012) Take My Jacket, It's Cold Outside

100 Ways to Say

Luhan sat back and watched all the chaos around him. Inside the already cramped apartment that he shared with the silent and violent Kyungsoo and the constantly savage and baked Yixing, mayhem ensued from the eleven, more like ten, other young adults in the room. Scanning his surroundings, Luhan downed his fifth can of cheap beer as he watched people either make out, sing obnoxiously, or drink. The usually quiet and reserved Kyungsoo was singing loudly and off-key to RnB songs while stripping. Kyungsoo’s boyfriend, Jongin, constantly forcing the inebriated man’s shirt down and pants up. Yixing, who looked intoxicated rather than baked, was pinning his boyfriend, Joonmyeon, against a wall as he ground on the shorter man and gave him hickeys. Baekhyun and Jongdae were having a sing-off, more like a scream off, as their boyfriends, Chanyeol and Minseok, egg them on. While one of the calmer of their crazy bunch, Zitao, was out after one drink, Yifan, his soon-to-be boyfriend, laid down with him to sleep.

Luhan’s eyes wandered to observe each of his friends before landing on a familiar sight. There he was in his ethereal and stoic grandeur. Standing off to the side and observing those around him as he took small sips out of his can of beer was Sehun. Luhan’s had his eyes on the man ever since Joonmyeon introduced him as his adorable little cousin, though nothing about him was little. He never paid it any mind though. He just saw him as one of their crazy and out of control group, which he soon discovered wasn’t the case. Each person in his group of friends had a distinct personality, trait, or talent that made them different. Aside from his illecebrous looks and how fit he is, nothing really stood out from him. He didn’t seem to have much of a defining trait to him. At least not until he got to talk to him for the first time.

Aside from his slight lisp, Sehun is a genius and a gentleman. There’s no other way of saying it. He’s smart, intelligent, and probably competition to people like Hajime Kindaichi, Sherlock Holmes, or Spencer Reid (If you know these names, you’re a trooper. If you don’t, I apologize for being a dork. You may continue). He just wasn’t fond of showing it. He only showed when necessary, which usually drove him to stand off to the side during hectic gatherings like these. Sehun was indeed a smooth talker and could absolutely get what he wanted by simply using his words. He could manipulate beyond ruin.

But for all he’s worth, Sehun never attempted such things. He believed that things earned without hard work or integrity weren’t worth anything, which is why Sehun never really liked freebies unless it was food or drink, and even then, he found a way to pay it back. He was referred to with much esteem, but he hated that. The attention. The special treatment. The isolation. He hated it all.

So, when Luhan came whirling into his life, he found him to be the freshest breath of air he has had in a while. Luhan made him feel normal rather than a “God.” Luhan’s expectancy for Sehun to treat him with respect like he would anyone older made him happy rather than irritate him like it did most. Luhan reprimanded him if he did something wrong, even if it was something as simple as bumping into someone. Luhan treated him like anyone else, and Sehun loved it.

After a while though, Sehun didn’t want that anymore. He wanted Luhan to only see him and want him. He himself didn’t understand this desire until Joonmyeon explained to him his own feelings for Yixing when he had to write a short story on the topic of love. Sehun, wanting Luhan to notice him, began to do things for him like buy him dinner after class or help him with his assignments if he needed it. But by the start of his second year of university, Luhan still didn’t see him that way, or at least Sehun didn’t think so. Luhan, however, did notice that Sehun’s methods were starting to become more and more noticeable. He wasn’t always fond of attention in general, but he didn’t dislike it. In fact, he reveled in having Sehun’s attention. But after a while, just having Sehun’s attention wasn’t enough. He wanted more. He didn’t just want Sehun’s attention anymore, he wanted Sehun. But he felt that that was a selfish and slightly possessive thought.

So, when Sehun looked back at him, his gaze was naturally piercing yet held a softness that only Luhan could seem to catch, he couldn’t help but feel the embarrassment creep up on him. His eyes quickly darted away from Sehun’s. His heart rate kicked up and his face grew hot. Mixed with the elevated dopamine levels from his alcohol consumption from that night and his desire for Sehun, he wanted to drag Sehun into his room and let him have his way with him.

Instead of doing that, however, Luhan quickly pushed passed the scream off going on beside him before stepping outside of the apartment and unto the balcony. The cold night breeze nipped at his alcohol reddened cheeks. Normally, this cold would do all for him. With the alcohol in his system, his blood was thinner, and the heat left his body faster. He slapped his cheeks a couple of times before rubbing his hands together.

“Get your together, Han,” Luhan said to himself. He shook his head and sighed.

“You shouldn’t be thinking of him like that. He probably doesn’t see you that way either,” he said to himself. He crossed his arms and leaned on the balcony. He lets out a puff of air from his lungs through his mouth and watched it condensate into little clouds in front of him. The thought of his feelings not being returned made him slightly depressed. His hands balled up into fists. He sighed and watched his breath condensate again.

Lost in his own thoughts, Luhan didn’t hear the door sliding open and shut nor did he feel the presence of the man dominating his thoughts behind him until said man brushes his shoulder against Luhan’s to lean on the balcony railing with him. Luhan and Sehun turn to look at each other before both quickly face forward to avoid eye contact. The silence between both males was louder than the racket going on inside. Sehun cursed at himself for his lack of planning when he set his beer down on a counter to join Luhan, and Luhan cursed himself for not thinking that Sehun could come out here. The two stood there quietly and awkwardly. The worst combination. They gazed at everything but each other. The cold, crisp autumn breeze slowly sobered up the men and caused them to become more self-conscious.

Although the air between the two was awkward, they didn’t move an inch to separate themselves. They stayed next to each other, shoulder to shoulder. That probably explains why Sehun could feel and hear Luhan shivering beside him. Without another word, Sehun stands up straight and begun to take off his jacket. Luhan hears the rustling behind him and turns around to find an article of clothing shoved in his general direction.

Take my jacket, it’s cold outside,” Sehun said. Luhan stared, slightly dumbfounded at the action since he swore that he wasn’t obvious about his weak resistance to the cold. He was about to refuse when Sehun wrapped the jacket around him and zipped it up, which caused the protest to die in his throat. Sehun leans back on the railing, avoiding eye contact with the elder. Luhan’s mouth is slightly agape before a soft smile slowly forms on his face.

“Yah! I’m still your hyung. Respect me,” Luhan said before leaning against Sehun and the railing. Sehun hears the lilt in his hyung’s tone and finds himself rocking a crooked grin on his usually stoic features.


AN:

So, I think I've been gone for almost a year. Gosh, I'm so inconsistent, aren't I? I think the only consistency I have is how inconsistent I am. Anyways, I just uploaded like four shots and will be working on six more. If you haven't seen the eighth shot, Take my Seat, that's up too, which makes that five shots. I will work on like a chapter or two of the Miss Peregrine's EXO parody, Madame V's Home for Peculiar Children. When I post those chapters, we should be having weekly updates on both stories. I might slip every now and then from here because I am working on other projects, and I'm now posting on my Wattpad account, which is Vicki Reliya. On that account, I will be posting my Seventeen fanfics. I've started on my songfics, Seventeen BxB Song Shots, and I will be working on my SVT fanfictions, Finding my Power in You and Free me From Myself, which I've advertised to have inconsistent updates. If you guys want to see those fanfics here too, I'll post them if there's enough interest.

To end this, I would like to thank those who waited for these shots and chapters. I know I promised these updates before, but I'm going to do that from now on. I've decided that I was going to write whether or not I thought I was good enough. Please look forward to my future shots, chapters, and works.