2: start of something new

Love Beyond Borders

Kaylee
The class drags on for another thirty five minutes then our lunch bell rings. Namjoon gets up and trips, then tries to get up but accidentally knocks the desk over. I have trouble containing my laughter as I help him up. 
"You okay?" I ask, setting the desk upright. He nods and inspects the tablet. 
"Surprisingly yes. Well, I am clumsy so stuff like this happens to me a lot." I laugh and grab my sweater and lunchbox. 
"So am I. You wanna go to lunch now?" I ask, motioning towards the empty classroom. Namjoon nods. 
"Sure. I think one of the girls from my school is going to be at lunch. Maybe we can sit with her." I smile as we walk out of the classroom. 
"Ooh, you have a girlfriend?" Namjoon laughs. 
"I wish. Nah, me and Ji Soo are just friends. Even then, we're not great friends. We're just the closest in age of the people who came here. Well, besides me and Seokjin. Not that you care." I nod my head as we turn the corner. 
"Actually, I do care. Tell me about the other people who are here. How many people are here? What are their names? Do you know them well? These are the questions I desire to ask you." He smiles and brushes his hand over his hair. 
"Okay, I will just answer this first. What's your name?" Namjoon asks. I stare at him stupidly. I forgot to tell him my name!
"Oh, well I'm sure you want to know that! It's Kaylee, sorry for the delay. Gosh, that was rude of me to do. I'm sorry."
"It's fine." We start walking down the three flights of stairs to get to lunch, which are basically empty of the lunch rush of people. "Okay so I'll start with the oldest and go down, since I know more people in my grade. Well for the guys there's me and Seokjin, then Yoongi who would be a junior. Hoseok is supposed to be in his grade but he got held back so he's in Jimin and Taehyung's grade, which is your equivalent of a sophomore. Then there's Jungkook, and he's a Freshman and that's it for the guys." We walk into the lunchroom and join the mile long lunch line although I packed. I don't want Namjoon to be alone. 
"Cool. So do you know who any of the sophomore are staying with? Or like following around? I'm just curious if my sister or any of her friends have him in their class." Namjoon looks up, thinking for a moment. 
"Well, I think Tae is staying with someone named Brian but I'm not really sure about Jimin. I hope you get to meet him and the others. I'm pretty close with Seokjin and Taehyung but not so much the others so I'll introduce you all later." I smile and swing my lunchbox in my hand. 
"So what about the girls."
"Ah yes! Okay so Jeongyeon is the oldest, Jisoo is right behind her and then Na Yeon, Mina and Momo are a year younger than us. Da Hyun and Sana are sophomores then Chae Young and Tzuyu are freshmen. So yeah, that's pretty much it. Oh and out of the girls Jeong Yeon, Mina and Chae Young speak the best English, if you care about that." I smile and nod my head,which is a nervous habit. I do it when I'm in socially awkward situations. It's finally our turn to get lunch so I grab a tray for Namjoon. 
"Just tell me what you want." I say. He nods. 
"I'll tell you more about the guys and girls once we sit down. Ooh! Can I get the pizza?" I smile and laugh. 
"Sure." I say, handing the tray to the lunch lady. She slams three pieces of pizza on the tray and Namjoon thanks her. 
"Ugh, I hope you have nicer lunch ladies in Korea." 
"I wouldn't know because I pack every day." Namjoon says, moving forward in the line. I smile. 
"And I pack because of them.  Well anyways did they give you a card for your lunch?" He hold up a lanyard with a temporary student ID in it. 
"Right here. Ok I hope I do this right. So I just set my tray there and they ring up my items, right?" I nod my head. 
"Yep yes. Ok it's your turn." Namjoon sits down the tray and the person working the counter looks at him funny. He holds up the ID. 
"Ah, you're one of those exchanged students. You're free to go now." He thanks the person with a bow and looks around the lunchroom, presumably for the other girl from his school. 
"There she is." He says excitedly, waving at the girl from across the lunchroom. She beacons us over her way and I follow Namjoon as he weaves his way through the crowded tables. The girl has made space for us at the table along with some of the girls I recognize from Aidan's parties. 
"Hello! Namjoonie how are you?" The Korean girl says excitedly in slightly accented English. Namjoon smiles and sits down next to her. I slide into the chair next to him and look over at the Korean girl. 
"I'm fine. Just a little hungry. How are you, Ji Soo?" Ji Soo smiles and looks over at a blonde girl with a high ponytail who's sitting across from her. Ji Soo responds to him in Korean then looks over at me. Namjoon smiles and takes a bite of the pizza. 
"This is Kaylee. She's in the AP Calculus class." She stares at him a moment, processing what he said. Namjoon repeats himself in Korean and Ji Soo nods her head. 
"Okay okay. Nice to meet you Kaylee." I smile and take my lunch out of my purse. 
"Nice to meet you too." 
Namjoon and Ji Soo continue to talk to each other in Korean the rest of the lunch. I probably exhausted Namjoon with speaking so much English earlier so its probably a relief to speak in his own language to someone for once today. 
"What class are you going to?" I ask Namjoon after lunch. He thinks for a moment then replies,
"Ah, AP Biology. Can you show me the way?" I smile and adjust my purse. 
"Sure. Its actually just across the hall from where we had math." Namjoon smiles. 
"Well I Guess I'll be seeing you around school. Hopefully you get to meet some of my other friends. Thank you so much!" He says with a bow and leaves the same way we came down here, not even asking to follow me. I sigh and begin my journey to Civics, which is all the way across the school. I'm actually excited to meet those stupid Korean kids now. 

Taehyung

I follow Brian into the Civics classroom after we finish English class. I sit down at the empty seat in the corner next to a girl who has short brown hair. Brian sits far from me, completely ignoring me again. A girl with strawberry blonde hair sits in the front of the room, being the last person to enter the classroom. 
"Alright class,"the teacher says, "we have a special guest here all the way from South Korea. Please come up here and introduce yourself." She says, pointing at me. I stand up and walk to the front of the room. 
"Hi, I Kim Taehyung. I am from Busan, go to school in Seoul. Thank you!" I say with a smile and a bow then walk back to my desk. I notice the girl with short hair staring at me, then look at her. Blue eyes, pale skin, perfect little smile while staring at me. I stumble while sitting back down since I kept staring at her. Wait, do I have a crush on this girl?
The teacher continues to ramble on and on in English, so I only catch bits and pieces of what the topic is. I can't stop thinking about just seeing that girl. I wonder what she thinks of me. Her hair kind of reminds me of Go Joon Hee. She has a cool sense in fashion from what I can tell. Her backpack has a BIGBANG keychain on it. I really want to talk to her, but we're in class. I know, I know, I just saw her once, but dang, she's pretty. 
Class finally finishes and I stand up to leave. 
"Hey," the girl with pretty, short brown hair. I stare at her in shock. She just talked to me? 
"Me?" I say, questioning why she wanted to talk to me. She smiles, such a pretty smile. 
"Yeah you. Um, I just wanted to say I thought you spoke really good English. Your little accent is cute." She says, blushing. I feel myself smile. 
"Thank you thank you." I say. She's so sweet! She's so adorable. I can't help but want to hug her right now. 
"I like your smile too. It's cute. I'm Charity, by the way." She extends her hand. I awkwardly shake it, not used to this culture. 
"I am Taehyung, nice meeting you." I drop her delicate hand and say her name again, trying to figure out how to say it. 
"Char-Char-ee-t-ee? You say your name like that?" She nods her head and giggles. 
"Do you say yours Taee-young?" She asks. Although shes's a little off I smile. 
"Good good!" Silence fills the small space between us and Brian calls for me. I guess he does. All I understand is 'Tae' 
"I be there in a minute!" I yell back. Charity scratches her neck and grabs her backpack. 
"I guess I'll see you tomorrow. Nice meeting you, Taehyung." She says, mispronouncing my name in her cute voice. I don't care she said it wrong, I only care she cared to say my name. I wave goodbye to Charity. 
"See you! Have good night!" I say as I walk away. Charity giggles and waves to me. 
"You ready to go dude?" Brian asks. I nod my head, still thinking about Charity's smile. "We're gonna meet up with your friends Yoongi and Jimin. Oh, and Ho- something. I can't remember his name." I smile, not really understanding most of what he said besides my hyungs' names. I guess we're gonna go see them. God, Brian talks fast. I hold my thumbs up and smile. "Bro, you're so happy all the time. I don't get you." I laugh. 
"I guess I just happy to be here. You really nice to me. Thank you." Brian pats my back. 
"No problem dude. Now let's go play some baseball with your bros!" I nod my head and follow Brian to the baseball field. I can't wait to see my hyungs!