Oh hello there

If you're pretty, you're my noona!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Noona, where are you going?"

I paused mid-step and walked over to where my younger brother, Jisung, was sitting on the couch doing his homework.

We lived alone and it had been this way for as long as I could remember it. From what I could remember of our parents, they left us when Jisung was only a toddler and we had only each other to count on. We were fully on social support, but ever since I was twenty one years old and working, we were discharged from the care of social workers. Naturally, I was almost as protective of Jisung as I would my own son. I would protect him from anything and everything - including my own vices.

"Just going to visit my friends, don't stay up late if I don't return by nine, arasso?" I ruffled his hair fondly. Jisung nodded obediently. "Come back early, noona! And have fun!"

I pecked his forehead affectionately and he winced a little, inciting a chuckle from me. They grow up so fast.

I was going to a bar, but of course I wasn't going to tell my 13-year-old brother that. This day was the day that our parents left us - 13th of November. Jisung doesn't know this, of course, he was too young then to realise the implications. But I did, and the bitter gnawing at my heart never left even ten years on. 

I hailed a cab to one of the bars downtown and felt right at home in the dimly-lit atmosphere, jazz music and the tinkling of glasses. "One bourbon, please." I lightly raised my voice over the music and the bartender nodded, recognising me as a regular.

"Good taste."

I turned to my left in surprise. I didn't notice there was someone sitting one seat away, I was too caught up in my thoughts. But there was indeed a young man, who looked about twenty-ish with the quintessential pretty boy looks and a devastatingly charming eye smile that crinkled up his eyes into half moons.

"Thanks," I replied, noticing that he had ordered the characteristic golden drink too. "Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter