Getting there

Behind those Hazel Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

 

Jessica tossed and turned during the night unable to shake her nightmare. 

 

“Mommy” she whimpered out desperately reaching out to the figure of her mother moving away from her. Jessica shouted “Mommy” once more waking Yunho from his sleep. He rushed towards his sister’s room bursting into it only to find a heartbreaking scene in front of him. 

 

There she lay on her bed covered in sweat with tears running down her face. He quickly crossed the room, picked her up and tucked her into his arms whispering comforting words to her while he rocked them back and forth. Jessica’s small hands gripped tightly on the the front of his shirt making his heart clench once again with pain.

 

He and his brother knew Jessica the best and without the need of words, he understood how broken she was after the loss of their mother. She never says how she feels but her brothers knew by watching her how lonely and abandoned she was. 

 

Yunho sighed while looking outside through the big glass walls Jessica had desperately asked for them to put in her room that overlooked the garden that their mother had first created but was now tended to by the hired staff. He just couldn't go to sleep afraid that if he dosed off for a bit that Jessica would become restless again. He carefully moved them so that he was now leaning against the headrest of Jessica’s bed while she was tucked in tightly to his side still clutching on to the front of his shirt. 

 

It was a habit Jessica had developed as a child and continue to do. Yunho, however, was thankful that she still displayed characteristics of innocence and naivety and he wished that it will never go away. No matter how much of an ice cold young business woman she was to the world, she was still their delicate little Jessica who would cry at the thought of wasted ice cream. 

 

 

 

*Next Day*

 

Yunho’s POV

 

After dropping of Jessica across the street and letting her know that she can wait in my office when she is done looking around her newly renovated building, I walked towards Kwon Corp texting my assistant that I am arriving soon. 

 

I couldn't get my sleep in last night because I was worrying too much about Sica. Rubbing my forehead and letting out a yawn, I stepped into my best friend’s office offering a small greeting then sat down on one of the chairs. We haven't even started the meeting and I am already too tired to function.

 

“What’s wrong with you bro?” Jiyong is my best friend. Most call him a deadly Dragon cause they say he literally breathes fire when he orders you around but as someone with the same position, you cant help but want perfection.

 

Rubbing my head once again I replied “My sisters are home.. Sooyeon is just struggling a bit after the loss of our mother. I think she took it the hardest. 

 

Nodding at me he simply got up, filled a glass of water and handed it to me with some tablets. 

 

“I am sure she’s a big girl Yunho.”

 

“I know she is but this time, it’s different. The nightmares… you know how I told you of her fears and now with my mother gone it’s just becoming worse.”

 

I didn't want to admit it but I feel useless as an older brother. Seeing them from time to time and being in and out of my sisters lives have put a strain on them and on our relationship with each other. I have always tried to be the best brother possible with always contacting them and keeping in touch but there is only so much you can do. We go months without seeing each other and every time they come, they end up leaving after a few weeks or even days. 

 

This time, I know it’s different. They never have to leave us now but it has come at a price.

 

I felt a hand grip on to shoulder slightly shaking me breaking me out of my trance. 

 

“Why don’t you go spend the day with her bro? I’ll finish up here and leave as well. Seeing you worry about your sisters so much has made me want to see mine.”

 

Grinning up at him I didn't really want to leave. I just got here and leaving again is completely unprofessional. 

 

“It’s fine. I promised Sica I would meet her after this anyways so I might as well do some work.”

 

Picking up the files in front of me, I began processing through the deal with Jiyong. Glancing up at him I sighed. Nothing has been going through to me. All I can see are blurs and this growing headache wasn't doing me any favours.

 

“Why don't you just go meet her now? I’m sure that this deal is completely perfect as it is. I mean, come on! It is us who created it.” The smug tone in his voice made me laugh and without a response I picked up my discarded jacket and left the room throwing him a grateful smile. 

 

Once again crossing the street, I head towards Jessica’s building only to find her walking out of the building and completely ignoring me with her head down and her eyes glued to her phone on one hand and her planner on the other. Sica was on business mode and once she was like that, nothing else mattered. 

 

She walked passed me without giving me a second glance and I chuckled quietly at her cuteness. 

 

Following closely behind her watching her, I realise just how small she is. Of course, she has always been tiny but it was like she has lost a lot more weight. 

 

I should remember to make her eat some more. 

 

Following her through the lobby and towards the elevators, I quickly hid myself behind some of the workers who quickly bow in my direction while I shook my head notifying them to be quiet. 

 

Sica stepped out of the elevators and headed towards my office and I shook my head once again at just how oblivious she was of me even when we were the only two people left in the tiny space.

 

She opened the door and walked towards one of the black leather couches in the corner of the room and sat down. Only then did she notice me when she had put her bag down.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter