It Started With a Note - Seungcheol

Always

My heart always fluttered whenever he sung. His voice was gentle and sweet. I could taste each note he would spill past those lovely lips of his. Those lips I always wished would brush against mine in a teasing manner. Those lips that I see him nibble on when he's nervous. God, what I would do to make those lips mine.

 

I restrain myself everyday. I tease and pester him. He hates any form of affection so I hug him and laugh at his reaction. I wish though that when I hug him, I can confess to him how I feel. A joke I bitterly laugh at because I know he'll reject me. He's rejected others in the past, saying that they were liking him for the wrong reasons.

What if why I like him is wrong to him? How would he react if he found out that I fell for his voice, then his personality, then everything else just fell in place to make him perfect in my eyes? I wish I knew before my friend decided to tell him.

Today, Jun thought he was helping me out. He was getting tired of me drowning in my one-sided romance and left a note in my behalf. On it is everything I just mentioned and more.

 

I could just choke him! "Why the hell would you do that? I have no choice but to see him after dinner!" Jun just shrugs with his smile crooked up in a smirk, "Not my problem. I'm not the one who fell for his roommate. It was about time you told Jihoon anyway. I heard Soonyoung was going to ask him out and you know no one can say no to him."

 

He was right. Soonyoung had the reputation to never being declined by anyone. He never had his heart broken; he was the heartbreaker instead. I don't want to see him break Jihoon's heart.

 

But I don't want to make Jihoon uncomfortable either. Well now I don't have a choice. My heart will be the first to get broken.


"Hey. We need to talk." I barely had a foot through the door of the room when I hear his voice, that unforgettable voice, say such a nerve-wrecking sentence. "Oh, alright. What's up?" I make my way to my bed and choose the spot that faces him but I refuse to look at him. I know why he wants to talk and I don't want to talk. I want to just do what I usually do quietly while he hums a random melody with his tasks.

 

"It's about that note. The one you left on my desk this morning. I read it. And I-" "Look, it was my friend who actually left it. He thought he was helping me by doing so and I swear I didn't want that to hap-" "Hey! Shut up! Let me talk." I shoot my head up and see him glaring at me. It's cute but I dare not express it out loud as I do when I . I keep my lips pursed together and listen as told. "Better. Listen, I really appreciate the note your friend gave me to help you and all but, truthfully..." You don't like me back? You think it's creepy? You don't want me to be your roommate anymore? Any form of these could break my fragile heart. I feel my eyes burn as the tears prepare themselves to escape onto my cheeks and hands. "...truthfully, I wished you would have written it yourself."

 

 

 

Author's Note

Should I continue? How would you feel if I include the other members of the group, like interconnecting stories or something?