004) Come Here. Let me Fix it.

100 Ways to Say

It has been weeks since Minseok has last been to school. His work was emailed to him by teachers. His work was emailed to him by his teachers. His mother brought up food to his door only for her to pick it up the way it was brought. On lucky days, bits and portions of each food item would be picked off.

So, why was Minseok gone? That was the question that was stuck in Jongdae’s mind. Jongdae would try to ask Minseok’s childhood friends, Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon, but did not want to say anything. He asked his other friends in their group circle, but they were just as clueless as he. Throughout those weeks, Jongdae had called, texted, and has tried to get in contact with Minseok. He got no response which was beginning to not surprise him anymore.

Meanwhile, Minseok was curled up on his bed. He looked at his cellphone to see a simple greeting from Jongdae. A small smile managed to break the frown on his face. He stared at the simple yet heartfelt message.

‘He’s been the only one who cares.’ Minseok thought. He knew his other friends cared too, which he appreciates, but to know that Jongdae cared felt even better.

Why was Minseok gone?

Well, it started weeks ago when he went to go surprise his no ex-boyfriend for his birthday. When he arrived at his boyfriend’s house with the cake and decorations, he found his boyfriend and a girl lying with their arms around each other. That very day, Minseok broke up with him and stayed at home, not ready to face him at school. He did not tell Joonmyeon or Kyungsoo until the second week. Since then, the two have been visiting to check on Minseok. When Kyungsoo suggested bringing the other guys, Minseok was hesitant. He did not want the guys to see him that way. Especially not Jongdae. They all saw him as strong, and he refused to let them see him weak over an .

It was different though today. Something inside him, a gut feeling if you will, told him to bring Jongdae to his house. Maybe it is because he does not want his dongsaeng to worry. He picked up his phone and told Joonmyeon and Kyungsoo to have Jongdae come in their place so that they could spend time with their own boyfriends.

“Seok! I’m taking over a friend’s shift. Please eat something!” Minseok’s mom called to him from downstairs.

“Okay!” He replied simply just before he heard the front door close. Minseok finally sat off and slipped off his bed. He cringed slightly when he saw himself in the mirror. He looked, for a lack of a better term, like . His cheeks were slightly in. His hair was disheveled. His shorts and t-shirt were wrinkled. His eyes were bloodshot and slightly puffy from crying the night before. The worst part were his eye bags. He may have just bested Tao.

“I should probably fix up.” Minseok thought aloud. After taking a long shower and dressing in less wrinkled clothes, Minseok heard the doorbell ring. He quickly walked downstairs to greet the guest. His smile faltered slightly when he opened the front door.

“Minseok-ah. . .”

Jongdae was finally going to get closure. He was finally going to see his favorite hyung and make sure he was okay. Thinking about it, the problem might be Minseok’s boyfriend, Gunho. Gunho has been acting strange and hanging around a girl often.

‘I told Minseok he was no good.’ He thought his fists clenched as he walked to Minseok’s. Once there, he was surprised to find the door unlocked. He was about to call out when he heard a crash upstairs.

“I know you ing cheated! I saw you for ’s sake!” He heard Minseok yell.

“C’mon, babe-”

“Don’t call me that!” Minseok barked. The sound of skin striking skin resonated in the air. Jongdae quickly made his way up the stairs to find Minseok leaning against the wall and holding his cheek as a fuming Gunho reached for Minseok’s collar.

“You ungrateful ! I was the only willing to date your ugly, , fa-”

“Don’t you dare finish that.” Jongdae’s voice cut through the air. Minseok turned to see Jongdae, an unreadable expression adorning his usually cheerful features.

“You should be the one who’s grateful.” Jongdae’s voice had an edge. The guy immediately turned around, releasing Minseok who dropped to the floor with a whimper.

“And why’s that?” Gunho spat at Jongdae’s face. Jongdae’s hand shot out and gripped harshly unto Gunho’s hair.

“Minseok-hyung is the kindest, smartest, and most beautiful person in the world and people who can’t see that are ing blind. You’re lucky to even be in his presence you worthless boy.” Jongdae’s brain to mouth filter was not operational as his adoration for Minseok was clearly shown in his words, making Minseok tear up. Gunho hissed in pain before Jongdae released him. Gunho took one last glare at Jongdae before grabbing Minseoks phone from the dresser and throwing it to the ground causing the battery to pop out.

“Whatever, ing .” Gunho muttered before storming downstairs. When they heard the front door slam shut, Minseok finally let out a breath as he tried to hold back his tears. Jongdae immediately crouched down in front of Minseok, his hair.

“J-Jongdae-yah?” Minseok’s voice was cracking as he hiccupped. Jongdae made a hushing noise before smiling gently to his hyung.

Come here. Let me fix it.” Jongdae said. Minseok knew Jongdae was not talking about his broken phone as he crawled to the younger male and allowed him to wrap his arms around him in a tender, secure embrace. Jongdae rubbed Minseok’s back in a soothing and calming motion. Jongdae rocked his hyung as he felt Minseok tremble in his arms.

“Pick a song.” Jongdae asked.

“Nothing Better.” Minseok said right away. Jongdae nodded before singing.

"naege eonjen-ga wattdon neo-ye eolgureul gi-eokhae
meomchwoittdeon nae mameul mibgedo gojang nan nae gaseumul
neo-ye hanhan misoga sibgedo yon-geoya

geurae geureohke naega neo-ye sarami dwen geoya
motnattdeon nae joo okdeuri ijen giokjoo cha an na
nareul kkok jameul soni boomcheoram ttatteuthaeseo

ije kkumcheoreom nae mameun keudae gyott'e kamanhi meomchwoseoyo
han sun-gando kkae-ji anhneun kkeut'obneun kkumeul kkwoyo

ije sumcheoreom nae gyot'e hangsang swimyo geureohke isseojumyon
Nothing better, nothing better than you
Nothing better, nothing better than you"

 


 

AN:

So, this is late again. Ugh, my life outside of AFF was a bit hectic. It's all good though!

Oh! You can request for a certain story to be for a certain couple. I already have a few requests, so don't be shy!

The next story is called "I'll walk you home" featuring Kaisoo.

Talk to ya'll next time!

~V