink your ‘alcohol’.”

“Oh gee, thanks dad,” you sarcastically said, though deep down your heart tickled in response to his protectiveness. 

Amused, he responded, “Sorry, Babe, I’m not into .” 

You almost choked on your water.  Laughing, Jongin patted your back to alleviate your sudden coughs.  As you recovered, it finally came to your realization that you were married.  You were really married…which meant you had a husband…which meant tonight…

Burying your face entirely into your palms, you swore you were internally exploding.  You couldn’t even look at a single inch of your husband's physique without feeling like you were being cooked over a campfire.  Desperately, you tried to fan yourself with your hands. 

“Babe, is your fever coming back?” your husband asked, taking a menu from the table to help fan you down. 

“M-maybe…” you stuttered, avoiding eye contact. 

Worriedly, he placed his palm over your forehead and you flinched from the contact.  Electric currents travelled down your spine.  You stared lustfully at his collarbone as he continued to fan you. 

“Jagiya, maybe you should take that off,” he spoke, tugging at your shawl.  You swallowed.

I’ll take everything off.  Meet me at the pit.

“O-oppa…” you sputtered as you stared fervidly at his lips.

Jongin narrowed his eyes and paused his fanning. 

“Oppa…” you called out again, your eyes roamed down his abdomen. 

Immediately, he smashed his lips against yours.  You in your breath, clawing at his shoulders.  Everything was happening way too fast for you to even comprehend.  He on the crook of your neck and you gasped for air.  Your shawl was discarded onto the floor as you roughly ed his shirt.  Tugging on his collar, you kissed him hungrily

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter