002) It reminded me of you

100 Ways to Say

Tao paced around his living room, constantly checking on his cellphone that was laying on the sofa.

“Oh my god!” Tao groaned as he began to feel anxious. Suddenly, the cellphone lets out a buzzing sound. Tao instantly dives for the device, clutching it for dear life. He unlocked his phone to find a new message from his friend.

“Yes! Thank you!” Tao cheered before he ran to his room. He pulled out several articles of clothing until his closet looks almost barren. Skinny jeans, leather jackets, shirts, and various Gucci accessories littered the floor of the once tidy room. The sound of the doorbell ringing brought Tao out of his scavenging spree. He rushed to the door and opened it to reveal two silver-haired males, one shorter and the other slightly taller than Tao.

“So, what do I have to work with?” the shorter of the two asked as he let himself and the other male in.

“Three hours, no clothes to wear, tons of Gucci, and someone who has no idea what to do or wear.” Tao replied. The shorter male chuckled.

“Oh, please. That’s nothing the Great Baekhyun can’t handle.” The short male, Baekhyun boasted before making his way to Tao’s bedroom. Tao looks up at the taller man, slightly worried.

“Chanyeol-hyung, you think he can do it?” Tao asked the taller male, Chanyeol.

“If he can make me look good, everything’s okay.” Chanyeol said.

“That’s what I’m worried about.” Tao remarked playfully, receiving a half-hearted glare from Chanyeol.

A couple hours later, Tao was wearing black skinny jeans, a half-tucked, white button up, a slightly large, grey sweater, black and white, checkered converse, and a Gucci belt. He was seated down, make-up finished, as Baekhyun was smoothing out Tao’s hair. Just then, the doorbell rings.

“! He’s early!” Tao panicked. He quickly thanks Baekhyun before grabbing his wallet and keys.

“Remember! He’s pretty laidback. He loves basketball and is a messy eater.” Chanyeol called out to Tao. Tao nodded to himself before he opened the door to find a male who was slightly taller than Chanyeol smiling down at him, his copper-orange hair tousled neatly.

“Wow! You look great.” The male said.

“Th-Thanks, Kris. Not too bad yourself.” Tao said.

‘Oh god. Did I just stutter? Did I really just say, “Not too bad yourself?” Pull yourself together, Tao!’ Tao thought as Kris led him to his car. Despite Tao’s earlier thoughts and insecurities, the date went pretty well. They went to the movies first, having a slight disagreement about what kind of movie to watch. In the end, Kris won the coin toss. They ended up watching, more like Kris was watching and Tao was curled up beside him, a horror movie. Currently, they are at the mall to eat at a nice pizza restaurant. Tao had to hold back his chuckle as he watched Kris devour his fifth slice of meat-lover’s pizza.

“What’re you smiling about over there?” Kris asked after wiping his mouth and hands.

“Chayeol’s right. You are a messy eater.” Tao said with a chuckle.

“He has no room to talk. He’s just as bad. Especially during off-season.” Kris joked at the expense of his absent friend. Tao chuckled so more as he and Kris talk about school, their friends, and their part-time jobs. Kris then excuses himself to the restroom, leaving Tao to himself. Thirty minutes passed and Tao begins to think that he must have been ditched.

‘Was I boring? Did I do something wrong? Did I look angry the whole time? Was it because I didn’t even look at the screen during the movie?’ Tao’s thoughts began to torture him before Kris sat in his seat in front of him, putting the poor boy out of his misery by telling him he already paid for the food. Tao frowns slightly.

“Let’s go. I wanna take a walk around the park.” Kris said, offering a hand to Tao. Tao looked at the hand then Kris’s face before taking his hand. Once they arrived at the park, Tao took a deep breath, enjoying the fresh air. They stopped by a pond, watching the waters ripple at every movement of the inhabitants.

“Tao, I have something to say.” Kris said causing Tao to turn his gaze to him. Tao gives Kris a nod before biting his lip out of nervous habit.

“I really need to apologize for this date. I feel you didn’t enjoy yourself.” Kris said, furrowing his brows. Tao immediately shook his head.

“No, you don’t need to apologize. I did enjoy myself. Really!” Tao insisted.

“Are you sure? I shouldn’t have insisted on that horror movie, and I’m pretty sure my chewing wasn’t attractive to you.” Kris explained. Tao chuckled at the last bit.

“I’ll admit, I was so excited when you asked me out. I’m a big scaredy-cat when it comes to ghosts and stuff though, but I never said you looked bad while eating. You actually look kinda cute when you do it.” Tao said, his sincerity plan as day. Kris let out a relieved sigh.

“I’m glad you accepted. Like, seriously. I’m really happy that you agreed to go out with me. A-Anyways, take this.” Kris stuttered nervously as he handed a small gift bag to Tao. Tao looked at Kris questioningly before looking in the bag. He gasped slightly as he pulled out the Panda plushy.

It reminded me of you. My friends like to make fun of your dark circles, but that's one of the things I find most attractive about you. Other than your smile, of course.” Kris said as he watched Tao hug the stuffed toy to his chest. Tao gave Kris a bright smile, the corners of his eyes crinkling as a couple of stray tears gathered in his eyes from what Kris had said.

“Thank you, Kris! This is the nicest thing anyone has ever said or done for me!” Tao said before he placed an excited kiss onto Kris’s cheek which resulted in the taller male to flush a million shades of red. Once Kris’s cheek regained their normal hue, Kris and Tao continued to walk and talk around the park, walking shoulder to shoulder in the cool autumn evening.


AN:

Man, this was longer than I had anticipated it to be. I as hoping for it to be shorter, but I guess that's what I get for watching Taoris moments videos on YouTube.

Thanks to myjongdick's lovely comment. I decided to post this one up today. I really like to hear feedback. It helps me push out chapters.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed it. The next drabble is called, "No, no, it's my treat." featuring Sulay.

Catch you later!

~V