Midnight

Expecto Patronum

" Okay you got everything ? Your toiletries , clothes , books , wand , Athena . " Anna smiled and nodded .  " Check , check and check . I've packed all of them Ma , I'll be fine . " Mrs Ignatius smiled sadly and nodded . " I just want to make sure you've got them all , I won't be there to help you when you need anything . " Anna sighed . " Pa , can you please console your wife . " Mr. Ignatius chuckled and wrapped an arm around his wife's waist . " She can still send Athena if she needed anything calm down . " " Yes but how often do we see an owl in the morning , yet in an Asian country . " Alex sighed and look at his younger sister . 

" You're really going away huh ? " Anna smirked . " Yea , so the computer are all yours . " She joked but that seemed to have upset Alex with the grim frown on his face . Anna softened . " I'll send you lots of letters , besides I'll be bringing my phone with me . " " Do they have service there ? " He mumbled , crossing his arms . Anna shrugged . " I'll still send you letters . " Alex sighed and nodded , giving her one last hug . " I'll miss you . " Anna smiled wistfully . " I'll miss you too . " Mr.Ignatius looked at his watch and cursed silently . " Okay , time for you to go or you'll be late . Come on . " They walked her to the platform and gave her a final goodbye before watching her disappear between the wall discreetly . 

---

Anna watched as family's hugged their children from her compartment . It was her first time witnessing people with colourful robes or coats with pointed hats or with really odd looking coats and was that a scaled coat ? " Hey , do you mind if I join you ? " A loud and rough voice brought her out of her thoughts as she turn to look at an asian boy with blonde tuff of hair . He smiled and waved at her . She shake her head . " No , go ahead . " He beamed and carried his luggage in . " You must be a first year , or I would've seen your face in Hogwarts . " Anna nodded . " First year , how about you ? " The boy hopped into his seat opposite her . " Second year , Gryffindor . You look like a Gryffindor or a Ravenclaw , though I do hope that you're in Gryffindor . You seem nice . " 

Anna shrugged . " It's up to the Sorting Hat , I don't mind any houses . " The boy nodded . " Your family told you about the houses huh ? " Anna shake her head . " No , I read the History of Magic before coming . I'm a muggle-born . " The boy nodded . " Wow , you must be shocked about all of this ? " She smiled and nodded . " Yeah , my family were shocked but we're good now . " The boy smiled but then he gasped and held his hand out . " So sorry , I'm Jackson Wang . " Anna laughed and shook his hand . " Anna Ignatius  " Jackson smiled and was about to say something when the compartment door opened . " Jackson! I was looking for you- Oh ! Who is this ? " Another asian boy with  small eyes but a nice build stood there " Jaebum hyung ! Come here and meet my new first year friend . " Jackson waved him over . 

Jaebum sat next to Jackson and nodded at her . " Hello , I'm a Im Jaebum but you can call me JB . I'm a second-year  " Anna smiled at him and waved . " Anna Ignatius , first year . " " So , since it's a few hours away from Hogwarts , why don't we get to know each other ? " Jaebum nodded and turn to Anna . " So I take it that you're Asian too ? " Anna nodded . " How did you know ? " Jaebum shrugged . " You looked Asian but your skin colour is a little different . " Anna smiled . " I'm a half Chinese and half Indian . Malaysia actually , which is why my skin is quite dark . " Jackson gaped . " A Malaysian ? Wow that's a first . No wonder you seem different than a regular Asian . " Anna chuckled . " I'm from Hong Kong , pure blood so is Jaebum but he's Korean . " Anna smiled . 

" So Jaebum- " " Jaebum oppa . " Anna blinked at him . " Huh ? " Jaebum chuckled . " I'm Korean and older than you . In my country , friends or family who are younger call the older oppa for girls or hyung for guys . " Anna smiled . " So I'm your friend ? " Jaebum smirked . " You don't want to ? " Anna chuckled and shake her head . " Okay then Jaebum oppa , what house are you in ? "  " Gryffindor . "  Anna nodded . " What house do you want to be in ? " Jaebum asked and Anne smiled . " I don't mind any . " Jaebum frowned . " Yeah , but you should definitely not enter Slytherin . " Anna cocked her head . " Why ? " " Because Slytherins don't like muggles what more a muggle-born . Well most of them . They're stuck up , arrogant and plain rude . Not to mention biased to the purebloods " Anna frowned . " Is it that bad ? " Jackson nodded . " Most of them are , not sure about the others but try to stay away . " 

---

" Gryffindor !! " The sorting hat bellowed and the Gryffindor house cheered as Anna smiled and got down from the podium . " Welcome to the family Anna !! " Jackson squealed and pulled her to sit next to him . Anna laughed at his behaviour while Jaebum looked embarassed to know him . the whole ride to Hogwarts had made the trio closer and she got to know Jaebum's passion for Quidditch ( She's pretty interested too . I mean , flying on brooms !) and Jackson's wild behaviour ( proven when he tried to pull the whole snack cart into the compartment while the attendant isn't looking) . " Welcome Anna , as your official seniors , we'll give you a free tour around the castle tomorrow . " Jaebum winked and Anna grinned . Another girl was selected into Gryffindor and they cheered for her as she came and sat next to Anna . ' Hi I'm Anna ! What's your name ? " The girl smiled . " I'm Jennifer but call me Jenny . " " Hello Jennifer ! Welcome to Gryffindor the best house ever ! " Jackson yelled which then earned a quiet shush from Professor McGonagall .

Jackson winced and sat back down on his seat as the table roared with laughter . Jennifer laughed and nodded . " Thanks . " The four of them started conversing right away , personalities clicking together and Anna couldn't be happier , finding new friends on the first day at Hogwarts . " Okay everyone may I have your attention ! " Anna and the others stared at the Principal of Hogwarts . " I would like to welcome all first years to Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry . I know that most of you are starving because of the long train ride but I would like to say a few words before hand ." Suddenly , she felt a pair of eyes on her and she slowly look around the hall to pinpoint the eyes . Finally she saw them . A pair of midnight eyes stared at her , deep black pool pulling her into a dark abyss . They seem to be telling her something , trying to convey a message . She felt herself being pulled into those eyes . But she noticed the stripped green and white around his neck . He's a Slytherin . She realised and then her eyes snapped to take in whole face . 

He was sitting at the other end of the hall , at the Slytherin table . However , she can't seem to take her eyes off him and it seems that he wasn't planning to do so either . " Anna . " She was pulled back into reality when she felt a pinch on her arm . She turn to see three pair of eyes staring at her . " Why did you space out like that ? " Anna blinked and realised that the principal had finished his speech . " Oh , sorry was thiking about something , what did the principal say ? " She asked , naturally avoiding the topic but it seemed that Jennifer saw the whole thing as she had the I-don't-buy-it look . Anna shrugged but the eyes would not get out of her mind . " Oh just the usual , students are too abide by the rules . No going into the Forbidden forest without a professor , No wandering around the castle at night the usual . " Jackson said , through his filled mouth . Anna , Jenny and Jaebum stare at him with disgust . 

Anna shake her head and look up to see the same midnight eyes staring at her . But this time , the guy looked away first and went on to talk to his friend with brown hair . His smooth milky skin , a mole above his sharp jawline . Anna could feel the heat in her skin and quicly looked down at her food and started eating . She could feel Jennifer looking at her and she look at her . Jennifer had one of her eyebrows raised and she was smirking , slowly chewing on her food . Anna scowled and smacked her arm . Jennifer laughed . Anna look at Jaebum who was telling Jackson to slow down on his food . But those midnight eyes continued to be on her mind , and she fall asleep remembering those eyes , midnight eyes . 


Dugeun dugeun