Chapter 3

Crystal Wings

"Okay, so what is going to happen?" 

"Well, V, I can help you find this 'thing' you are supposed to retrieve. But just where did this person say the item will be?" Hoseok started circling 'V'.

"They said the King has it."

Hoseok stopped dead in his tracks and his light breathing ceased. He turned slowly to look at Taehyung with a worried expression. Taehyung look back at him, confused about Hoseok's reaction when he said something about the king. Hoseok walked towards the other and grabbed his shoulders, his eyes flashing orange for a split second before returning back to the normal icy blue. 

"Is there something about the king I should know?" Taehyung was worried because of the look on Hoseok's face.

"Yes, actually. He is a horrible person. He has killed countless Fey that have not even done wrong! And you want to steal something from him?!"

"What do you mean by 'He has killed countless Fey that have not even done wrong?'" Taehyung questioned, confused yet scared. 

"Many Fey that do not live right in the city surrounding the castle have been told they are mad. Now, that is not just because of where they have chosen to live. Most of us who do not live there are actually insane. The king has captured some of them and tortured and killed them. He finds it 'fun'." Hoseok visibly shivered. 

"That is insane in and of itself!" Taehyung shouted and threw his hands up in the air.

"Exactly my point. He is no good and I think you should just leave here right now and go home. Back to all of those Earthy things you do." walking over to V, Hoseok grabbed his arm and pulled him towards an invisible exit to the right of them. "You need to go now."

"No. I have to do this. I can't not!" Taehyung pulled his arm out of the other's grip and stared him right in the face. 

"Well, I guess. But I am not going to help you out."

"Who said you were?"

"Umm... I was going to help you but now I wont." Hoseok crossed his arms and looked away, a slight whine in his voice.

Taehyung grabbed Hoseok's arm and spun him around, a pouty look on his face. "Could you help me?" 

Hoseok sighed loudly, "Maybe." 

"YAY!" Taehyung cheered not so quietly.

Hoseok shook his head, a discreet smile on his face, "I never said I would help you, I said maybe."

"Oh you know you're going to help me!" Taehyung giggled and looked around for the door, "Umm, where is the door? We need to get going!" 

"Hold on, let me go get a few things."

Taehyung watched him walk to a random part of the room and push the wall in. A section of the wall sank in and then moved off to the side and Hoseok dissapeared into the new hole's darkness. 

He came back in about a minute later, a large bag in his hand. He pushed it towards V, "Here, you are carrying this. It is punishment for making me go with you." V gave a look of disgust but complied. Grabbing the bag and settling it onto his shoulders, he looked at Hoseok and smiled, excited but also nervous for the adventure. 

Hoseok sighed, "Okay, let's go."

 

The two set out a couple minutes later after a quick lecture towards Taehyung about never leaving Hoseok's side. Taehyung was skipping along, humming a tune to a song who's name he couldn't remember, while Hoseok looked thoroughly annoyed. They were barely five minutes into their walk before Hoseok couldn't take it anymore, Taehyun's cheerfulness was getting on his nerves.

"V, could you please shut up!" Hoseok stopped walking and threw a look towards Taehyung, who was still skipping and humming.

He looked back, "Maybe." Hoseok sighed deeply before walking again, trying to catch up to the still singing, Taehyung.

 

About an hour or so later the duo stopped to rest, sitting on a fallen tree. Hoseok looked up, figuring it was about three fourths time (18:00). He got up and grabbed the bag that V dropped, digging around for some of the food he brought. After he found the container he was looking for, he sat back down on the tree trunk and opened it, calling Taehyung back over from where he was playing with a strange looking squirrel.

While they were eating, Hoseok turned his body towards Taehyung and opened his mouth to speak, catching Taehyung's attention, "Why did you chose the name 'V'? You could've chosen any other name in all of the worlds, and you chose 'V'."

Taehyung sat there for a minute, wondering to himself why he did choose that name, "Honestly, Hoseok, I don't really know." He slumped back now, trying to figure out why that was the first name that went to his head. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to throw you into a loop there." Hoseok stated with a chuckle. Taehyung looked over at him quickly, eyes wide, still deep in thought. Hoseok hit his arm and he snapped out of his trance, "C'mon now, eat your food." 

They ate for a while before it started getting dark. When everything was put away, Hoseok looked at Taehyung and had a serious look on his face. "You have to sleep on the log tonight, the ground isn't safe for you at night, you might get injured. Anyway, good night!" He finished off with a smile, one that scared Taehyung, but also made him feel relieved.

 

 

 

A/N: I am so so so sorry for this late update, AGAIN. This is again, a bit shorter, but I am going to try my hardest to update more in the future! I hope everyone likes this chapter!