Chapter 77

18 Years Old Mother

Chapter 77

 

The sound of her alarm screaming the hell out startled her. She grunted and took the pillow to cover her ears until the door of her room opened.

“Rise and shine, baby girl.” Min Hyuk said shortly and went downstairs. She sighed and felt the heat of the sunrays coming through the window. She yawned while stretching her arms.

“Another day in school.” She complained and got herself ready.

She went downstairs and saw Min Hyuk set up the dining table.

“Morning.” He smiled widely and took a seat.

“Morning.” She greeted him back. They started to have their breakfast and talked about random things like they used to.

She decided to walk to school and refused Min Hyuk’s help to send her. He got a lot of works to do anyway.

On the way, she got a message. And it did make her smile.

 

« Have you ever been in love? Horrible isnt it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up – Neil Gaiman »

 

Another message came in when she was in the middle of running to her Precalc class. And she actually stopped to read it.

 

« You dont love someone because theyre perfect, you love them in spite of the fact

theyre not – Jodi Picoult »

 

When the teacher was writing on the whiteboard, her phone vibrated underneath the table. She slowly pulled it out and a message just came in.

 

« Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind. And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind – William Shakespeare »

___________________________________________________________________________

 

“I told you I don’t need you to walk me home.”

“But I wanted to.” Ji Min replied.

“Who can stop you.” Seo Yeon rolled her eyes and looked to the sideways.

“There is this coffee shop that I always dropped by every day and if I must say, they got a really good coffee there. Wanna drop by?” Ji Min asked.

“Yeah, sure.” The two marched to a row of shops by the roadside. And if she must say it, the coffee shop was very attractive. How the wall was painted brown with the color tone increased downward and the wooden door elegantly stood with blackboard stand as the menu or today’s special and offer and the nicely arranged flowerpots with flower which was rather unknown to her and the tiles of the roof that perfectly sculpture like an old mansion.

Ji Min walked to the door and she followed him. The bell clung as he pushed the door, revealing not so much people inside but somehow explained that this coffee shop really has its own class.

Seo Yeon saw a very good looking guy wiping the table and if she needed to state it out, he was captivating. The light brown of the front part of his hair really stand out. He noticed that Seo Yeon was looking at him so he smiled warmly and bowed down since she was the customer anyway.

Ji Min went to the counter and hit the bell on the desk. Seo Yeon looked around the shop and eyed all the decorations on the wall. Everything was really classy and exclusive.

From the counter, Seo Yeon could see a guy was mopping the floor at the other side of the café. He was wearing a black snapback and a whole uniform which the staff would wear. She knew that because the guy that was wiping table was wearing the same uniform too. He was wearing a headphone and his head was moving to the rhythm of whatever the song that was playing. Sometime he would merely dance and the rod of the mop would be his dance partner. He was, how could she say it? A really good dancer for someone who dance with a mop.

“Order sir?” A waiter jogged toward the counter and tapped something on the money machine when he already in front of them. His grey hair flashed out the most.

“A cup of espresso and what do you want?” Ji Min turned his head to look at her. Seo Yeon flinched a bit and looked at him back.

“Um, mocha?”

“And a cup of mocha please.”

“Drink here or takeaway?”

“Drink here.” Ji Min answered.

“Coming right up.” He tapped the machine for the last time.

“Let’s go and sit there.” Ji Min slightly pushed her back since she was too consume looking at the grey haired waiter at the counter.

“Are there only male staff here?”

“Yup. Which explain why there always ONLY girls as the customer.”

“Except you.” She mocked him. “Are you, gay or something?”

“You know I ain’t one Seo Yeon. You know I ain’t one.” He smirked meaningfully.

“Yeah, right?” she said sarcastically.

“This is your-” Before the sentence could come to the end, Seo Yeon felt a gushed of hella hot water spilled on her school uniform.

“What the ?!” She yelled as she jumped out of her seat. It was hot. Really hot. HELLA HOT.

“Oh, Jesus!” Ji Min quickly stood up from his seat and went to her. “Are you okay?”

“ no!” she said and was trying to washed away the brown liquid from her shirt using her hands.

“I’m sorry! It was my mistake! I’m sorry! I really am! Please forgive me!” The waiter bowed repeatedly and quickly that she couldn’t see his face. His red hair pumped up and down as he kept bowing for an apology. She couldn’t see his face fully but she could still recognize that voice.

“M-Mark?” she guessed. That waiter stopped bowing halfway before slowly lifted up his face and grinned innocently.

“Hey,” he picked up his palm and waved merely. “Seo Yeon.”