Chapter 87

18 Years Old Mother

Chapter 87

 

Ji Min stretched his head over the door and saw Min Hyuk and the others started walking away from the hallway. He could see that Min Hyuk didn’t really wanna leave but Peniel persuaded him to.

When he was sure that they’re gone, he walked toward the room’s door and stood in front of it.

He looked at the number 201 blankly for what felt like hours before raising his hand to the knob but still not twisting them.

He was battling with himself whether he should come inside or not.

Half of him wanted to and the other half of him didn’t.

He dropped his hand back to his side until there’s another hand twisting the knob instead.

He looked up and it was Jin.

Jin just looked at him for a split second before stepping inside the room, forcing Ji Min himself to unconsciously follow him in.

Jin stood beside Seo Yeon’s bed, looking at her static body lying helplessly.

Ji Min looked at Jin’s back before went to the other side of the bed, facing him.

As the moment passed by, the tension in the air became thicker and thicker. None of them were saying anything. Only the nothingness filled the air they were currently breathing in. They both just stared at Seo Yeon’s face, eyes closed, thin pale lips.

“It’s my fault.” Jin spoke up, without looking at him.

“It’s MY fault.” Ji Min replied.

“Well, it’s OUR fault then.” Jin said and exhaled as if he was already so tired to argue about anything at the moment.

Maybe he was.

The silence filled in again but not as long as before as Ji Min looked up at him and said.

“I love her.”

“So did I.”

“No, you don’t.” Ji Min replied. “We both know you don’t.”

“How can you be so sure of that?” Jin asked, staring into Ji Min’s brown eyes.

“Few months ago, yes, you love her but not now. Now you don’t.”

“If I don’t, why would I be wasting my time here?”

“Because of guilt. You felt guilty.”

“For what?” Jin asked, challenging.

“For trading her up with your long lost childhood romance.”

Ji Min could see the flicker flashed in Jin’s eyes and his gaze was a little shaken but he didn’t comment on that and instead, waiting for him to reply.

“I’m not trading her up.”

Ji Min rolled his eyes and smirked, feeling quite amuse of his ability in denying the cold, hard truth.

“Hyung. You can’t lie to me. You can lie to yourself but not to me.”

“I’m not lying.”

“Okay then tell me,” Ji Min shoved his hands in the jeans of his pocket. “Since Hae Song noona came back, when the last time you actually spent time with her?”

No answer.

“Since Hae Song noona returned, have your mind slightly, just slightly, ticked with the thought of Seo Yeon?”

No answer.

“Did you find yourself around her? Anymore?”

“That’s because you were with her.” Jin answered.

“Why does that matter?” Ji Min asked.

“Because she loves you!” Jin snapped.

Ji Min slightly startled and was about to say something but Jin cut him off.

“I know I shouldn’t be saying these because I hurt her too. I did too. I admit that. When she was with me, all she thinks about is you. She laughed, she smiled but at the back of her mind, she thought of you. Everything we does together, there’s part of her that she wanted it to be with you. Not me but you. All this while, no matter what I did, she still loves you.”

Ji Min found himself unable to say anything.

“Now you tell me, how am I supposed to live with that? Huh? How can I fully, sincerely love her when she saw you when she looked at me?”

 

***

A/N: Okay, first of all, I'm really sorry for not updating for 844165981892 years. T^T I just begin my university phase and there's a lot to catch up. I'm sorry for those who're waiting for an update. I'll try to make time and write.

Don't forget to COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, UPVOTE and SPREAD this story <3

Love, XOXO

nabell