The Ex

Temporary Affairs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dressed in a white off-the-shoulder long gown, that complimented your curvaceous figure, and your long hair tied in a sleek ponytail, you stepped out of the limousine.  As you stood in front of the massive hotel, a familiar handsome man came up from behind and whispered, “Boo!” into your ear.  You shivered but you were getting so used to his prankster greeting. 

“Wow, who is this goddess before me?” Jongin chuckled, holding both your hands out to scrutinize your attire. 

“Goddess?  Where?” you looked around, dumbfounded. 

He stifled back a laugh and replied, “You know…you’re pretty slow sometimes.”

Pouting, you elbowed him in the stomach but he only continued to laugh.  As people began to enter the party, your fiancé held out his arm.  Instinctively, you looped your arm through.  As soon as you entered, you gaped in awe at the vastness of the building.  The ceiling was at least twenty people tall.  Even just looking up at it, you began to feel dizzy.  Jongin held onto you and gave you a queer look.

“Wow, I haven’t been here before,” you spoke, still looking around at the place. 

“Hmm…me either but you make it sound like it’s Heaven or something,” the young man replied with a hint of amusement.

“But it is so beautiful!  Look at the ceilings, and the chandelier lights, and even the decoration.  It’s a masterpiece,” you exclaimed. 

He muffled a laugh.

“Pftt…you know nothing about art,” you your tongue out at your fiancé.

Jongin rolled his eyes, stuffed his hands in his pockets, and followed you as you skipped along the hotel, admiring every nook and cranny of the visually perfect place. 

“I wonder who designed this place…” you pondered out loud.

“Speak of the Devil,” a familiar voice spoke. 

You turned around to come face to face with a tall, young man.  Dressed in a black suit and red tie, he advanced toward you with a smirk spread across his face.  Your heart skipped a beat. 

“Oppa…” you heard your voice call.

Jongin suspiciously narrowed his eyes at you and then at the man.           

“________ah, long time no see,” the mysterious man spoke and then wrapped you into a bear hug.        

From the corner of your eyes, you caught your fiancé clenched his fist.

“Yuta-oppa, long time no see.  How have you been?” you spoke, nervously rubbing the back of your neck. 

“Great!  Oh, _______ah, you’ve gotten so beautiful.  You look absolutely stunning,” he complimented.

Giggling, you held your palms against your blushing cheeks. 

“You don’t look too shabby either, Muscle Boy,” you flirted back. 

Jongin cleared his throat, stepped forward, and pulled you to stand behind him. 

“Hello, I’m Kim Jongin, ________’s fiancé,” he introduced, holding his hand out. 

“Oh, hello.  I’m Shin Yuta, ________’s sunbae from high school,” he replied, shaking Jongin’s hand. 

For a moment, you swore they were exchanging death glares.  Their grip on each other’s hand was so tight; the veins on their arms were evident under the light.  Laughing nervously, you squeezed Jongin’s arm to get him to loosen his hold.

“Yuta-oppa, we actually went to grammar school together too, remember?” you asked, still holding tightly onto Jongin’s arm so that he doesn’t do anything rash. 

“Oh yeah!  We did.  You had those cute pigtails and chubby cheeks,” Yuta responded, pinching your cheek.

Jongin growled at him.  You sent him a look of disapproval.  You mean, you knew that the whole pinching the cheek was totally unnecessary from Yuta’s part but did Jongin really have to growl at him?

Yuta chuckled at your fiancé’s agitated state.  Embarrassed, you bowed in apology for his behalf and excuse yourself.  When you two were finally alone, you narrowed your eyes at Jongin. 

“Oppa, that was so childish,” you spoke, crossing your arms. 

“Whatever,” he coldly replied. 

Your lips parted to counter but you flinched in surprise as someone wrapped her arms around your waist. 

“________ ________!!!!” she squealed. 

Your eyes lit up, immediately recognizing the high-pitched voice.  You turned around, jumping up and down happily to see your best friend, Bang Minah. 

“BANG MINAH!” you shouted back, wrapping her into a bear hug. 

“Omg.  I miss you so, so much.  How have you been?!” she squealed, her lips widened into a big grin. 

“I MISS YOU MORE!” you exaggerated a sob, swinging your best friend’s arms from side to side. 

“Gurl, did you see Yuta-oppa?” she whispered, excitedly. 

“Mhmm..” you replied mischievously with a wink.

“He’s sooo hot,” Minah fangirled. 

“I know, right?” you giggled. 

Beside you, Jongin snorted.       

“Oh…who is this handsome fellow?” Minah asked, turning to your fiancé. 

“Oh, he’s my date, Kim Jongin,” you began.  Your fiancé furrowed his eyebrows at your introduction on his behalf.

“Oh hi, Jongin-ssi.  I’m Bang Minah, _______’s best friend,” she held out her hand. 

Jongin lazily shook it.  You shook your head judgmentally at him.  Okay, it was one thing that he was being an asscrack to a male sunbaenim but to your best friend too?  You just weren’t going to have it. 

“Oppa, she’s my best friend of sixteen years.  Can you be a little more courteous?” you begged. 

Your fiancé frowned and slouched against the wall.  Crinkling your nose, you punched him in the arm, angrily. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter