Resolution

Temporary Affairs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2017 was coming to a close.  Since your foot was still healing, you were imprisoned in the four walls of your living room.  Silently, you watched as your fiancé sprinted from the kitchen with a slice of pie.  Oh, how much you just wanted to touch your feet against the tiled floors.

“Try it,” Jongin suggested, holding up a spoonful of pie. 

You took a bite and instantly, your face scrunched up.  Okay, so no one’s perfect.  Jongin’s shoulders slumped back in defeat.  He stood up with the plate hovering over the trashcan. 

“NOOO!” you hollered, leaning over to grab his arm. 

“But it’s not good,” he spoke. 

You grabbed the plate, placed it on your lap, and stuffed a spoonful of pie into your mouth.  It was so terribly bitter but you suppressed your urge to spat it out instead you quickly gulped it down. 

“It’s delicious!” you lied. 

“Really?  I made more,” Jongin exclaimed, happily running back into the kitchen.  Crap.  But love is love and love has no taste buds. $#%#%@@%@     

So you gobbled down another slice of the sweet potato pie, still unable to comprehend how your fiancé had the talent to turn something so sweet into this insane bitterness.  He must be a genius.  That’s exactly it. 

“It must be really good.  Let me try some,” he said, taking the spoon from you. 

“Nooo…” you warned but he had already stuffed it into his mouth. 

You snorted and fell over in laughter when his complexion paled.  His eyebrows furrowed and he trudged over to the garbage can to spat it out. 

“You lied,” he accused, still hovering over the trash bin. 

“What? It’s good,” you said stubbornly as you demonstrated by eating another slice. 

He moved the plates aside and sat on the coffee table to look directly into your eyes.  He’s so, so handsome.  Okay, focus, ________ah.  FOCUS. 

“Why are you staring at me?” you asked with a spoon dangling from your mouth. 

“You’re so in love you can’t even distinguish between bitter and sweet anymore,” he concluded.  Spot on. 

You shook your head, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.  I think you need to get your taste buds check.”    

Giggling, you up the rest of the plate and slurped the spoon.  Outside, fireworks started to blast in the distant.  You turned around to look out the window.  It was such a pity that you couldn’t watch outside due to your leg injury, but as long as Jongin was with you nothing else mattered.           

“Hehe,” you cutely mumbled.    

Your fiancé wrapped his arms around you from behind; swaying you from side to side as the official count down began.  You turned around to look at the fireworks through his eyes.   

Ten.

Nine. 

Eight.

Seven.

Six.

Five.

Four.

Three.

Two.

One. 

Automatically, your lips were on top of his.  His fingers laced through your hair as you on his lower lip.  Abruptly, he backed away.  You looked at him hurt by his rejection but upon seeing his disgusted expression, you threw your head back laughing.  Jongin wiped his lip with the back of his hand. 

“Seriously, Jagiya, that pie is so, so bitter”, he complained. 

“Heehee,” you smiled foolishly at him. 

“But I guess love has no boundaries,” he chuckled then leaned in to kiss you again.  Did he just admit that he liked me? @%$@%#$#%  Breath, _________ah, breathe. 

Swi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter