005) I'll Walk you Home

100 Ways to Say

AN at end. . . If you're interested.


“I’m being for real, Sehun-ah. We saw them!” Chanyeol said with wide eyes.

“He’s not kidding this time. I was there too.” Baekhyun chimed in to back up his boyfriend.

“Oh, really? Please enlighten us with the fabulous story as to how you saw the killer clown.” Sehun said, the sarcasm in his voice apparent, as he rolled his eyes at his hyungs.

“Fine then. I’ll do it. Channie and I were in his bed. We were making out a little, you know? A little to heat up our lo-”

“Baekhyun-hyung, please spare us the details of your capades.” Tao deadpanned. Baekhyun shot a dirty look at Tao only to clear his through and looked away when Kris sent him a glare.

“Anyways. Where was I? So, we’re in bed, doing stuff. Then all of a sudden, we hear this loud horn sound. You know the bicycle horns that sound like rubber duckies? Well, that’s what we heard. So, Channie got up and looked out the window. I followed him, and that’s when we both saw the damn clown. I wouldn’t have given a if it weren’t for the fact that it had a demented smile painted on its face and a freaking machete.” Baekhyun said, his hand gestures and facial expressions animated as he explained the story.

“Wh-What happened after?” Luhan said, clinging tightly unto Sehun’s arm. Sehun looked over at his deer of a hyung, his ears turning a slight shade of red as Luhan clutched on his arm.

“So, pretty much, I closed the curtain because I was pretty sure that it was someone ing around, but I decided to arm the security system to make Baekhyun feel better. For extra measure, I got Baekhyun to sleep while I stayed up to call the cops and wait. Luckily, he was actually arrested so I got some sleep eventually.” Chanyeol said. Looking at his group of friend’s space, he saw that they were all slightly spooked with exclusion of one.

“So, the clown guy is in jail now, right?” Kyungsoo said, his tone and his face showed his disinterest. Inside, he had the chills.

‘What the ? Killer clowns? Are you freaking kidding me!?’ Kyungsoo was actually panicking in the inside, but his face showed no such emotion.

“You could at least fake some interest in the story. He’s not even trying to troll us this time. That story was actually on the newspaper.” Suho said.

“For real?” Chen said.

“Yeah, I have it right-” Suho was interrupted.

“You actually read newspapers?” Chen said, an impish grin taking form on his face. Xiumin sighed before punching his troll of a boyfriend on his arm.

“Ow! Minnie, what was that for!?” Chen said. His lips formed a pout as he looked at his boyfriend.

“Play nice. Suho’s your hyung. Anyways, let’s get going. Class is gonna start soon.” Xiumin said as he dragged his protesting boyfriend out of his seat.

“Is it that weird that I read the newspaper?” Suho said to Lay who was pulling him off the ledge he was sitting on.

“Let’s go to class. Don’t worry too much about Chen-ah.” Lay said as he held Suho’s hand and walked with him to class.

“Probably time for us to head out too. Let’s go, Baek!” Chanyeol said. He put his arm around Baekhyun and walked him to class. Kris and Tao used to opportunity to leave quietly. Sehun and Luhan chose to do the same. Leaving a frightened penguin named Kyungsoo and an almost clueless boy named Jongin.

“So, uh, Kyungsoo-hyung. . . I guess this means we should head to class. Want me to walk you?” Jongin said. Kyungsoo registered Jongin’s words slowly as his mind was still running a mile a minute because of the clown story.

“Yeah, sure.” Kyungsoo said casually. He pat himself on the back for being able to keep his voice from trembling as he walked with Jongin slightly in front of him. Although Jongin was clueless most of the time, he could always tell when his hyung, his favorite hyung to be precise, was a bit off. Ever since that clown story, everyone has been a bit freaked out. Even Kyungsoo was slightly thrown off, which was hard to tell with how lethargic, indifferent, and stoic he was most of the time, but the barely noticeable tremor of his hands were enough to tell

“Hyung, we’re in front of your class. See you at lunch. . . Oh, and, text me if you need anything.” Jongin said, not really sure how to console his hyung. Kyungsoo blinked a couple of times before looking up at Jongin. He smiled appreciatively before hugging his dongsaeng and entering class.

Throughout class, Kyungsoo was only half aware of what his teacher was saying. Most of the time, he was thinking about the clown story. He hated clowns in general for not being funny and pretty much how creepy they looked in general, but now he hated them for an entirely different reason. Ever since that whole killer clown craze in America, he was slightly more cautious of them. He researched them out of curiosity, but the stuff that he found was not exactly settling. He slowly began to develop a fear of clowns. When he was told this morning by Baekhyun and his idiot boyfriend Chanyeol that they saw a killer clown, he was beyond freaked. Imagine how much worse it was for him when Suho confirmed the story himself with the newspaper.

‘I just want this day to be over.’ He thought.

Jongin’s day was similar except his was not so clown-centric. Go to class. Not giving a about the lessons. Think about Kungsoo. Class ends. Then, repeat the cycle at his next class. Today, though, he was doing more of the thinking of Kyungsoo part. His hyung’s manly and stoic exterior was shielding the ball of sensitive fluff in the inside. Matter of fact, he has seen that fluff ball several times. Whenever Kyungsoo cooks or bakes, sings, or sees or hears about something emotional, his hyung becomes a total ball of fluff. So seeing his hyung reduce to a tremoring mess, it makes Jongin want to be there to protect him.

During lunch, Jongin goes to Kyungsoo’s class to walk him to their typical meeting place. They meet with the other guys and spend lunch eating and chatting. Kyungsoo smiles and talks to Jongin about everything to get his mind off the clown. It worked. For the rest of the day, his was clown free. He got through his classes just fine and was happy that he had talked to his dongsaeng. He was going to be just fine.

Maybe he will not do just fine. During the student council meeting, there were rumors going around about the clown being released soon after arrest because he was not holding a machete when he was arrested. It was dismissed as a prank, but it was placed on record and will be jailed or imprisoned if he gets arrested again.

‘It’s fine. . . My mom’s gonna pick me up. . . I’ll be fine.’ Kyungsoo thought. He sat in the student council room and waited for his mother.

“Kyungie. I know it’s dark and the house is a twenty minute walk, but can you please walk home today? I really want to pick you up, but you’re dad and I are stuck at work.” Kyungsoo stiffened as he heard his mother on the other end of the phone. Not wanting to inconvenience and worry his mother, he agrees to walk home by himself.

“Oh, I love you, Kyungie. See you at home later tonight.” His mother said.

“Love you too, umma. See you later.” Kyungsoo said before hanging up. He looked out the window. It was already pitch dark outside and the only light he had were the very few street lamps that littered the street. Kyungsoo took a deep breath and hopped off the window sill.

‘This is just great. . . I don’t mind walking in the dark, but walking in the dark with the potential of a killer clown coming to kill me is something else.’ Kyungsoo thought as he walked to the entrance of the school. He stared out the door.

“I can do this.” He said to himself. He stepped one foot outside. He froze for a second to listen for sounds. When he heard nothing but the breeze, he took slow and steady steps. He heard a rustling noise somewhere nearby and immediately ran back inside the building. He bumped into something which sent him staggering back. Before falling on his , he felt a strong arm wrap around his waist, holding him up. He looked up to find Jongin.

“Hyung, you okay?” Jongin said. Kyungsoo looked behind and then back to Jongin before hugging Jongin. Jongin was startled by his hyung’s sudden clinginess, but he wrapped his arm around Kyungsoo and held him close.

“It’s okay. You can always tell me what’s up, hyung.” Jongin said. His voice was gentle and soothing which was just what a frantic Kyungsoo needed. When Kyungsoo finally loosened his hold on Jongin. Jongin sat them down and pulled Kyungsoo close.

“I’m guessing you were told to walk back home too.” Jongin said. Kyungsoo could only nod to the question.

“I’m also going to assume that you heard that the clown guy was released.” Jongin said. Kyungsoo did not give any response for a while. He knew Jongin already knew about his fear of that stupid killer clown, but he always felt embarrassed revealing his fears. Jongin knew this as well. He was not sure how to make him overcome that fear, but he had to do something to make Kyungsoo better. Without thinking, Jongin stood up and held out his hand for Kyungsoo to take.

I’ll walk you home,” Jongin said, looking down at his hyung. Kyungsoo looked to the hand and up to Jongin. Kyungsoo blinked. Jongin gave him a bright reassuring smile which was all Kyungsoo needed to take Jongin’s hand.

“Are you sure?” Kyungsoo said. He did not want to inconvenience his dongsaeng. Jongin squeezed Kyungsoo’s hand which he felt fit in his perfectly. Kyungsoo looked up again and could not help but blush at the way Jongin looked at him. He looked down at their linked hands and smiled. He felt safe. He felt protected.

“C’mon. Let’s get you home.” Jongin said.


AN:

So uh. . . I did promise myself I would update every week. Well, my apologies. I lied.

What happened? You see. . . Life got in the way. Some stuff was going down on my side.

I also had a weird form of writer's block. I was having a hard time with this prompt for some reason. This looks so bad. My only way of getting out of a writer's block is just to force myself through it. If anyone gives me feedback on this story, I can rewrite it later.

I was able to write other stories. Those are not fanfictions, though. If anyone is interested, I can write a fanfic version of them. I was told the storyline of my other stories were pretty cool, but I guess that's up to you guys. Message me or comment if interested.

If anyone still actually reads my stuff, props to you.

Thanks for staying! I'll have another one up soon. Sometime this week perhaps.

Next: "Have a Good Day at Work" featuring HunHan.