3: not like it seems

Love Beyond Borders

Jeongyeon 

"B*tch, stay in your lane. He's never going to like you. Or understand you. So keep your eyes on the rest of the guys who look like you." Bianca hisses. I tap my pencil on the desk angrily. Why does she have a problem with me just looking at guy from the basketball team. I mean, who wouldn't look at him? He's a handsome, buff guy. It's not like I was actually going to make a move on him. I sigh. This was the fifteenth time she's called me a today. Let's see, she's also called me a wh*re, loser, mother-f**ker, and of course, B*tch. And then there's the racist comments. I don't know where to begin with those. I kinda just started to tune her out by now about that. 
Bianca squeezes a few more insults and rude statements before the bell rings. 
"Grab your effing bag, squint-eye." I restrain myself from saying anything and pick up my backpack. 
"Are we going to your house?" I ask, feeling anger building in my chest. Bianca smirks. 
"No, I'm gonna drop your sorry off in the south side of town. What do you think?" I stare at her for a minute, wondering if she's joking or not. I honestly think I'd prefer that over staying with her for the next three months. 
"I guess we are going to your house then." Bianca pops a stick of bubblegum in as we walk out the door. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ, that makes me think of Hyuana's song Bubble Pop. It feels like I haven't listened to music in so long although it's just been a day. I left my iPod in my suitcase and my phone died, so I haven't really gotten the chance. 
"Over here, Korea." That's a new one. I think, How is that even supposed to be offensive? I run my hand through my short hair and straighten my uniform skirt as I follow Bianca into the school office. "They have your effing suitcase. Get your and meet me by that door." I blow my bangs. Aigoo! Why'd I have to get stuck with her? Just why?
"Sweatheart, what's your name?" The nice lady at the school desk asks, tapping on her own name badge. 
"Jeongyeon." I reply with a small smile. "Spelled like this." I show her my school ID. She nods her head and grabs my suitcase from behind the desk. 
"Here you go, honey. Have a nice stay in the U.S." I smile and bow to her a little. I open the front pocket and pull out my iPod then walk out the door. Bianca stands by the exit on her phone, blowing a bubble with her stupid red lips. I wish I could slap that ever-present smirk off her face. 
"Ready to go, loser?" I nod my head and roll my eyes. Can't wait to spend the next 12 hours alone with Bianca. Maybe her parents are nice. Maybe she'll act normal around them. Maybe she'll...
"Who's the girl, Bia?" A tough-looking guy asks Bianca. She blows a bubble and responds. 
"Some stupid girl from China my parents are making follow me around." Okay, now she's just saying this to annoy me. She obviously knows I'm from South Korea, not China. I blow my bangs again. Don't punch her. 
"Aww babe that . Guess that means you can't come hang with me and the guys now. I guess I'll just..."
"No! I mean no, I can totally effing hang out with you all. I think the baseball team is having practice right now so we can drop that off. I think my ex Sam has one of the kids like her." Tough guy nods. 
"That sounds aight. What's her name?" Bianca chaws her gum before responding. She nudges my arm, wanting me to say something. I cross my arms but decide it's in my best interest to follow her requests. I honestly am scared for what's going to happen to me right now. I don't know what they're going to do(although I have some ideas) or where I'm going. I wish we were going to her house. 
"M-my name is Jeongyeon. You probably can't remember that though. It does not seem like your girl can." Tough guy smirks. 
"Little Chinese girl is kinda sassy, Bia. She musta been around you too long." Bianca blows another bubble. "Aight, lets go. If it makes you feel better, I'll talk to Sam fo you. " Bianca rolls her eyes. 
"I'll talk to that little sh*t myself. I should give him a piece of my mind. Let's go, stupid wh*re." Aigoo, maybe it's a good thing I'm going to be away from her a little bit, even if I'm not sure where I'm going. Bianca grabs my wrist forcefully and drags me with her as we cross the street. I'm so confused. Is this what normal life is like after school in America? 
The baseball field is busy with guys playing a game. We walk behind the field and up the bleachers to find four of the younger guys from my school, only one of which I know his name.
"Hey Yoongi." I say in Korean. Yoongi looks up, sort of surprised to see me. 
"Oh hi, Jeongyeon. What're you doing here?" He asks in Korean. I shrug my shoulders. 
"I honestly don't know. She said she was going to drop me here while she went and did something with him." I say, motioning towards Bianca and her boyfriend, who are now gone. I look back in shock and frustration. Yoongi smiles and laughs a little. 
"Oh Jeongyeon, you're so innocent. That guy's a drug dealer. My host told me to stay away from him. Apparently he's 'bad news'. What did you think that girl was going to do with him? Play hide and seek in the park? Honestly they're probably gonna do drugs. Or each other. Or both." I stare at Yoongi in shock. People actually do that here? Also, I've never heard Yoongi talk that much, but that's beside the fact. 
"What? Aigoo! This day just keeps getting worse!" I say, collapsing onto the bleachers. I accidentally kick my suitcase and it falls off the bleachers. I don't know why, but I start crying. 
"Jeongyeon, why are you crying? Jimin, get down here! Your sister's friend is crying." Oh yeah, I think through my tears, that's Ha Eun's little brother. 
"Are you okay?" Jimin asks me. I shake my head. 
"Everything went horribly and my host is a B*tch who hangs out with drug dealers and is probably screwing one right now and I just want to go back to Seoul!" I say through my tears, feeling like a stupid child. I'm the oldest. I'm not supposed to break down like this. One of the baseball boys catches sight of my crying and I feel my face turn red. Jimin puts his arm around me to attempt to comfort me. Great, now baseball boy probably thinks we're together although Im three years older and two inches taller than Jimin. 
"Don't cry Jeongyeon. I'm sure it'll be okay. You could ask to follow someone else around. You know, Hoseok changed who he was with because he said the classes were too easy." I sniff and wipe my eyes, hoping none of my makeup is ruined. I guess he's right. It's not a lie that all the classes I went to today were too easy. I nod my head and shrug Jimin's arm off. 
"Okay, okay tomorrow I'll ask. But what about right now? What am I supposed to do?" 
"Hey Jiminie! You wanna go get something to eat?" Hoseok says, sliding between Jimin and Yoongi. Yoongi looks a little pissed but just sighs. From what I've seen, Yoongi's pretty much done with everyone's all the time. 
"I was going to stay here with Tae Tae and my sister's friend Jeongyeon. Oh and Yoongi. Maybe he wants to go with you." Hoseok looks over at Yoongi. 
"I'd rather jump into that big lake thats here. No thank you, Hoseok." Hoseok looks a little sad but then turns to Taehyung. Ah, that's the other guy's name. 
"What about you, Taehyung? Sam gave me some money to get food. Maybe you'll know how to say the order." Tae nods his head excitedly and jumps down from two bleachers up, almost falling. 
"Sure! I like to go places. See you all in a little bit." He says with a smile and follows a happy Hoseok down the bleachers to wherever they're selling food. 
"Aishh, those idiots. Well, I'm going to take a nap now." Yoongi says, laying down on his backpack. "Wake me up when the game's over." I nod my head and stand up to pick up my suitcase. I find my portable charger and plug my phone into it since I don't have wifi for my iPod. I need to text one of my friends, either Mina or Nayeon. After a minute my phone turns back on and I unlock it. 5 new messages from MINA. I tap on the messages. 
MINA: hey girl
MINA: how's your host
MINA: do you not have international service?
MINA: Reagan has a brother
MINA: he kinda looks like Justin Beiber
I laugh at her last text, which was sent 10 minutes ago, and respond. 
Me: hi
Me: sorry phone was dead
Me: Im kinda having a crisis 
I wait for Mina to respond but she doesn't, so I plug in my earbuds to my iPod. I tap on my Girl's Generation playlist and look out at the baseball field as Into The New World starts playing. I sigh. This might just be the iest day I've ever had. My phone buzzes and I look down to see two texts from Mina. 
MINA: its alright
MINA:aw honey what's wrong?
Tears well in my eyes and I look at the buildings of the city in the near distance. 
Me: everything
MINA: really? I thought you of all of us would love America the most
Me: well, America seems...interesting 
Me: its my host thats the problem 
Mina: how bad is she
I bite my lip and take a second to respond. I don't feel like I should curse when texting Mina of all people, but I really, really want to right now. I hate Bianca so ing much. 
Me: total racist
Me: not joking about the racist or part
Me: she keeps calling me names
Me: and Chinese 
MINA: wtf youre korean
MINA: and that really
MINA: Im sorry friend
MINA: i have to go now! Reagan wants me
MINA: ttyl 
I go to text her the same but and forcefully slammed off my bleacher by some guy trying to catch a ball flying over here. My head hits the bleacher below me, knocking my earbuds out and rendering me unconscious. The last thing I see is metal and Yoongi's shoes before I black out. Gosh, this is the absolute sh*ttiest day on the fricking planet.