Chapter 2

Crystal Wings

Taehyung opened his eyes and everything was dark. His eyes tried to focus on something, anything but there wasn't even a small bit of light. He raised his hand to find a blanket covering him. He lifted it off of his face and squinted when the light from a brightly burning candle reached his eyes. 

"Oh, I was wondering when you would wake up." A slightly familiar voice rang out from beside him.

He turned his head to look at who was beside him. Taehyung's eyes widened as he saw Hoseok hanging upside down on a beam that went across the ceiling above. Hoseok swayed slightly while looking at him, his head tilted a bit to the side and a book in his hand.

"Where are we?" The words slipped out hoarsely from Taehyung's mouth.

"We, my friend, are in a secret place underground." Hoseok's eyes flashed towards Taehyung for a split second before hurling himself up and off of the beam, landing perfectly on his feet.

"U-u-underground?!" Taehyung squeaked slightly, throat dry from lack of water. 

"Yes, that is what I said." 

"Why are we here? I thought you were going to eat me." 

"Do you want me to?"

Hoseok walked up close to Taehyung and shoved his face into the latter's. His eyes were wide in amazement and they glowed a bright orange color. He cocked his head to the side a bit before backing up,

"My, oh my, you are an interesting creature! What exactly are you thinking about?" The question startled Taehyung and Hoseok looked at him with full on curiosity. 

"Ummm..."

"Well? Spit it out, I am very curious!"

"Well, for starters I'm actually thinking about why you asked me that question and why you are keeping me locked up here if you aren't going to savagely tear my body apart and eat me."

Hoseok started laughing hysterically. He fell to the floor and curled up into the fetal position and held his stomach, cackling loudly. He tried to speak but he was so amused and out of breath he couldn't.

"Why... why... why... Why do you think I would actually eat you?!" Hoseok burst out laughing again.

"I don't know, mostly because you said you were going to and frankly, I don't know you." 

"That is right," Hoseok said, face turning serious, "You do not know me, and, you never will. Even I, myself, does not even know me. I am a complex creature with many twists and turns and it would take a lifetime to wind through out them all. But anyway, let me untie you." His serious gaze melted away as he said the last sentence and walked over to Taehyung and grabbing a knife off the table beside him. 

He walked behind the chair he had placed Taehyung on and grabbed his wrists, taking the knife and slowly cutting though the ropes that bound his hand together. The ropes fell to the floor and Taehyung pulled his hands in front of him and rubbed his wrists. 

"Thank you for untying me." 

"Yep. Now, why are you, a measly human, in this type of place?"

"I was asked to go retrieve something for someone because I had tried to steal something from their shop."

"You?! Steal something?! You do not even look like someone who would tell a lie, you weak human." Hoseok cracked up again.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, he knew it was gonna be a long time before he will get any answers to anything.