The Note's Confession - Jihoon

Always

 

My stomach always felt squirmy whenever he looked at me. I never understood the reason why until he started to smile at me. It was warm and I felt loved whenever he flashed it my way.

I admit he gets on my nerves all the time; hugging and squeezing me without warning, but I secretly enjoy them. I just wish one of those hugs came with a confession. Him telling me that he loves me and wants me to be his forever.

A bit far-fetched but it's my dream so let it be.

When I saw the note with his name on it on my desk I couldn't help the smile that slowly formed on my face. I tucked the note away and waited until after dinner  to read it.

I had just finished reading the note when he walked in. I quickly slide it under me and tell him I want to talk.

I get nervous. What if the note was a trick or just a joke? I don't want my heart to ache. Not again.

He starts to ramble, which easily irritates me. That’s until I really listen to his tone and his words. The way he speaks makes it seem like he--no, it can't be. He shouldn't like me. Not someone with the temper of a wildcat. Not someone who can barely reach the second pull up bar in the gym. Not me. He just can't...

“...I wished you would have written it yourself," I brace myself once I speak. Corny as it may seem, I wish it was his handwriting on that piece of wrinkled up paper that’s pressed under me. His writing telling me how much he loves my voice and how he wishes it would sing to him each night.

"Jihoon. I-I...would it be better if I told you instead?" He says in a whisper. It's soft, very different from his deep-toned but clumsy Daegu dialect that I'm used to. I stare at him and nod since the words I want to say get caught in my throat.

He stands up suddenly, "Lee Jihoon, I first fell in love with your voice. That delicate voice that cradles me at night and gently wakes me in the morning." He starts walking and my body freezes. He's getting closer too fast. What if he can hear the off-tempo beating of my heart? Will it scare him away?

"I then fell for how you would react to the things I do. The way you would get mad whenever I embrace you. Strangely, you yelling in my ear and cursing at me is like sweet music to me. Then when I learned more about you, there was no turning back from how I was feeling. How I am feeling."

He makes it to my side of the room, hovering over my sitting body. I stare up at him.

He smiles with the same curve to his lips that makes my knees weak; that causes the cliche swarm of butterflies to flutter in my stomach.

“Seungcheol hyung...,” I trail off as I get lost in his eyes, my body moving on it’s own and lifting me off my bed. My face heats up from the closeness of our bodies and from his hands suddenly cupping my cheeks. His hands must be burning from the touch but I wouldn’t be able to tell. His eyes were staring back so lovingly.

“Jihoon, can I?” His voice is still so soft but so little is said. Yet I fully understood his request and lift my hands to place them over his. “Yeah. I want you to.”

Within a second of my answer his eyes shut and he leans towards me, his lips finally making contact with mine. A shock runs through my spine and my head explodes from a feeling I never thought I would feel. My eyes soon close as I press into the kiss. My hands move to his chest and weakly grip his shirt. I feel light, like I could float away right now. I want to feel like this forever.

Such a moment, however, is short-lived when he pulls away, his lips still hovering over mine. I open my eyes to see his smile still resting on his face. It’s contagious enough to make me smile back despite my heart beating heavily from the overwhelming emotions. He moves his hands from my cheeks to grabs my hands, which are still attached to his shirt.

“Jihoonie, will you, um…,” he tucks his bottom lip between his teeth and looks away from me, his nervousness only causing me to chuckle. It’s kind of cute but I would never tell him. Yet again I catch on to what he wants to say and nod, “Yes, I will go out with you.” The look on his face was hilarious and, if I wanted to ruin the moment, I would have bursted into a fit of laughter.

I’m going out with Seungcheol, the Seungcheol; oh, how will the news spread so far.

Author's Note

So so so so sorry for taking years to update the story. I'll try to do better in updating at reasonable times. I have decided to include the other members and connect the stories so everything will come full circle! Yay! More work for me! Let me know what you think and take care!