001) Pull over. Let me drive for a while.

100 Ways to Say

Trying his best to stay awake, Baekhyun darted his eyes around. Everywhere from the rearview mirror to the speedometer, his eyes left no space in front of him unseen. Subconsciously, he took a few side glances to the sleeping figure to his right. His attention, however, was mostly on the road.

“We’ll be home soon, Channie.” Baekhyun whispered to the sleeping figure. His eyes concentrated on the vast road ahead. The best he could do in the outlying darkness was to see whatever could be touched by the headlights. Looking into the rearview mirror, Baekhyun could make out another driver who seems to be tailgating him. Heaving a sigh, he signaled over to the next lane. Just as he was about to switch over, the tailgater did the same.

“What the?” Baekhyun blurted out. He decided to turn off the signal light to cancel his lane switch. As soon as he done so, the tailgater did the same.

“Is he for real?” Baekhyun asked no one in particular after letting out a sigh in exasperation. Suddenly, the tailgater sped up before passing Baekhyun, narrowly missing him.

“That idiot!” Baekhyun let out in utter frustration as he glared at the speeding car.

“Baek, what’s wrong?” a deep, sleep-laced voice called out to him. Baekhyun instantly knew whose voice it was.

“Channie, I’m okay. Just go back to sleep.” Baekhyun said. Chanyeol shook his after positioning his chair in the upright position.

“No, it’s okay. I’ll stay up with you.” Chanyeol said as he grabbed Baekhyun’s right hand. He automatically gave it a squeeze and interlaced their fingers. Baekhyun smiled gratefully at the big-eared giant before keeping his attention on the road. Chanyeol, on the other hand, kept his eyes on Baekhyun the whole time. Every time Baekhyun closed his eyes for too long, Chanyeol would give his hand a squeeze just for Baekhyun to open them again. Baekhyun would smile apologetically after every squeeze. He would turn to look at Chanyeol, his Chanyeol, but not as often as he would like.

When another tailgater started messing with Baekhyun, Chanyeol’s face pulled a scowl. Baekhyun managed to stay come until the tailgater almost hit him. Twice. Chanyeol then slowly reaches over with his other hand and honked the horn on the wheel.

“Chanyeol!” Baekhhyun yelped in surprise.

“What?” Chanyeol asked nonchalantly.

“What was that about?” Baekhyun asked.

“The guy was a . He didn’t even signal.” Chanyeol answered.

“But Channie.” Baekhyun said with a reprimanding tone. Chanyeol sighed when he heard the tone in his fiancé’s voice.

“Alright. Pull over. Let me drive for a while.” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun turned to him before quickly turning back to the road.

“Channie, it’s fine-”

“Baek, just pull over.” Chanyeol interrupted. Baekhyun almost found himself gawking at Chanyeol’s authority. He quickly signaled into the shoulder of the road before setting the car into park.

Immediately after putting the vehicle into park, Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol who was already doing the same. Chanyeol then traced his finger over Baekhyun’s facial features. His finger glided over smooth cheeks, cute, little nose, pink lips, and soft jawline. He leaned in close, letting his fiancé smell his cologne, knowing that the gesture easily calms down Baekhyun. As Baekhyun inhaled the scent, Chanyeol allows his lips to ghost over his forehead.

“What’s wrong, Baekhyun? Why so intent on driving?” Chanyeol asked in concern, his voice still a little heavy from his nap. Baekhyun looked up into Chanyeol’s warm gaze, knowing that hiding his feelings from his future husband would be futile. He inhaled Chanyeol’s scent one more time before looking straight into Chanyeol’s eyes once more.

“I heard everything. I tried not to listen while I was with your mom, but I couldn’t. . .” Baekhyun said, his voice trailing off. Chanyeol thought back to the evening’s earlier incident. He remembered the argument with his Dad clearly.

“Baek, you’re fine. I don’t care what he has to say. What he thinks about our engagement is not important to me. What’s important to me is your happiness, your wellbeing, and how deep our love for each other goes. Besides, my mother is all for it.” Chanyeol said these words easily, not a second of hesitation.

“Channie, I know how much family means to you. I know having your dad yell at you like that must be hurtful in some way.” Baekhyun replied, reaching for Chanyeol’s hand. Chanyeol gladly gave it to him and squeezed his hand tenderly.

“I won’t lie and say it doesn’t hurt because it does. He’ll get over it eventually. What matters right now is you, so please let me drive. I know you’re driving for me because you’re concerned, but I’m not as tired as you would think. I expected that to happen. You were there to support me and just happen to hear all the he said about you. Now please, let me drive for you, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol spoke his heart to Baekhyun. Baekhyun was in slight shock hearing such deep, meaningful words coming out of his giant fiancé’s mouth. His lips stretched into a soft smile before he leaned up to give Chanyeol a chaste kiss on the lips. When they pulled away, Chanyeol exited the car and Baekhyun maneuvered into the passenger. Once Chanyeol was situated in the driver’s seat, he took Baekhyun’s hand into his larger one before putting the car into drive.

“Let’s go home, Baek.” Chanyeol said to his soon-to-be-husband, pressing his lips onto the small, silver engagement ring on Baekhyun’s hand.

 


 

AN:

Please give me honest feedback. I would much appreciate it. I hope this is good though. I tried to make it fluffy, so I hope that's what this is.

The next chapter/drabble is, "It reminded me of you," featuring Taoris.

See you later!

~V

PS: If anyone thinks I should have a cover image for this drabble series, let me know.